** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts - Week 13

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 3 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Hamilton, A (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Van Barneveld, R (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Lewis, A (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Taylor, P (21:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 13 Disappointing night of darts for me personally next week, which has left me on +4.99 for the tournament. However some of the outrights look well set so hopefully that should make the overall look a bit healthier come the end of the league stages. Onto the penultimate week then, and it's possible we will know the 4 semi finalists come the end of the night, although I fancy the match next week between Wade and Barney to be the deciding match for the 4th semi spot. I like the card a fair bit tonight, so taking a fair few. Simon Whitlock vs Andy Hamilton- Over 12.5 legs- 5/6 StanJames- (4/10) I'd have had the price on this line a fair bit skinner in truth so happy to take the price available here. Andy Hamilton still has a chance of making the semis, albeit an extremely slim chance but a chance nonetheless. The Hammer lost to Dave Chisnall over the weekend but Chizzy was playing some really good stuff over the weekend so it wasn't such a shock that Hamilton got beaten there. Although the Hammer has been a bit hit and miss so far in his debut season in the PL, you know he will always fight for every leg and never give in no matter what the circumstances are. Barring any disasters, Whitlock is all but guaranteed a place in the semi finals but he will know a win here or even a draw will see him book his place at the O2 with a week to spare which is something he'll want to ensure given he plays Lewis next week which is certainly a hard match for the Aussie. That run of 3 wins in a row before last week was much needed for Whitlock, and he'll be disappointed he didn't do more against Taylor last week after leading 3-1 at one stage. Hamilton traditionally has a really good record against his opponent here echoed by his win at Ally Pally over Christmas. The overs seems the obvious choice to me though in this one as both guys score well enough to hold throw quite comfortably and their finishing is generally solid as well. They drew 7 a piece in their first meeting in the PL, and I expect neither player to win any better than 8-5 in the return match. Raymond van Barneveld to beat Gary Anderson- 6/5 William Hill- (3/10) Raymond van Barneveld (Most 180s) vs Gary Anderson- 6/4 William Hill- (3/10) Gary Anderson 3 Dart Average Under 97.5- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) Favour the Dutchman quite heavily as he knows chances are a win here, will mean he only needs a point against James Wade next week to book his place in the semis as I don't see Wade taking any points off Taylor. Even if he doesn't win, he'll still have a chance next week if he beats Wade but no doubt he will want the 2 points desperately against the Scot and will do everything in his power to try and get the win. In the past couple of weeks, Barney has sort of gone through a bit of a dip in form when you consider how well he has played in the tournament so far including that 107 average he notched up in the first match against Anderson. The Dutchman managed to bag a few wins over the weekend in Austria though and averaged 102 in his win over Mark Webster so I'd fancy a couple of wins will have boosted his confidence a touch. Gary Anderson did improve against Adrian Lewis last week and managed to get a point but you have to say Lewis missed a fair few doubles in that one which gave the Scot chances and allowed him into the match. Justin Pipe hammered him over the weekend, with Anderson averaging a shade over 91 and although the slow style of Pipe doesn't suit his game, if Anderson doesn't improve significantly, Barney will win this one and given the incentives for Barney to take the 2 points, that's what I'll back him to do. I can't ignore the price on the Dutchman to hit more 180s either as Anderson still hasn't shown me enough to suggest he is anywhere near coming close to his heavy scoring best. Although he managed to hit 3 against Lewis last week, in actual fact playing Lewis isn't such a bad thing for Anderson's flow as Lewis is equally quick in his throw which helps Anderson really. Barney though is a touch slower which won't help the Scot. Before the match with Lewis, he'd only hit 1 maximum in total in the previous 3 weeks and he hasn't hit more than 3 on a single night since week 3. Barney has been more consistent however in scoring the maximums now he has returned to his previous darts, and at the weekend he scored well with 3 180s a piece against Burnett and Pipe. The price although it isn't massive, still looks like value to me so I'll back more maximums to come from the Dutchman. And :lol one final involvement I'll have in this match in regarding Anderson's average. Where the line has come from I really don't know but it looks too high to me. Anderson knows he hasn't really got anything to play for in this match so whether he'll be completely up for it I don't know. He didn't average higher than 97 in either match against Co Stompe or Justin Pipe at the weekend and has only covered this line in the PL in 3 weeks so far. The problem with Anderson hitting a good average is not only the fact he isn't scoring well at the minute, but if you miss 3 darts at a double which the Scot often does, it makes the average plummet and I'd be surprised if he averaged higher than the line given here. Kevin Painter vs Adrian Lewis- Over 6.5 180s- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Adrian Lewis 3 Dart Average Over 97.5- 5/6 BetVictor- (5/10) I expect Lewis to win this one and with that virtually guarantee a place in the semis which will be a huge relief for the world champ after a really poor start in the league. His finishing has got better as the tournament has gone on, excluding the draw against Gary Anderson but generally his finishing has been good with some heavy scoring in the process. I don't really understand why the line is set this low though considering Lewis has covered the line in each of the last 5 weeks and in a few of those matches, he hasn't even scored at his very best. I see no reason why Lewis won't get close to a 3 dart average again tonight with the fact he'll be fully pumped for it so I'll take the overs. I also expect us to see at least 7 maximums in the match tonight as well. Lewis has scored well throughout the tournament, and has hit 6 maximums in 2 of the last 3 weeks which shows that he can go close to covering the line on his own. Painter has also scored well of late and should chip away at the line as well and although I expect Lewis to win, I'd fancy both players to cover the maximum line here. Phil Taylor (-2.5 legs) to beat James Wade- 4/6 Blue Square- (6/10) I don't expect James Wade to get anything out of this one in truth. I backed him with a handicap in the first match played out between this two but tons of missed doubles cost him and allowed Taylor to cruise home with ease. Wade has a shocking record against the Power and although he could do with a point, I really don't see it happening. Taylor has only dropped points to Adrian Lewis so far and I expect him to keep to that trend against Wade and just show his dominance over the rest of the field. Although he pulled out like Lewis from the event in Austria at the weekend, I don't expect here to be any problems whatsoever and it was probably done purely because the Power wanted a little rest. The handicap here looks minimal though to me. Although you can get a better price with a slightly bigger handicap, I prefer to take the (2.5) line as Wade throws first so it's a touch safer in my eyes but I'd expect Taylor to win pretty comfortably in truth.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 13 Tough to find any kind of value tonight, though I like that price you got for Anderson's average. Haven't decided if I'm off out to play poker yet, or watching the footy (2 home wins in today's playoff games for my bet there would be nice) so giving this week a swerve. gl Fishy though

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 13 Tonight was really just one of those nights. In a different session, all of those bets could have come through with ease but not tonight. Whitlock missed doubles to cover the 13 legs and Barney led on a couple of occasions as well. The Lewis' average bet has to be one of the most frustrating bets ever though. He was cruising above the line despite getting hammered until a god awful terrible final leg meant he didn't even cover the line :wall A bad night nonetheless, which has left me on -5.51 with the final league matches next week. The only positives however are the outrights with Anderson, barring any miracles against Taylor next week, looking good to come bottom of the league at a rather tasty 25/1. Whitlock has also qualified given Barney and Wade meet next week so the top 4 I was hoping for could still happen which would be excellent.