** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 Clydesdale Bank 40

kevshat

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV matches for the next two nights. [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 31 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Nottinghamshire (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 1 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kent v Warwickshire (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Hoping to get stuck into the first one as it is my team involved and even more so as I'm going to the game. 3 to begin with and there will be a top bat which I'll post up once I've been able to get on it. I can't get on it at the minute as the Coral website is getting upgraded :(. 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Hampshire 5/4 Stan James Taking a little bit of a risk here given that Hampshire have won their first three matches in the tournament but you do have to question who they have beaten so far and the answer is not much in truth. They have beaten a weak Glamorgan side, a poor Scotland and a Somerset team who's bowling line up is incredibly weak even by their standards. For me there's no doubt this will be their toughest game by a long way even though Nottinghamshire lost a rain affected match against Scotland. As a Hampshire fan a look at the Nottinghamshire batting line up frightens me it really does. Hales, Lumb, Wessels, Patel, Taylor, Voges, Read and maybe even Mullaney at 8. That's a serious batting line up which can do damage to any bowling attack on any wicket. Lumb will be eager to score runs back on his old patch having been released in the winter while Adam Voges has worn the yellow of Hampshire too. Hampshire's batting line up doesn't look as good on paper but it's performed quite well. If anything the top order has performed too well as the likes of Ervine, Dawson and Bates in the middle order haven't had a dig yet. Bowling wise both sides rotate their bowlers from the Championship line up's but Nottinghamshire could have Darren Pattinson and Luke Fletcher fit and if they are fit they will probably play given that they need game time. If they don't then Andy Carter took four for in the Championship last week so he's a decent enough replacement while Franks and Phillips get the job done. Nottinghamshire's batting line up is frightening and with that strength up top they can't be odds against whoever they are playing and certainly not against a Hampshire side who've beaten nothing and can't always be relied upon for runs. Notts for me in a match which could be high scoring but which will suit them fine. 4pts Over 4.5 6's 5/6 Stan James This line looks low because with an ODI coming up in a couple of weeks I would imagine we'll be on the side of the square in this match well away from the international wicket which is in the middle of the square. Even if we are in the middle of the square there are a lot of big hitters on show in this match and as I've already said both sides look to rotate their bowling attacks so there will be bowlers who you can get after in this match. I would expect there to be a short boundary on one side in this match and that should be enough to yield five 6's. We know the wicket will be good for batting on as the square has really bedded down at the Ageas Bowl as it is now known and with aggressive batsmen in both batting line up's I'll take there to be at least 5 6's in what I expect to be a high scoring match here. 2pts D.Mascarenhas Most Economical Bowler 3/1 Stan James Only Samit Patel, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Harry Gurney, Steven Mullaney, David Griffiths and Chris Wood count in this market. I like Dimi here I must admit. He bowled well in the IPL and has come back and picked up where he left off for Hampshire in the one match that he played. He played against a decent Somerset batting line up at Taunton and took 2/17 from his 8 overs which at Taunton is like golddust. I've already mentioned how these sides can go around the park a bit but I'm yet to see a batsman in this country who has worked out how to attack the Hampshire T20 captain. Samit Patel would rate as the main danger because the pace on the ball of the others will be a joy for both batting line ups but I think Hampshire will play Patel well enough to let Dimi bring this one home. Mascarenhas has a List A economy rate of a pretty incredible 4.27 runs per over and I think the Notts lads could well just end up seeing him out with the new ball and making hay at the other end against the likes of Griffiths and Wood. Somewhere around 40 runs from 8 overs would probably be enough to win this and I think Mascarenhas will go for a lot less than that unless Lumb, who will have faced him in the nets, manages to get stuck into him.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 And the top bat I was mentioning. 1pt ew S.Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Hampshire's batting line up can never be relied upon at the best of times and one of their best limited overs batsmen over the last few years has been Sean Ervine and he comes into this match in excellent form having hit a ton in the Championship match with Glamorgan last week. Hampshire's top three got the job done against Somerset on Sunday but I don't think their top order will have such an easy time of it in this match. Ervine is a good one day batsman. He can tick the strike over while he gets in and then he can destroy attacks in the last few overs, especially if he is batting in the powerplay, which batting at 4-5 in this match he could easily be doing. This is still an inconsistent Hampshire batting line up even though the likes of Carberry, Katich and Adams are in it but one man who has been relatively consistent this season is the Zimbabwean Sean Ervine and at 11/2 I think he's a decent each way punt this evening with the Nottinghamshire attack more than good enough to get him in with the top score target still within his grasp.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40

Hoping to get stuck into the first one as it is my team involved and even more so as I'm going to the game. 3 to begin with and there will be a top bat which I'll post up once I've been able to get on it. I can't get on it at the minute as the Coral website is getting upgraded :(. 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Hampshire 5/4 Stan James Taking a little bit of a risk here given that Hampshire have won their first three matches in the tournament but you do have to question who they have beaten so far and the answer is not much in truth. They have beaten a weak Glamorgan side, a poor Scotland and a Somerset team who's bowling line up is incredibly weak even by their standards. For me there's no doubt this will be their toughest game by a long way even though Nottinghamshire lost a rain affected match against Scotland. As a Hampshire fan a look at the Nottinghamshire batting line up frightens me it really does. Hales, Lumb, Wessels, Patel, Taylor, Voges, Read and maybe even Mullaney at 8. That's a serious batting line up which can do damage to any bowling attack on any wicket. Lumb will be eager to score runs back on his old patch having been released in the winter while Adam Voges has worn the yellow of Hampshire too. Hampshire's batting line up doesn't look as good on paper but it's performed quite well. If anything the top order has performed too well as the likes of Ervine, Dawson and Bates in the middle order haven't had a dig yet. Bowling wise both sides rotate their bowlers from the Championship line up's but Nottinghamshire could have Darren Pattinson and Luke Fletcher fit and if they are fit they will probably play given that they need game time. If they don't then Andy Carter took four for in the Championship last week so he's a decent enough replacement while Franks and Phillips get the job done. Nottinghamshire's batting line up is frightening and with that strength up top they can't be odds against whoever they are playing and certainly not against a Hampshire side who've beaten nothing and can't always be relied upon for runs. Notts for me in a match which could be high scoring but which will suit them fine. 4pts Over 4.5 6's 5/6 Stan James This line looks low because with an ODI coming up in a couple of weeks I would imagine we'll be on the side of the square in this match well away from the international wicket which is in the middle of the square. Even if we are in the middle of the square there are a lot of big hitters on show in this match and as I've already said both sides look to rotate their bowling attacks so there will be bowlers who you can get after in this match. I would expect there to be a short boundary on one side in this match and that should be enough to yield five 6's. We know the wicket will be good for batting on as the square has really bedded down at the Ageas Bowl as it is now known and with aggressive batsmen in both batting line up's I'll take there to be at least 5 6's in what I expect to be a high scoring match here. 2pts D.Mascarenhas Most Economical Bowler 3/1 Stan James Only Samit Patel, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Harry Gurney, Steven Mullaney, David Griffiths and Chris Wood count in this market. I like Dimi here I must admit. He bowled well in the IPL and has come back and picked up where he left off for Hampshire in the one match that he played. He played against a decent Somerset batting line up at Taunton and took 2/17 from his 8 overs which at Taunton is like golddust. I've already mentioned how these sides can go around the park a bit but I'm yet to see a batsman in this country who has worked out how to attack the Hampshire T20 captain. Samit Patel would rate as the main danger because the pace on the ball of the others will be a joy for both batting line ups but I think Hampshire will play Patel well enough to let Dimi bring this one home. Mascarenhas has a List A economy rate of a pretty incredible 4.27 runs per over and I think the Notts lads could well just end up seeing him out with the new ball and making hay at the other end against the likes of Griffiths and Wood. Somewhere around 40 runs from 8 overs would probably be enough to win this and I think Mascarenhas will go for a lot less than that unless Lumb, who will have faced him in the nets, manages to get stuck into him.
That was unbelievable! Do you have a time machine or something mate :p Thats a profit of 20+ points!

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Cheers guys. Hope you both filled your boots :ok. Was a good night at the Rose Bowl last night and good to meet Perry for the first time. Must thank you again for bringing a load of 6's with you :lol. +20.94 for last night so up to +16.88 for the tournament overall and hopefully we can continue the good run tonight. I'll go in with 3 in the Kent vs Warwickshire match. Think Warwickshire will win but the price is a little tight and given I'm on Warks outright I've no real need to go in again there. 4pts Under 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill This line looks a bit on the high side to me because Canterbury isn't the smallest ground in the world and now that the tree has disappeared we haven't got to worry about the ball hitting that and crippling us. The wicket has played quite slowly this year by all accounts and the fact that they couldn't hit a single six against a moderate at best Unicorns bowling attack last time out here says a lot. In fact, having played two matches in the tournament so far Kent are still looking for their first six in the tournament and against this good Warwickshire bowling attack they might struggle to hit too many in this match even with Azhar Mahmood back in the squad this evening. Warwickshire have played three matches in the tournament so far and have only hit four sixes themselves and Ian Bell hit one of them and he's not available tonight. Although there are some clean hitters of a cricket ball in this match in the form of Stevens, Mahmood, Clarke, Carter and Woakes neither team have hit many sixes and with it being quite muggy this could be one of those one day occasions where the ball dominates the bat a bit more, especially if the wicket is still tacky here. With that in mind I'll take the unders in the sixes line as I think this will be a lot lower scoring than last nights match. 4pts Under 11.5 wides 5/6 William Hill This is another line which looks a bit high to me. In three matches in the tournament so far Warwickshire have only conceded 10 wides and haven't conceded more than four wides in any match. That makes sense because they are a decent bowling attack who tend to bowl on off stump and none of them are express pace who can spray it around a bit. Kent have played two matches and yielded a total of seven wides with four coming in the first and three in the second. They have a lot of medium pacers who are quite accurate and make it hard to score. So Warwickshire are averaging 3.33 wides per match in this tournament so far and Kent 3.5 a match which makes the 11.5 line look quite high. On a slow and tacky wicket I think the bowlers will be able to settle in nicely and I would expect to see a lot fewer than 11.5 wides in this CB40 match this evening. 1pt ew R.Clarke Top Warwickshire Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Rikki Clarke is only playing as a batsman this evening and I wonder if because of that he might bat a little higher up in the order. Even if he doesn't he will bat at 6 and we saw with Dimi Mascarenhas last night you can still get runs there even though he batted at 7 for Hampshire last night. There are a couple of players above Clarke in the line up who aren't in the best form but we can't say that about Clarke as he's in excellent form. He already has over 400 runs in the Championship this season and hit a good 40 on a tough Surrey wicket to see Warwickshire home last week in the Championship and he hit a ton against Lancashire in the match before that. He already has a half century in this competition in the only time he has got to the wicket. I don't mind him batting six here because in the form of Davies, Coles and Mahmood, Kent have the bowlers to get him in and regardless of what he's chasing he'll be the quickest scorer in this Bears line up by some considerable distance so he'll chase it down quickly. I'm not convinced he'll be chasing too many on this wicket, certainly not to place but even to top score and so with that in mind I think Clarke is an excellent each way bet at 7/1.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Rain spoiled what looked like would have been two winners but thankfully it came in time to save Clarke as the top scorer so the two main bets were void but Clarke top scored for a +8.4pt day to build on Thursday night's full house. That puts me up to +25.28 for the tournament now and with TV matches for the next four days hopefully the weather will do one so that we can build on that.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 2 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Surrey (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 3 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Netherlands (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Hampshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Unicorns v Sussex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yorkshire v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Today's game is being shown on the Welsh channel S4C, or at least the second half of it is so I'll take a couple. 4pts Over 4.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Normally I would say this line looks a little on the high side at Cardiff but with the personnel on show in this match and the way the recent Championship match went and the road it was played on I think there is plenty of mileage in this match being covered. A number of the Glamorgan batsmen should be confident coming into this match having got scores against Leicestershire in the Championship match and they will be boosted by Martin van Jaarsveld making his debut for the club. Surrey's top 4 or 5 have all got runs in this tournament so they will be confident and they can all hit big 6's. The straight boundaries here aren't very big at all and can be cleared without too much fuss but in the likes of Hamilton-Brown and Davies there's batsmen who can find the squarer boundaries. The batting line up's are better than the bowling attacks on show in this match and so I think there could well be at least 5 6's if not an awful lot more in this one. 1pt M.Wallace Top Welsh Dragons Batsman 8/1 Boylesports Mark Wallace scored a ton in the Championship in the week and should come into this match full of confidence. That ton has been coming because he has had a lot of starts this season as the responsibility of the captaincy has focused his mind when he's been batting. In the only match Glamorgan has played in this tournament he batted at number four and while I'm not sure he'll bat that high with van Jaarsveld and North at the club now he will still be in the top 6. Glamorgan have a few decent batsmen in their line up now but I do think the Surrey bowlers can go well with the new ball leaving the path clear for Wallace to come in and top score with a captain's knock.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Nothing for me in the tv game. Annoying that more markets aren't available tbh but will hold off until the Durham-Notts match on Sunday. Super calls this week Kev btw, sorry I didn't congratulate you after the Hampshire match. Excellent calls and a couple of top bats in a few days. Superb :clap:clap

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Cheers mate. Hampshire matches tend to be good to me especially at the Rose (Ageas) Bowl. Long may that continue! I've seen enough cricket there down the years to get a real feel for things. Got a little bit lucky in the Glamorgan/Surrey match with the rain deciding to pelt down with the last pair at the crease and getting the sixes bet voided. Not going to feel too sorry for the bookies though because I was denied two good looking bets with the rain on Friday. Wallace got nowhere so -1 for the match and back to +24.28pts overall going into Sunday. There's a fair bit of rain doing the rounds on Sunday which is annoying as I'm hoping to go to The Oval if the weather picks up a bit. Just in case it does I'll post my bets now. Will leave the London games alone given the forecast although if it does improve I will back Hampshire when I'm down there. 3 in the TV game which is Durham vs Notts. 5pts Nottinghamshire to beat Durham 4/5 Ladbrokes I saw Nottinghamshire at first hand on Thursday night and I was impressed with what I saw. As I said when I backed them the other night their top 7 is scary and when Mullaney and Franks are on the scorecard at 8 and 9 you know you are going to have to bowl well to beat this lot. For 30 overs Hampshire did just that but then when carnage time arrived it really did arrive and James Taylor played one of the best one day innings I've ever sat and watched live. What impressed me the most though was how the Outlaws didn't panic when Hampshire got off to a flyer at the start of their innings. They pulled it back in the middle and eventually won by a more comfortable margin than the final scoreline as a couple of lusty blows from Mascarenhas got Hampshire closer than they looked like getting 6 overs from the end. Durham are the weirdest team in the country to work out. If you look down their bowling attack they have a very good one yet it consistently gets carted for runs. Last week Scotland walloped it for over 250 on this ground and if Scotland are doing it the good lord only knows what this frightening Notts batting line up can do to it. Durham scored runs in that match but they haven't scored many elsewhere this season and with Ian Blackwell missing from the squad here they have a quick scorer missing which could be crucial if Nottinghamshire put up a big score. I can't believe this Notts line up is going to lose too many with this top 7 and even if it is a high scoring match I'll still back them to chase anything. Onions aside this Durham attack hasn't performed yet and so I think Nottinghamshire will have too much for the Dynamos with bat and ball. 4pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Although this is a big ground in terms of the size of the outfield the boundary always comes in a good distance for the one day games. Scotland hit five sixes here last week and that goes to show the potential for the sixes to be hit here. James Taylor hit 7 on his own at the Rose Bowl on Thursday night and what was strange about that was he hit all seven to the longer boundary of the two square boundaries. Michael Lumb didn't get going on Thursday and neither did Riki Wessels but they can both hit 6's when they get going. Samit Patel, Adam Voges and Chris Read can too so there is enough from the Notts side. Phil Mustard, Paul Collingwood and Dale Benkenstein are all natural big hitters for Durham while the likes of Liam Plunkett can plonk a ball over the ropes down the order. There isn't a lot in either bowling attack to trouble the batsmen in this match so I foresee a high scoring match which will contain at least half a dozen sixes just like the previous two matches to be played on this ground already this season in this competition. 1pt ew G.Muchall Top Durham Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Gordon Muchall has already top scored in Durham's first two matches in the CB40 this season and he placed last week despite getting in late after an excellent opening partnership so this competition is being good to him at the minute. He will bat at number four by the looks of it in this match and that's a decent position for him to top score from again. This Durham batting line up isn't in much nick at all and apart from Ben Stokes in the last couple of four day matches who will play here none of them have much of a score behind them in four day cricket. They have faired a little bit better in this tournament but not to the extent where you can rely on everyone in it. I think Notts will get Muchall in early enough for him to play himself in and then start cutting loose while the strokeplayers play around him. Given that he's top scored twice in three knocks in this tournament I think Muchall is an excellent each way punt to make it three top scores from four in this match.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Not really got going in the tournament yet so hoping to put that right in the couple of TV matches this week before the T20 gets started. Currently sitting on +4.90 though and taking 3 in the Notts-Durham match to try and make that figure a bit healthier. Nottinghamshire to beat Durham- 4/5 William Hill- (4/10) I honestly can't work out why Notts are only slight favourites given the way Durham are playing just at the minute. Bottom of the Championship table with yet another defeat to Lancashire yesterday in the dying moments will not have done their dressing room any good yesterday and it'll be interesting to see just how they can pick themselves up for this one. They've gone better in the CB40 however and a win here could take them to second in the table but I don't expect them to pick up the 2 points today. They are up against a Notts side who's batting line-up is filled with quality throughout and it actually wouldn't be a horrendous one day international batting order it's that good. James Taylor who is still absent from the England set up (God knows how) played as good an innings as you will ever see in the shorter format against Hampshire and that showed that even if a couple of the top order don't get many, there are always another 3 or 4 who can take games away from a team amongst their ranks. Durham on paper have a super bowling attack, yet as Kev mentioned, they leak runs just like they did against Scotland who put together a big score which aren't good signs for Durham. Graham Onions is the only one who has really performed for them thus far, and he was forced to bowl a ton of overs yesterday against Lancashire so he may not be fully fresh for this one. Notts' batting is just so good for me to not take them in this one. They could well score runs for fun given what Scotland did to this Durham attack last week and although their bowlers aren't as good as Durham's on paper, the batting quality makes a huge difference so I'll back Notts to further Durham's misery here. Notts (Most 6's) vs Durham- 4/1 StanJames- (3/10) Well StanJames have literally just as I'm writing this fixed the price but the 4/1 was available over night right up until now so I'm hoping they won't void this if it does indeed come through. I probably would have backed Nottinghamshire in this market anyway as you can get the price above evens so it's worth writing this bet up. As been mentioned, the top 7 of Notts is as good as any county side, and arguably some international sides with some already capped England players in it and also some stars of the future as well. I really like them in this market for a couple of reasons. The first being the seeming ease that Scotland had in scoring 250 against this Durham, which included 5 6's on this very ground, so if Durham don't vastly tighten up, it's a little frightening to think what Notts are going to score here. The second main reason is the amount of players Notts have who can clear the ropes as the likes of Hales, Lumb, and Wessels at the top of the order are natural attackers, whilst they also have Samit Patel, Chris Read and James Taylor, who hit 7 on his own against Hampshire. You can even add Voges, Franks and Mullaney to that list of players who can hit a long ball so in this side, you have potentially 9 players who can all contribute to the maximum count for Notts. Durham are without Ian Blackwell who is one of the biggest hitters in county cricket which helps this bet, so that really only leaves Mustard, Collingwood and maybe Benkenstein on the list for Durham who could potentially trouble this bet. Granted Durham's bowlers are the more experienced, but as we've already seen this season, one of the lesser sides in Scotland had no problem whatsoever in hammering them about so given the price I got, and the price that is above evens on Notts here, I think they are good value to win this little battle. Over 11.5 Wides- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Think this line looks a little low to me given the crap Durham have bowled already this season. Already in their matches, their wides total has been 8,8 and 11 which shows why this line is on the low side given the trends of this season. It's not too much of a surprise either, given Plunkett and Harmison can spray the ball around to all parts and with the spinners, there is always a chance of a four wides somewhere in the match. Notts are resting Andre Adams and Fletcher is still injured so in that, both of their experienced and on the money bowlers are missing which leaves the more inexperienced likes to cope with the ball so there's always going to be a chance of a few of them throwing some down the leg side. The bet is more about Durham and their bowling performances this season and given the amount of wides they have bowled thus far, I'm happy to back the overs.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Annoying day in the CB40 today. Almost escaped with a miniature loss but Benkenstein tucked into the buffet a bit too much to deny Muchall a place. -3.66pts for the afternoon and so back to +20.62 for the tournament overall. Good shout with the wides Fishy :ok

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 4 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Warwickshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Gloucestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Scotland (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Netherlands (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.71 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.36 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Somerset (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Yeah Notts' p*ss poor bowling did us over a bit there to be honest. Was really bad in parts and then the top 4 barely making anything was really disappointing. Today sets me back a touch so now on +0.40 for the tournament.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 3 for me today. Not getting too fancy with showers doing the rounds. 2 in the TV match and one other one. 4pts Gloucestershire to beat Essex 11/8 Boylesports Gloucestershire come into this match off the back of two big wins in the competition and could have been three from three but for a narrow last ball defeat to the Dutch in their opening match. Essex are winless in the tournament and have just been shot out for 112 against the same Dutch side so I'm not sure how Essex are so short and Gloucestershire so big other than reputation. Essex do have Ryan ten Doeschate back this afternoon and they will hope he can make a big difference. Last year when he came back it took him a long time to acclimatise to conditions again. This year is slightly different because he never played much in the IPL but no rustiness has to be a concern. Owais Shah hasn't really found his straps yet since he returned. Gloucestershire are on a good run at the minute. They've won their last two in this competition, thrashed the leaders Derbyshire in the Championship last week and had renovations for their ground agreed last week so everything is a bit more ticketyboo for the Gladiators for whom Kane Williamson does play this afternoon. Their batsmen are all in good touch and in the runs while their bowlers are more settled in this sort of environment. David Payne's return is a crucial one and I think there's more than enough going for the Gladiators this afternoon to take them at a decent price. 1pt A.Gidman Top Gloucestershire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Alex Gidman opened in the first game of the tournament and since then that task has been given to Chris Dent but Dent isn't in the squad this afternoon so I wonder if Gidman will go up to open the batting in Dent's absence. In the three matches Gloucestershire have played in the competition this season Gidman has two places in the opening two matches. He really is leading from the front as captain. He comes into this match off the back of an excellent matchwinning ton against Derbyshire in the Championship last week so his confidence should be sky high. He can top score from further down the innings but if he opens this afternoon and gets first crack on the rest of the field then this 11/2 could look very big very quickly even with the likes of Kane Williamson and Hamish Marshall in the side. I'll take the Gloucestershire captain to top score as a decent each way bet. 4pts Netherlands to beat Leicestershire 5/4 Blue Square The Dutch run shows no signs of ending and a win this afternoon gives them an excellent chance of winning the group and making it into the semi finals. Nobody would have seen that. They have won four of their six matches so far in the competition and have been scoring really well with the bat which is crucial. Their bowling attack has been bowling well and restricting sides to next to nothing at times and their tight wins over Gloucestershire and Lancashire shows they no longer cave in under pressure. Leicestershire are ok with the bat but they play a lot of youngsters with the ball and they have been getting carted this summer so far. Both Gloucestershire and Lancashire have hit them for 250 and more in the competition and it is hard work chasing big scores even with good batting line up's as Nottinghamshire found out yesterday. The Dutch have some decent players in the form of Myburgh, Swart, Cooper, Borgas, Borren, Bukhari and Seelaar and if they can deal with Josh Cobb and Ramnaresh Sarwan when Leicestershire bat they will have every chance of winning this one. I sense the Foxes will have one eye on the start of their T20 defence next week so even at 5/4, which is a lot shorter than we'd have expected the Dutch to be prior to this excellent run they've been on, I think the Orange army are a good bet here.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 5 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lancashire v Worcestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Scotland (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Unicorns v Kent (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Nothing for me today. Looks like the TV game will be hampered by showers and there isn't a standout bet I like there anyway and the other two will also be rain affected. Lost 1pt yesterday to put me down to +19.62 for the competition which I'll take with me into the weekend.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 10 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Glamorgan v Durham (13:15 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.68[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Kent v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.59[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.46[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Middlesex v Lancashire (13:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.92[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sussex v Derbyshire (13:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.58[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Worcestershire v Gloucestershire (13:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Don't think I'll be taking anything on Sunday. Weather still looks patchy for most parts. Worcestershire would be the only team that appeal to me but I'm not 100% over team news or the weather there so think I'll leave that and wait for the T20 to start on Tuesday.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Forecast looks to have improved in places ahead of today so I'll chance my arm with a couple. 4pts Middlesex to beat Lancashire 10/11 Stan James Lancashire come into this match off the back of a tough schedule where they have played a lot of cricket. On Tuesday they were entertaining Worcestershire in this competition and then the next four days they were down at Nottinghamshire in a match which finished yesterday and quite late on yesterday too so they will have had to travel late down to London for today's game. Middlesex have had none of those issues. They played a four day game here which became a two day game here in the week which finished on Friday so they will be well rested going into this match. I don't think there's a lot between either sides here but the one difference apart from the heavy legs of Lancashire could be Eoin Morgan who can win international matches on his own let alone county ones. Chris Rogers, Dawid Malan and Joe Denly are also all in excellent form with the bat and I think this Middlesex side can outscore a tired Lancashire side. 5pts Worcestershire to beat Gloucestershire 5/6 Stan James Worcestershire come into this match off the back of a fine win over the runaway train that was the Netherlands on Friday and a win here will put them in a very healthy position to qualify. That position could have been even healthier had the rain not mugged them off at Old Trafford on Tuesday. However they have a decent enough batting line up and certainly the better bowling attack of these two. In fact I think my ex club side has a better bowling attack than this Gloucestershire side :lol. Solanki, Ali and Hughes are all in good form at the top of the innings and with Lucas, Shantry and Ali again with the ball I think Worcestershire will go well here. Gloucestershire will need to put up a hell of a lot of runs in this match because their bowling attack is absolute cannon fodder. They have the batting to do that in the likes of Gidman, Marshall and Williamson but for me I don't see them defending any total. Worcestershire should be confident coming into this match and that confidence should lead them to a win here.

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 Middlesex won easily yesterday but Worcestershire put in one of the more strange run chases so -1.36pts for the day and down to +18.26pts for the competition. Like the CC, CB40 takes a break for the T20 now so I'll unstick this thread and stick it again when the competition resumes.

• 5 weeks later...

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 11 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Netherlands v Leicestershire (11:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.88 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Sussex (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]96.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV game preview: 4pts Sussex Most 6's Evs William Hill

In Luke Wright and Matt Prior the Sharks have a couple of prolific six hitters at this level while in the likes of Joe Gatting, Matt Machan and Chris Nash they have other options. All the Warwickshire top order are more stroke players than biffers and I think that can ensure Sussex hit the most 6’s in this top of the table clash. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/warwickshire-vs-sussex-betting--sussex-have-the-bigger-hitters-to-ensure-they-hit-the-most-sixes

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 12 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Somerset (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 13 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Derbyshire (15:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.97 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2012 Clydesdale Bank 40 TV preview: 4pts Derbyshire to beat Northamptonshire 10/11 William Hill

I don’t see Northants risking anyone with niggles on a squelchy ground so I would expect Derbyshire to be the stronger side on paper and on the pitch. They have some good one day players in the likes of Chesney Hughes, Wes Durston and Tim Groenewald not to mention Wainwright with the ball too. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/northamptonshire-vs-derbyshire-betting--derbyshire-have-the-better-and-much-more-settled-side-to-lead-them-to-win