** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2012 Clydesdale Bank 40

kevshat

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Looks like there might be some criggit tonight :loon. Rain is forecast later in the evening though which makes the game a non betting proposition for me not least because I can't find any official Derbyshire team news. Might keep an eye on it though and if there's an in play opportunity around the half way stage I might come back with a bet. If not I'll leave it until the weekend.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Looks like there might be a chance of a completed match today so will take 3 in total. Derbyshire to beat Northamptonshire- Evens William Hill- (5/10) Don't really understand how Northants can be favourites here. They haven't anything to play for in the tournament now and looking at their squad for this match, you can certainly tell that. They've chosen to rest virtually all of their big players for this one including Jack Brooks, Vaas and Andrew Hall which leaves a hugely inexperienced front line bowling attack and when you put that together with the fact they've struggled for runs this season, I really have to oppose them. Cameron White isn't playing for them any more now the T20 is over and he was the only player to really score any substantial runs for them in the tournament so that leaves a huge gap in their side. Niall O'Brien isn't playing as well so it leaves probably 5/6 main batsman in their squad who will have to score runs as there really isn't anything below them. The squad just looks too weak to me here and when you consider Derbyshire have a couple of good players with both bat and ball, I think they will win this one. Couple of top bats for me as well. No each way so taking 2 for the same side. Alex Wakely Top Northamptonshire Batsman- 5/1 Bet365- (3/10) James Middlebrook Top Northamtonshire Batsman- 14/1 Blue Square- (2/10) I'll do just the one write-up for both players as it's much the same reasoning. As I've said, Northants are resting a ton of players tonight which leaves them short in both departments and the prices on these two guys are way too high IMO. First of all the absentees with the bat, which include Niall O'Brien and also Stephen Peters who isn't playing, as well as Andrew Hall which some bookies haven't picked up on so automatically the prices on both Wakely and Middlebrook are too high. Both will have to bat up the order as Northants will need the runs desperately and aside from David Sales, they are probably Northants' best 2 batsman in the squad tonight. When you look around at the prices, some firms have Wakely at 7/2 favourite, whilst Middlebrook is as low as 4/1 with some places which shows the over exaggeration of these odds and with notable players missing for Northants tonight, I'll back these 2 to go well and hopefully bring home the goods.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Change of plan. Seen the team news and Derbyshire have won the toss which should be big both as the wicket is likely to do a bit given it's been under covers for a while and the fact they have DL on their side if it rains. 10/11 still available at Coral so I've taken this bet tonight. Same stake, same reasoning just at Coral rather than Hills.

TV preview: 4pts Derbyshire to beat Northamptonshire 10/11 William Hill

I don’t see Northants risking anyone with niggles on a squelchy ground so I would expect Derbyshire to be the stronger side on paper and on the pitch. They have some good one day players in the likes of Chesney Hughes, Wes Durston and Tim Groenewald not to mention Wainwright with the ball too. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/northamptonshire-vs-derbyshire-betting--derbyshire-have-the-better-and-much-more-settled-side-to-lead-them-to-win

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Lovely weather. :eyes Although probably did me and Kev a bit of a favour there with Derbyshire struggling. Glad Northants got through their innings though, allowing Wakely to top score. +13.00 today though which takes me to +13.40 for the tournament. Hopefully the weather improves for the weekend to actually allow some results to happen. :hope

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 14 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Worcestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV match preview: 10pts Leicestershire vs Worcestershire - Under 8.5 6's 5/6 Skybet

I’ve no idea where this line comes from. Grace Road is one of the bigger grounds on the county circuit and neither of these batting line up’s are blessed with natural big hitters. Even if they were with all the rain that is around this isn’t going to be a wicket conducive to big hitting and high scoring. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/leicestershire-vs-worcestershire-betting--conditions-unlikely-to-suit-big-hitting-at-grace-road

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40

TV match preview: 10pts Leicestershire vs Worcestershire - Under 8.5 6's 5/6 Skybet

I’ve no idea where this line comes from. Grace Road is one of the bigger grounds on the county circuit and neither of these batting line up’s are blessed with natural big hitters. Even if they were with all the rain that is around this isn’t going to be a wicket conducive to big hitting and high scoring. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/leicestershire-vs-worcestershire-betting--conditions-unlikely-to-suit-big-hitting-at-grace-road

Will come back with any other bets in the morning but I have taken this max bet straight away. As I've explained in the article this line is lunacy :lol.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Weather looks okay for this afternoon on the whole so taking 2 in the TV game. Not massive write-ups as I want to make sure I get these done in decent time ahead of the game. Leicestershire (Most 6's) vs Worcestershire- 11/10 Stan James- (4/10) Although Kev is opting for the other 6's market, I do like Leicestershire's chances to clear the boundary more often today. One of the main reason I like them is the Worcestershire top 3. Ali, Hughes and Solanki will have to bat the majority of the overs you feel as they are the 3 class batsman in this Worcestershire side and although all 3 can hit a long ball when they have got themselves in, they all tend to generally pick the gaps in the field cleverly and hit more 4's than maximums so with those 3 occupying the crease for the majority, it won't give the likes of Cameron and Andrew in particular much time to execute the big strikes. Leicestershire have the likes of Cobb, Thornely, Boyce and White who can all hit a long ball whilst Sarwan can occasional clear the ropes as well. The Foxes know the conditions and boundaries better than their opponents here and although I don't think they will win today, I think they will win the 6's battle. Phil Hughes to score more runs than Vikram Solanki- 10/11 William Hill- (4/10) Not sure why the Australian is the underdog in this market considering the form he's in. He's batting superbly well at the minute and must be full of confidence and that's reflected in his recent games. He topped the charts in terms of runs in the T20 which was the main reason Worcestershire made the quarters and recently in the Championship match, he scored 87 whilst everyone else failed to score above 24. I do really like Vikram Solanki and he is a class batsman as he has been for many years but with Hughes batting the way he is, I have to back him to outscore the veteran here. With the match being on TV, Hughes will be out to prove a point given the criticism he's received over here in the UK and I think that will drive him on to perform well today.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Cracking match today which sort of makes up for the rotten weather over the past couple of...well months :lol Looks like a full house in here although I'm not sure what Skybet's sports rules are on reduced overs matches but hopefully Kev's bet was a winner. A couple of winners for me though which takes me to +21.43 for the tournament.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 15 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Unicorns (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Essex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Durham (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Leicestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Scotland (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV match preview: 4pts Durham to beat Hampshire 13/10 Bet365

Durham can get themselves right back in the mix with a win here and I think they are overpriced to get that win. They have some top players themselves and Phil Mustard especially is in good form in this competition. Neil McKenzie is an able replacement for Michael Carberry but it is a lot of runs Hampshire miss out on with their opener absent and at 13/10 there’s no doubt in my mind that Durham are the value call here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-durham-betting--durham-look-overpriced-in-crucial-group-c-battle

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Can't get away from voided bets at the minute. Skybet criminally lucky that the outfield was so wet on Saturday so I'm still +18.26 for the competition. Leicestershire's win was good for Middlesex though. Looks like there could be some creekit on Sunday and I'm going with 2. Not risking any of the real side markets purely because I suspect the outfields are going to make a bit of a lottery of them. 5pts Nottinghamshire to beat Surrey Evs BetVictor I'm sure this was predictable to anyone who followed me in the T20. There is no Kevin Pietersen in this match for Surrey and you have to say their batting line up looks very poor in his absence. I accept they are unbeaten in the competition but they won't have Rory Hamilton-Brown flaying away at the top of the order and obviously there's no Tom Maynard in the middle order. Steven Davies looks out of form so I don't see Surrey putting up the runs they are going to need to on this tiny Guildford ground. Scoring runs is no problem for Nottinghamshire. As I've said before in this thread for me they have the best top seven in the country right now and with no Tremlett in the Surrey side for this match I expect the Outlaws to fill their boots with the bat. There's nothing special in the Nottinghamshire bowling attack but then again they aren't bowling at much and so with their powerful batting line up against Surrey's ultra weak one I can only see the Outlaws winning this at a pretty incredible even money. 4pts Durham Most 6's 6/5 Bet365 I quite like Durham to hit the most 6's in this match. In the likes of Phil Mustard, Dale Benkenstein, Paul Collingwood, Ben Stokes and even Johann Myburgh to a lesser extent the Dynamos have a number of six hitters in their ranks and they bat quite deep so they can take a few more risks in this match. Hampshire aren't blessed with quite so many six hitters and none of their top four are natural big hitters. It's only when you get down the order to the likes of Sean Ervine and Dimi Mascarenhas that you find Hampshire's big hitters and with Michael Carberry being out for the Royals they don't bat as long and will need to be a bit more cautious at the beginning of the innings. Durham play a really attacking game with the bat and although Hampshire have the likes of Mascarenhas who is hard to hit for 6's, the likes of Wood and Ervine aren't. There is no Glenn Maxwell in this match as he's only signed for the T20 so I'll take Durham to hit the most 6's in this match.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 17 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Worcestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Hampshire (16:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV match preview: 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Hampshire 10/11 Coral

This should be a pretty tight match but Hampshire will have to bowl out of their skins to contain this Nottinghamshire batting line up on what is a pretty small ground on one side. At the Rose Bowl they nearly managed it but James Taylor got away, this time they will need to make sure they get right the way through and then they need the whole of their top four to deliver big runs. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-hampshire-betting--nottinghamshire-s-powerful-batting-can-lead-them-to-another-win

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Stayed away because of the rain yesterday but pleased Lancashire won and they look well placed in their group now. Couple of matches today with one starting earlier than the TV match later on. Taking 2 in that non televised game and might be back later if I see anything worth taking in the other match. Gloucestershire to beat Worcestershire- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) I'd have the home side as bigger favourites here in truth. Worcestershire's preparation has been far from ideal for this game. They threw away the game against Leicestershire in truth which heaps more pressure on them to win this one whilst their ground has been flooded again so in the dressing room, things aren't going particularly well. Gloucestershire on the other hand will be on a massive high after clinching a spot in the quarter finals of the T20 when it looked as though they weren't going to make it but a results on the final day meant they snuck in. They will know a win here puts them in a really good position in the group and will give them some breathing space from their opponents today. Although there's no Murali in the side, Gloucestershire have a really good batting lineup which will give them confidence in scoring plenty of runs which I see being the difference here. The home side have plenty of good batsman in their side and bat pretty deep, but Worcestershire still rely too heavily on their top 3 for runs IMO. If neither of those 3 fire, they simply won't have enough runs. We saw the other day the pressure on the likes of Hughes to bat through without taking too many risks given the lack of batting below him and they can't rely on the Australian to score runs in every match. Their bowling attack isn't frightening either as Leicestershire found out the other day so Gloucestershire just look the more balanced side and I think they will win today. Under 8.5 6's- 5/6 Sportingbet- (6/10) I literally have no idea where this line has come from. The only threat to this line that I can see is if Gareth Andrew or one of the Gloucestershire top 3 start taking steroids tbh as this line is way too high. There's been a fair few runs score on this ground so far this year, and at no point has this line been covered so I see no reason not to take the unders here. There's only been a couple of matches that have even gone close to producing 9 6's and when these 2 sides met the other week in the T20, there were 5 6's in total in a fairly high scoring match actually. It's only really the home side who are going to really trouble this line today as well as the main big hitters of Worcestershire are down the order and given the lack of batting quality they have, the top 3 of Ali, Solanki and Hughes will try and bat for the majority and none of those guys are excessive big hitters, especially when the pressure is on them to score most of the runs. We have to remember that although there should be a completed match today, the rain will have taken its toll so the pitch should aid the bowlers a bit so there shouldn't be that many runs I don't imagine. Regardless, there hasn't been a game played on this ground this season that has covered this line and I don't think it will be today either.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 3 for me in the TV game. Should be an absolute cracker. The first game certainly was. 4pts Hampshire Highest 1st 15 Overs 21/20 Bodog Hampshire won the 15 overs match by 30 runs in the reverse fixture and I expect them to win this one too. I say that because Dimi Mascarenhas will bowl his eight overs through from the start and he is always tough to get away and he was on that night too. On that night Hampshire had Michael Carberry in blistering form but although he's missing tonight it might not hurt Hampshire because Vince is a stroke player and also he gives Hampshire a left/right hand combo at the top of the order which will mess with the Nottinghamshire bowlers' lines. Only once Samit Patel came on at the Rose Bowl did Nottinghamshire get any control that night and I suspect it could be the same this evening. Hampshire generally concede the most runs in the second half of their bowling innings so even though Nottinghamshire have this powerful batting line up I still fancy Mascarenhas to keep them down to a 15 over total which the Hampshire batsmen can chase down. 4pts Hampshire Most 6's 11/8 Stan James Slight hunch with this one because the wicket is slightly to the new stand side of the square in this match which makes that stand little more than a chip shot to mid wicket for a left hander from the pavilion end. It isn't as easy to attack on the leg side for a right hander from the Radcliffe Road end so having left handers in your side will be beneficial. Nottinghamshire only have Michael Lumb who bats left handed whereas Hampshire have Adams, Katich and Ervine. Ervine is a natural big hitter but Katich left nothing behind on Sunday. In Mascarenhas Hampshire also have the biggest hitter on display in this match. In the reverse fixture it wasn't until Ervine sent down a load of pies and James Taylor feasted on them that Nottinghamshire hit a 6. He hit 7 6's that night but he won't play an innings like that again in a hurry. Hampshire have a couple of big hitters and a couple of left handers to attack that short boundary and at 11/8 they look a good bet to hit the most 6's here. 1pt ew S.Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) A little bit of what I said above comes into play here with Ervine with him able to attack that short boundary and score quickly but also because Nottinghamshire don't have an off spinner. Any spin they will provide will be left arm spin which spins into Ervine and he can bring the slog sweep out whereas the right handers will be hitting against the spin which isn't easy as they found out in the reverse game. Ervine is a quality batsman who has delivered in the big games for Hampshire ever since he came to the club and I expect him to deliver another big score this evening especially with the ground dimensions suiting both him and his game.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Gloucestershire are going well and taking just the 1 in the TV game later on which should be a cracker. Nottinghamshire Most 6's- 5/4 Coral- (4/10) This match has the potential to be an absolute cracker and I can't actually pick a winner but I think Notts will win the 6's battle. Their batting order is the strongest in the country and in their top 5/6, any of those guys can and mostly have played international cricket which shows the strength they have and all of these guys can hit a long ball. Even the likes of Read and Mullaney down the order can clear the ropes with ease and when you have the likes of Hales, Lumb, Wessels, Voges, Taylor and Patel above them, that makes for a fierce-some and extremely aggressive top order oozing with quality. Hampshire also have a good batting lineup but not to the same aggressive degree that Notts do. Without Michael Carberry who is injured, it's only really Sean Ervine and Dimi Mascarenhas who you'd say are natural big hitters of a ball but they are down the order and may not get much time at the crease at all. Notts though have plenty of guys who can hit a long ball, all throughout their team and I think they are a good bet to score the most maximums tonight.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Notts couldn't manage one more 6 in their innings to win that bet but the 2 in the previous match sailed through comfortably. Today's action brings me to +25.63 overall. Actually heading down to Chelmsford tomorrow to watch the game that's on TV so hoping the forecast stays okay for it as there's plenty of quality players on show.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 18 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Middlesex (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.08 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.46 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV preview: 4pts Essex to beat Middlesex Evs Stan James

Middlesex will be without at least two key players while Denly could miss out too which would be a third. Eoin Morgan will have a point to prove after his train journey misdemeanours of Monday night but for me the better batting side and probably better all round bowling attack is with Essex. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-middlesex-betting-essex-look-to-have-enough-strength-in-depth-to-see-off-middlesex

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 True middlesex will be missing Stirling and Murtagh tonight, but they still have a fair chance of beating Essex in what is a must win game for the Panthers. Essex also have some key members of their side missing for tonight's game. Cook and Bopara are with England, Shah is injured, and Foster is also not playing tonight. They have decided to play Franklin instead of Harbhajan in order to strengthen what looks a fairly weak batting lineup. Not a fan of Franklin at all as he scored too slow, and even when he does score runs he inevitably gives them back with ball in hand. A batting lineup of pettini, franklin, Westley, mickelburgh, rtd, smith, wheater, and napier just doesnt instill confidence. Middlesex have morgan playing, along with regulars berg, malan, rogers, dexter, and maybe denly. At evens they look a solid play for my money. Middlesex to beat Essex 5points @evens with Various

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Heading down to Chelmsford in a bit so if anyone wants to know what the weather is like I'll try and put an update up later on nearer 4ish. The forecast generally looks okay though albeit with a few showers about but we should get a full match in by my reckoning. In a bit of a rush so will post these bets quickly. Taking 4 in total in this one... Essex (Most 6's) vs Middlesex- 5/4 Stan James- (4/10) Both sides have a few notable names missing tonight and in that some big hitters missing but I still think Essex look a good price here. Even without the likes of Shah, Bopara and Foster, the home side still have Pettini, ten Doeschate, Napier, Wheater, Phillips and also James Franklin who has been shifted in tonight due to the batting absentees so in those players, you're almost fairly likely to see a fair few sixes and even if a couple of those guys get in, with the size of these boundaries, they could really clear the rope regularly. Middlesex also have some big hitters in their side, none more so than Eoin Morgan whilst they also have Dawid Malan as well but they don't really have as many players likely to clear the rope in their side tonight. If Paul Stirling was playing I'd probably be a little more hesitant to take this bet, but the fact he isn't and news that Joe Denly may not play as well makes me think Essex will hit more 6's tonight. Their bowling is generally a little tighter as well with Napier and Masters never easy to get away and with all things considered, I'm happy to back them tonight. Essex Highest 1st 8 Overs- 5/6 Coral- (4/10) A lot of what I just said applies here really. In Pettini and Franklin, Essex have a couple of players who will look to attack from the outset and go after the Middlesex bowlers in the powerplay whilst I wouldn't be too surprised if Napier makes an appearance early on either given the players Essex have missing with the bat so if that happens, you can usually expect some fireworks. Joe Denly may not play for the visitors tonight and will have a late fitness test so if he doesn't play, that's a big blow for Middlesex. What I really like about taking Essex in this market is that Middlesex's best batsman Eoin Morgan is unlikely to be in during the first 8 overs which helps Essex out as when the Irishman comes in, he could well hit the ball to all parts but Malan and Denly are less likely to do so. Masters who opens up for Essex with the ball is usually tough to get away for too many, especially if the conditions are overcast and I fully expect the home side to be on top after the first 8 of both innings. Eoin Morgan Top Middlesex Batsman- 4/1 Coral- (2/10) A little surprised to see such high odds on the England man here. He'll be desperate to impress given the train incident against Lancashire the other day so he'll feel he really owes his side tonight and will be looking to impress. There's no Paul Stirling tonight, and maybe no Joe Denly as well if he fails a fitness test which might mean Morgan comes in at 3, but definitely 4 and in that he should get plenty of time to fill his boots. The dimensions of this ground should really suit Morgan, as his reverse sweeps and Dilshan scoops should work a treat given the length of the straight and square boundaries and with the pressure on him to impress tonight in front of the TV cameras, I think he'll show us just how good he is. Ryan ten Doeschate Top Essex Batsman- 6/1 Coral- (1/10 E/W) 1/5 1,2,3 Like the look of the Dutchman here in this Essex side tonight. Without Bopara, Shah and Foster, it leaves a huge gap open in their batting lineup and they will need some of their experienced faces to have good games tonight. Ten Doeschate is a real class act and despite not having his best season so far this year, he still is a real class act and he's shown in the past just what he's capable of in front of the Sky cameras. He may well bat a little higher than he has done generally this year and that may well suit him. He can hit a long ball whilst he can score quickly as well and with the experience he's carrying on his shoulder tonight in the middle order, I'll back him to come good and with the each way place I'm happy to go with him.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 3 for me today. This one....

TV preview: 4pts Essex to beat Middlesex Evs Stan James

Middlesex will be without at least two key players while Denly could miss out too which would be a third. Eoin Morgan will have a point to prove after his train journey misdemeanours of Monday night but for me the better batting side and probably better all round bowling attack is with Essex. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-middlesex-betting-essex-look-to-have-enough-strength-in-depth-to-see-off-middlesex

and.... 4pts Essex Most 6's 5/4 Stan James Essex have a few big hitters in their ranks even though James Foster isn't playing. Mark Pettini, James Franklin and Tom Westley can put bad balls away while Graham Napier and Ryan ten Doeschate are genuine big hitters. Middlesex only really have one genuinely natural big hitter in their side in Morgan as Paul Stirling isn't playing in this match. Although Middlesex have Roland-Jones who doesn't go for many they always have a couple of medium pacers in the form of Berg and Dexter who can get splattered out of the park. Masters aside, Essex's attack is full of pace and Masters doesn't go for many anyway. Essex have the bigger hitters, more of them and the harder bowling attack to hit so I'll take them to hit the most 6's this evening. 0.5pts ew O.Rayner Top Middlesex Batsman 25/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) Ollie Rayner is a big hitter and although he bats down the order I'm not convinced by the middle order of this Middlesex side with Paul Stirling not there and doubts over whether Joe Denly will play. Rayner may not bat any higher than 7 or 8 in this match but we saw against this opposition in the T20 at Lords earlier in the summer that he can get this attack away. Chelmsford is a ground where you can score runs quickly wherever you bat so if the Middlesex top order do fail then Rayner could well come in and take advantage at a tasty enough price.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Yorkshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Middlesex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Lancashire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Scotland (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Durham (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.02 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Unicorns (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Two for me today. Been a poor restart to this tournament for me, not helped by rain sweeping in when it wasn't meant to but now the sun is out and meant to stay out for a good while hopefully some dosh can be made. 4pts Middlesex to beat Gloucestershire 8/11 Stan James Middlesex and Gloucestershire both know the importance of this match as whoever wins will put themselves in an excellent position to qualify from this group while whoever loses will be struggling bigtime. Middlesex will have the added bonus of having Steven Finn available in this match while Paul Stirling also returns from Ireland duty and he should go very well on what is a pretty small club ground at Cheltenham. Middlesex have been a bit unlucky in this tournament that the weather haven't helped them much but when they've been on the field they've looked a decent side. They miss Joe Denly in this game but Dawid Malan, Chris Rogers, Paul Stirling and Eoin Morgan make up a pretty formidable top four with the likes of Dexter, Berg and Rayner good back up down the order. Gloucestershire move onto their third overseas player in this tournament in this match. Kane Williamson and Ed Cowan have been and gone so it is Rob Nicol who has the baton now. He'll probably go well in time but he'll need a game or two to settle into the conditions I would imagine. This Gloucestershire bowling attack continues to outperform itself but this is a class batting line up they are bowling at here. With Finn, Roland-Jones and Rayner in this Middlesex side they look to have the better batting line up and bowling attack and I expect a Panthers win here. 4pts Somerset to beat Durham 4/5 Skybet Somerset have had all sorts of problems this season which is why they are struggling down the foot of the Group B table however they are getting over their injury problems now and I would expect them to finish the competition well. Marcus Trescothick returns to first team action today and he'll want to go well to prove his fitness for Tuesday night. Craig Kieswetter comes into the match off the back of a fine match winning century in the Championship on Saturday while the likes of Compton, Hildreth and Buttler all play. With the ball Steve Kirby returns today and Alfonso Thomas is bowling well while the likes of Max Waller has had good figures at various times this season. Durham will be without Graham Onions which won't help their cause of stemming the run flow of the Somerset batsmen and their batting line up just continues to flatter to deceive. You would say Somerset have the least chance of qualifying but with momentum being a big thing in county cricket I'm sure they'll want to get that to take into the last two months of the season where they are challenging hard in two competitions and they can continue to build their momentum with a win this afternoon.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Going to be riding the Middlesex bandwagon again today. Not much really to add to the above writeup, but they are again in a very important must-win game. Malan and Rogers showed good form last time up, and the team bowled well against a decent Essex side. Finn and Morgan both play today which only makes them stronger. Gloucs are a good side who make the most of pretty limited resources, and on paper what looks like an average side. Fancy Middlesex to win well here due to the extra class in their batting lineup in particular. 5pts Middlesex to beat Gloucs 8/11 with Stan James Yorkshire are another side I like the look of today. Looking at the table, they still have a fair chance of progressing in this tournament as they have played less games than most. They have a very decent balance to their side with a good mix of batting and bowling. Up the order, Gale returns for them and he is accompanied by Jaques, Lyth, Root, Bairstow, and Ballance in what looks a very strong list of batsmen. Rashid and Starc are notable bowlers in the lineup, and even Pyrah has proved pretty handy lately. Derbyshire have overperformed so far this season in my opinion and I will be looking to fade them in the upcoming weeks. 5pts Yorkshire to beat Derbyshire 8/13 with PaddyPower

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 27 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Netherlands v Gloucestershire (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.71 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]