** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UFC 145

Ronnie

Ufc 145 on Saturday night is the most anticipated event ever, Champion Jon Jones and former champion Rashad Evans have been at each others throats seemingly forever. Former mates or not they now both want to prove themselves to be the better man, the reward (apart from bragging rights) is the Light Heavyweight belt and title of champion. Evans is the outsider against the seemingly unbeatable Jones but he may pose a few problems for the champ, he's quick on his toes, quick with his punches and should be able to hold his own in the wrestling dept, I'd like to say he has pure KO power but he hasn't KO'D anyone since 2008 (I think his TKO win v Tito was due to a knee to the stomach), if he can get in and out passing Jones huge reach advantage and take him deep into the fight he may well have a chance. In the only other match that I think there's some value Michael McDonald can take out Miguel Torres. Torres is one of my fave fighters, a long time champ in the WEC and a record of 40-4, but since getting KO'D by Brian Bowles hasn't been the same fighter, not sure why maybe he's decided not to get KO'D again and has fought more cautiously since. Michael McDondald is up and coming and has the power to KO Torres, he'll be agressive from the off and I'm not sure Torres reach will help him against the attack of McDonald. Rashad Evans to win 15/4 @ Stan James Michael McDonald to win by KO/TKO 4/1 @ Paddy Power

• 2 weeks later...