When placing Grand National bets in store...

Hey guys, just hoped I could get you guys to know this and hopefully spread the good word. Plus it saves staff and you a ton of hassle on the busiest day of the year. When betting on the national, the bookies(at least ours does) have a quickslip, similar to the 49's, irish lottery, coupons, etc. Please Use It. If you're picking 3 horses, dont put them all on one. Put it on 3. Makes life a great deal easier. Even if you've been putting lines on for 40 years, it's still more efficient to ask someone on the floor to fill it out if you're not sure yourself. If you can all let people know and take it upon yourselves to do the same, it makes life easier and makes any issues with sorting mistakes a doddle. Saves both you and us time. Gracias Edited to add, this all sounds rather short and ott on re-read, but it really helps a lot. Equally so, if you hate your bookie, scribble as small as you can and pick the entire field.

Re: When placing Grand National bets in store...

Ah it takes me back to my days as a betting shop manager. I think my record in store was about 20 different 5p dual forecasts on one slip :o)
In the 1998 Football World Cup I took the first 2 opening matches and trebled them all with one other selection from the other first round matches all on one coupon . It took the betting shop manager 3 days to calculate the return during his lunch and coffee breaks. Think he calculated 62 individual trebles then added them altogether , my method which I showed him later took 15 minutes.

Re: When placing Grand National bets in store... Now i'm curious. I'd have worked out the double of the first two, jot that down, then go through using that as the stake on the last selection, however many times necessary. Wouldn't take long and sounds like what the manager would've done. What did you do? Even so, 3 days?!? Was there a national pen and paper shortage at the time?

Re: When placing Grand National bets in store...

Now i'm curious. I'd have worked out the double of the first two, jot that down, then go through using that as the stake on the last selection, however many times necessary. Wouldn't take long and sounds like what the manager would've done. What did you do? Even so, 3 days?!? Was there a national pen and paper shortage at the time?
Thats the method I used. The manager was a young in experienced guy , it was also before betting slips were computerised . He told he he worked out each individual treble , plus it was a holiday and he had only 1 cashier.