** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: April 30th 2012 Picks

Re: MLB: April 30th 2012 Picks Philly -1.5 @ 2.26 pinnacle Worley is 2-1, with a 2.16 ERA as he allowd 4 hits in the 2-0 win at San Diego and then allowed 1 run in the 8-5 win over Arizona. He has faced the Cubs once before, allowing 1 run in the 9-1 win over them last year. Their bats have not been hitting well of late but they do have some good numbers against Volstad, as he has gone 0-3, with a high 6.14 ERA, allowing 4 runs in the 5-1 loss to St. Louis. He has gone 0-4 with an 8.35 ERA in his last 7 starts against the Phillies, so the Phillies look the better side in both aspects of this game. Houston @ 2.06 pinnacle Norris is 1-1, with a 5.84 ERA as he allowed 7 runs on 9 hits in the 9-6 loss at Milwaukee. All three of his starts have been on the road, and now returns hime for his first start there. He has gone 1-1 with a 4.85 ERA in 4 starts against the NY Mets, going 1-0 with a 3.77 ERA in two home starts. Dickey is 3-1, with a 4.44 ERA as he allowed 1 run on 3 hits in the 5-1 home win over Miami, but he did allow 8 runs in the 14-6 on the road at Atlanta. He went 0-2 with a 6.75 ERA in 2 starts against Houston last season. Record: 35-53 (-2.96)

Re: MLB: April 30th 2012 Picks Ok, Yu Darvish was pretty good against the Yanks last time out, but I have to trust my eye on him and I think he is over rated. The guy gives up too many hits and doesnt throw enough strikes, at some point a team is going to string some hits together and hit him HARD, I thought the Yankees would do that last time around but they didnt. This leads me to my next point, Toronto.......they can hit, and when they do, particularly in their own yard the ball goes a long way. Drabek pitches tonight and has been a lot better this year than last and finally looks like he may develop into the pitcher the Jays thought they were getting as the centre piece of the Halladay deal. I will get Darvish beat at some point, so....... Toronto to beat Texas by 4 or more runs @ 7.50 with bet365 (2pts)

Re: MLB: April 30th 2012 Picks Rangers/Blue Jays (Under 7.5 runs) 0.5pt @ 2.45 Bet365 Rangers/Blue Jays (Under 7 runs) 0.5pt @ 3.15 Bet365 Thought the 9-run standard line was a bit high, given both pitchers come into the game off the back of solid starts to the season. Both Darvish and Drabek have ERAs under 2.50, Darvish comes in on the back of 8.1 inns of no-run pitching v the Yankees, and Drabek off his first loss of the season, to the Orioles where he ceded just 2 solo homers but received precisely no run support at all. Splitting stakes for effectively an under 7.25 AH bet