BBOTD Sunday 15th of April

16.35 Leopardstown: Light Heavy @ 4/1 Boylesports This very lightly raced Jim Bolger colt looks very talented and holds various classic entries. He made a late debut at Navan last year in October and showed some good attitude, finishing second to AOB's promising colt Frontier who had the advantage of experience on his side that day, though Light Heavy finished only a neck beaten, fought back in the closing stage over inadequate 7 furlongs. He made his seasonal reappearance at Leopardstown recently, won there against solid opposition over one mile in convincing fashion. He showed tremendous will to win the race over a trip which is actually too short for him. He will be seen at his best over further, no doubt. Tomorrow will be his third career start and he takes a step up in trip to 10 furlongs. He will relish this new distance and should be fit enough after his recent win. There is also loads of improvement expected due to the gained experience and the step up in distance. I think he is capable enough of beating short price favourite David Livingston who will also relish the step up in trip as well but might be not 100% fit for his first start this season. So 4/1 is quite a big price for Light Heavy in my mind.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 15th of April Ffos Las 315 - Rockabilly 2pt Win 11/2 Ladbrokes There are few contenders in this race but I think my selection should just about have the edge over them. He looked like the likely winner before falling in his penultimate race and his more recent 2nd has been franked by Sound Accord (3rd) who won NTO. His mark is only 2lb higher than when he fell and Im hoping today is the day he makes amends. He has won at the trip, on the ground and in the class. Of the others, both thelobstercatcher and Fishoutofwater are sloppy jumpers with average form, and whilst I can envisage the latter improving, I would like to see it first before I back him, especially at the prices. Carabinier looks too high in the weights and im not sure the distance will suit, Bathwick Brave is having its chase debut, King Jack has attitude problems (serial 2nd place, lucky to win LTO) and Ceepeegee is generally inconsistent (although probably has a squeek here). The two I am most worried about are Five Out Of Five and Culahill. FOOF's 2nd at Fakenham was decent considering it was after a break and also with unusual tactics and he looked set to go close before falling LTO. Culahill also could improve after its first run after a break and his 2nd LTO doesnt look too bad in the context of this race, with conditions set to suit.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.