Weekend > League 2 > 5 May

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 5 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Accrington Stanley v Crawley Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] AFC Wimbledon v Shrewsbury Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bradford City v Swindon Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burton Albion v Barnet (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crewe Alexandra v Aldershot Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dagenham & Redbridge v Bristol Rovers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gillingham v Morecambe (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hereford United v Torquay United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Plymouth Argyle v Cheltenham Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Port Vale v Oxford United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Rotherham United v Northampton Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Southend United v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Weekend > League 2 > 5 May Southend Vs Macclesfield Last week I predicted bottom of the table Macclesfield would beat an out of form Burton side in order to at least survive relegation for another week. However they meekly surrendered their league two status on home soil. This week they face promotion chasing Southend. Their rivals for promotion, Torquay and Crawley, face tricky games against Hereford and Accrington Stanley, so a win here and slip ups elsewhere would see Southend promoted. Macclesfield have picked up just seven points from a possible 66 since the New Year, scoring just 16 whilst conceding 40. Their away form is even worse, taking just 2 points from their last 17 games – rubbish. And seeing as they couldn’t win against a poor mid table Burton side on home soil when it was required, I fully expect them to lose here when they have nothing to play for. The more I look at this game, the more I fancy Southend to come out of it with a comfortable victory. Banker for me and seeing as the odds aren’t great I’m prepared to risk them on the handicap. Southend to win -1 @ 5/6 (BlueSq & 888) 5pts (5)

Re: Weekend > League 2 > 5 May In addition to the Southend game, I think the Plymouth Vs Cheltenham game could be an interesting one. Neither team have much to play for, Plymouth surviving a last day battle to stay up and Cheltenham being comfortably in 6th place. Despite this I think there could be a couple of potential bets on this game, although they would be minimal ones given players could well be rested. I'm not convinced by Cheltenham recently and this is clearly highlighted by their second half of the season form. After 27 games they sat proudly at the top of the table, probably overachieving but nonetheless top. Today, they go into the game having guaranteed a play off place but that was only secured last weekend. Their form in the last 18 games hasnt been anywhere near as good especially their away form. Their last 9 away games consist of 1 win, 1 draw and 7 losses - only 9 goals scored being the main problem. Plymouth looked certainties for relegation early in the season. After 29 games they only had 23 points, a total they've sinced doubled in their last 16 games. They're certainly a team on the up whereas I'm certain Cheltenham are going the other way. Interestingly in their last 8 at home they've only seen 8 goals (5 scored, 3 conceded) - winning 3, drawing 4 and losing 1. Darren Purse being a big contributor to this. This game screams Under 2.5 goals @ 5/6 (various bookmakers) to me, however I like the idea of a Plymouth win here. Despite Purse probably being out I think Plymouth, at this stage of the season and on home soil, are the better team. Given the lack of goals between these two teams (Cheltenham haven't scored in their last 5 away from home), I reckon Plymouth winning to nil @ 10/3 (Paddy Power) could be worth a punt. And seeing as I'm confident about a convincing Southend victory, an accumulator of the two may be on the agenda. Plymouth to win to nil Southend to win-1 1pt @ 13/2 (Paddy Power) Under 2.5 goals @ 5/6 (Paddy Power) 2pts

Re: Weekend > League 2 > 5 May

Southend Vs Macclesfield Last week I predicted bottom of the table Macclesfield would beat an out of form Burton side in order to at least survive relegation for another week. However they meekly surrendered their league two status on home soil. This week they face promotion chasing Southend. Their rivals for promotion, Torquay and Crawley, face tricky games against Hereford and Accrington Stanley, so a win here and slip ups elsewhere would see Southend promoted. Macclesfield have picked up just seven points from a possible 66 since the New Year, scoring just 16 whilst conceding 40. Their away form is even worse, taking just 2 points from their last 17 games – rubbish. And seeing as they couldn’t win against a poor mid table Burton side on home soil when it was required, I fully expect them to lose here when they have nothing to play for. The more I look at this game, the more I fancy Southend to come out of it with a comfortable victory. Banker for me and seeing as the odds aren’t great I’m prepared to risk them on the handicap. Southend to win -1 @ 5/6 (BlueSq & 888) 5pts (5)
Well for a banker that was close! An injury time goal sealing Macclesfield's fate and giving me my money back that they owed me from last weekend. Final score 2-0. Profit of 4.17 for me and a good start to the weekend.

Re: Weekend > League 2 > 5 May

In addition to the Southend game' date=' I think the [u']Plymouth Vs Cheltenham game could be an interesting one. Neither team have much to play for, Plymouth surviving a last day battle to stay up and Cheltenham being comfortably in 6th place. Despite this I think there could be a couple of potential bets on this game, although they would be minimal ones given players could well be rested. I'm not convinced by Cheltenham recently and this is clearly highlighted by their second half of the season form. After 27 games they sat proudly at the top of the table, probably overachieving but nonetheless top. Today, they go into the game having guaranteed a play off place but that was only secured last weekend. Their form in the last 18 games hasnt been anywhere near as good especially their away form. Their last 9 away games consist of 1 win, 1 draw and 7 losses - only 9 goals scored being the main problem. Plymouth looked certainties for relegation early in the season. After 29 games they only had 23 points, a total they've sinced doubled in their last 16 games. They're certainly a team on the up whereas I'm certain Cheltenham are going the other way. Interestingly in their last 8 at home they've only seen 8 goals (5 scored, 3 conceded) - winning 3, drawing 4 and losing 1. Darren Purse being a big contributor to this. This game screams Under 2.5 goals @ 5/6 (various bookmakers) to me, however I like the idea of a Plymouth win here. Despite Purse probably being out I think Plymouth, at this stage of the season and on home soil, are the better team. Given the lack of goals between these two teams (Cheltenham haven't scored in their last 5 away from home), I reckon Plymouth winning to nil @ 10/3 (Paddy Power) could be worth a punt. And seeing as I'm confident about a convincing Southend victory, an accumulator of the two may be on the agenda. Plymouth to win to nil Southend to win-1 1pt @ 13/2 (Paddy Power) Under 2.5 goals @ 5/6 (Paddy Power) 2pts
Two quick second half goals killing this one off for me. Still don't rate Cheltenham though and will be opposing them in the play offs. Overall loss of 3 pts.