Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th The 5 cautions rule only applies until 31 December. From the FA rules:

(i) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and 31 December (including any FTCM played on that day) in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: - One First Team Match (ii) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: - “Warned as to his Future Conduct” Note: FTCM are matches in the following competitions: FA Challenge Cup [FA Cup], FA Challenge Trophy, FA Premier League, Football League, Football League Cup [Carling Cup], Football League Trophy, the Football Conference and The FA WSL.

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Paddy Power has just released the new Money-Back Specials: If Blackburn win this game, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match The league is now actually meaningless for Liverpool as they will not qualify for European competition and of course 43 points is safe enough to stay at the Premier League next season. With the FA Cup semi-final against Everton in the weekend, there is no reason for Liverpool to play with even 60% of their strength in Ewood Park. Dalglish should keep his key players fresh for the derby, especially when they've just played with Aston Villa 2 days ago. As Blackburn is now fighting for survival, no doubt about their motivation and Ewood Park is also a tough place to visit. So I cannot see Liverpool gets more than 2 goals in this match. So we can basically have a free bet here by choosing the 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 0-2 and 1-2 and 2-2 correct score. According to Paddy Power's latest odds, a 0-0 draw will pay you 10, 1-1 @6.5, 0-1 @8, 0-2@10, [email protected] and 2-2 @12. Dividing your stakes in 6 parts, for example I can put 1 quid on 0-0, 1.54 on 1-1, 1.25 on 0-1, 1 on 0-2, 1.18 on 1-2 and 0.83 in 2-2. In the case Liverpool does not score more than 2 goals (which is very likely) and does not lose of course I will get surely 10 quids. Therefore the odds for this trade is equal to 10/6.82 = 1.47, which I consider not too low to try. If Liverpool loses again, at least we can get stakes back. Of course if Liverpool score more than 2 goals we will lose all the stake, but this scenario is very unlikely. If you want to increase the rate of return you can ignore the 2-2 result - which is very difficult to happen. Or if you guys want to take more risk you can even ignore the 0-0. That's my own opinion, hope it's a bit useful and please do not blame if I say something stupid :D

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Relegation haunted Blackburn Rovers host a totally lost looking Liverpool on Wednesday evening and with neither team capable of keeping clean sheets lately and both desperate to get the 3 points I believe this game has an over 2.5 result written all over it. I wouldn't be surprised with a 2-1 result to either team here and a higher return of goals can't be ruled out either as the game gets loose late on as the loosing team take chances to get back into it, so 3 or more goals has every chance here Over 2.5 goals is my choice here... Good Luck

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th

Paddy Power has just released the new Money-Back Specials: If Blackburn win this game, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match The league is now actually meaningless for Liverpool as they will not qualify for European competition and of course 43 points is safe enough to stay at the Premier League next season. With the FA Cup semi-final against Everton in the weekend, there is no reason for Liverpool to play with even 60% of their strength in Ewood Park. Dalglish should keep his key players fresh for the derby, especially when they've just played with Aston Villa 2 days ago. As Blackburn is now fighting for survival, no doubt about their motivation and Ewood Park is also a tough place to visit. So I cannot see Liverpool gets more than 2 goals in this match. So we can basically have a free bet here by choosing the 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 0-2 and 1-2 and 2-2 correct score. According to Paddy Power's latest odds, a 0-0 draw will pay you 10, 1-1 @6.5, 0-1 @8, 0-2@10, [email protected] and 2-2 @12. Dividing your stakes in 6 parts, for example I can put 1 quid on 0-0, 1.54 on 1-1, 1.25 on 0-1, 1 on 0-2, 1.18 on 1-2 and 0.83 in 2-2. In the case Liverpool does not score more than 2 goals (which is very likely) and does not lose of course I will get surely 10 quids. Therefore the odds for this trade is equal to 10/6.82 = 1.47, which I consider not too low to try. If Liverpool loses again, at least we can get stakes back. Of course if Liverpool score more than 2 goals we will lose all the stake, but this scenario is very unlikely. If you want to increase the rate of return you can ignore the 2-2 result - which is very difficult to happen. Or if you guys want to take more risk you can even ignore the 0-0. That's my own opinion, hope it's a bit useful and please do not blame if I say something stupid :D
Of course there is pure arb value in this anyway according to your calculations. Liverpool -1.5 can probably be backed at 4.0 or more. Though this is very intelligent, really its just exploiting bookies offers. Someone else on this forum called kiddo I think is another expert on these offers and if you're exploiting it by dutching the correct scores you might as well cover the entire market too guarantee a profit...

Paddy Power has just released the new Money-Back Specials: If Blackburn win this game, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match The league is now actually meaningless for Liverpool as they will not qualify for European competition and of course 43 points is safe enough to stay at the Premier League next season. With the FA Cup semi-final against Everton in the weekend, there is no reason for Liverpool to play with even 60% of their strength in Ewood Park. Dalglish should keep his key players fresh for the derby, especially when they've just played with Aston Villa 2 days ago. As Blackburn is now fighting for survival, no doubt about their motivation and Ewood Park is also a tough place to visit. So I cannot see Liverpool gets more than 2 goals in this match. So we can basically have a free bet here by choosing the 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 0-2 and 1-2 and 2-2 correct score. According to Paddy Power's latest odds, a 0-0 draw will pay you 10, 1-1 @6.5, 0-1 @8, 0-2@10, [email protected] and 2-2 @12. Dividing your stakes in 6 parts, for example I can put 1 quid on 0-0, 1.54 on 1-1, 1.25 on 0-1, 1 on 0-2, 1.18 on 1-2 and 0.83 in 2-2. In the case Liverpool does not score more than 2 goals (which is very likely) and does not lose of course I will get surely 10 quids. Therefore the odds for this trade is equal to 10/6.82 = 1.47, which I consider not too low to try. If Liverpool loses again, at least we can get stakes back. Of course if Liverpool score more than 2 goals we will lose all the stake, but this scenario is very unlikely. If you want to increase the rate of return you can ignore the 2-2 result - which is very difficult to happen. Or if you guys want to take more risk you can even ignore the 0-0. That's my own opinion, hope it's a bit useful and please do not blame if I say something stupid :D
Firstly I'm surprised Paddy Power can find the time to break off from thinking of new advertising shedules taking the piss out of the disabled and those on kidney dialysis, check out their Youtube videos and their current Talk Sport campaign and you might then want to examine your conscience and close your account unless you find their behaviour acceptable. Here's a very unusual stat, in the last 10 occasions this fixture has been played in the league, there have only been 3 different total number of goals in the matches, none, one, or four ! Liverpool have only won once at Blackburn in the last five visits. With Liverpool's season in the league fairly meaningless now, the FA Cup match coming up, and Dalglish's past glorious times at Blackburn to consider (surely he wouldn't want them to be relegated ?) : Lay Liverpool Not To Win : Betfair @ 2.14

Relegation haunted Blackburn Rovers host a totally lost looking Liverpool on Wednesday evening and with neither team capable of keeping clean sheets lately and both desperate to get the 3 points I believe this game has an over 2.5 result written all over it. I wouldn't be surprised with a 2-1 result to either team here and a higher return of goals can't be ruled out either as the game gets loose late on as the loosing team take chances to get back into it' date= so 3 or more goals has every chance here Over 2.5 goals is my choice here... Good Luck
Mark, I hate to be dampen your spirit here, (match is tonight Tuesday) but three points are pretty much meaningless to Liverpool, its mathematically impossible for them to qualify for Europe. If you decide to go with the Over 2.5 then I advise you to cover it with the 0-0 (@ 12.5 Betfair) by placing enough on it to win whatever your Over's stake is. This has finished 0-0 twice on the last 4 occasions, and has only gone Over 2.5 twice in the last 6. Liverpool have only scored two goals in an Away in one of their last five attempts. Only one of Blackburns last five games played at Ewood Park has gone Over 2.5 Here's my article concerning the 0-0 protection strategy : http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/128839-Nervous-Anoraks-Part-Stake-Protection-Strategy Hope that helps :ok

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th It's actually quite unbelieveable how this Liverpool team is priced in almost every match. Their record since the new year is 2W-3D-8L... I think only Wolves have worse record than them. And yet they are priced in every match like some TOP premier league side. Basically they have nothing to play for here and all their focus should be on Saturday's FA Cup right now. As for Blackburn there are only 6 games left in PL and in every game they should put their maximum effort to jump out of relegation zone. Definitely will go for Lay Liverpool @ 2.14 Betfair

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th The Premier League have just issued a directive to referees this morning which applies to the end of the season, to book any defenders marking Andy Carroll, for time wasting. Having thought about my original selection overnight of Laying Liverpool Not To Win (I see odds drifting to 2.2 now), I might now go Draw No Bet currently @ 2.68, or Blackburn Home @ 3.7 with cover on the 0-0, as realistically Blackburn need all 3 points here and if Liverpoool are going to give them an easy ride they may as well donate all 3, 1 simply won't be enough. For those betting on the goals, "2 or 3 goals" might be an interesting selection as there hasn't been a game in this fixture in the last 10 played (league only) with either of those numbers ! (None, one, or four, have made up the ten prev results).

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Over 3.5 @ 3.16 centrebet Neither side in good form with Blackburn losing their last 3 games while Liverpool losing 6 of their last 7 games. Defensively, Blackburn are poor with just one clean sheet in their last 7 games, and have allowed at least two goals in their last 3 games. Liverpool have allowed at least two goals in 3 of their last 4 games, as well as in 3 of their last 4 away games, so they do too, are conceding goals. Both teams have scored in their last 4 meetings, so like this to be a game with goals in it Season record: 138-198 (-14.37)

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Blackburn-Liverpool AH+0,5 @1,80 4/10 pinnacle Blackburn in need for some points, they lost their last 3 matches but were really good against Manchester United last monday. They have really improved in comparison to their performances some months ago. Modeste is suspended while Olsson is doubtful. Liverpool with a 2-2-6 record in their last 10 matches. No form, just in-form. Dalglish is under pressure and he is very likely to rest some players with the likes of Gerrard, Suarez and Agger for saturday's FA Cup clash against arch-rivals Everton. The Reds can achieve nothing in the league, they are already qualified for Europe and with saturday'S match on mind. I expect Blackburn to reach at least a draw in a low scoring match. GL

Firstly I'm surprised Paddy Power can find the time to break off from thinking of new advertising shedules taking the piss out of the disabled and those on kidney dialysis, check out their Youtube videos and their current Talk Sport campaign and you might then want to examine your conscience and close your account unless you find their behaviour acceptable. Here's a very unusual stat, in the last 10 occasions this fixture has been played in the league, there have only been 3 different total number of goals in the matches, none, one, or four ! Liverpool have only won once at Blackburn in the last five visits. With Liverpool's season in the league fairly meaningless now, the FA Cup match coming up, and Dalglish's past glorious times at Blackburn to consider (surely he wouldn't want them to be relegated ?) : Lay Liverpool Not To Win : Betfair @ 2.14
Surely the best revenge is take some money off them? ;)

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Blackburn vs Liverpool 10th April A very interesting fixture this, and that usually means a bit of eccentric value. Both sides could do with a win right now. Dalglish has come under pressure with the money he has spent and are miles off being inside the current "top 6", and have even fallen behind their fierce rivals Everton. Blackburn need the win for obvious relegation troubles. I watched them against Manchester United and also backed them on a +1.25 handicap. Trying not to be biased, I really do think they created the best chances in the game, with De Gea making very good saves. In the end two late goals sunk my bet and it was two wonderful ones from Valencia and Young to break the deadlock. Perhaps a lot of luck in the first goal, and I still felt there was value on Blackburn. Against a poorer Liverpool side though, on the Asian handicap market Blackburn can only cover about +0.25 for even odds. That's a whole goal from the +1.25 against Manchester United. Something to think about there. I watched Liverpool play Aston Villa in their last league game. I really felt their performance had turned a corner. There really is something cursed about Luis Suarez and Liverpool hitting the post. More than any other team in the Premier league I think. Though Villa scored first, Liverpool should have won the game comfortably with the chances they created. Going back further, their performances have been extremely inconsistent, and results recently doesn't seem to be falling their way independent on the performance. Unfortunately in modern day football, strikers are judged on goals, and managers on points, not their respective performances. The closest game I can compare this to was Liverpool's game against QPR on another night time kickoff. Liverpool somehow managed to give a two goal lead away with about 10 minutes remaining of the game to actually lose the game 3 - 2. They simply rolled over once QPR scored one of the 3 goals. Not much to separate the two occasions in my opinion, whilst this time Liverpool are at higher odds of about 5/4 being widely available after another blip in drift. Liverpool's semi-final clash with rivals Everton in the FA cup is another key factor going into this game, and no doubt it will be their priority ahead of a relatively unimportant league game. It would be interesting to see the lineups Kenny shoves out, as no-one wants to be missed out for the upcoming FA cup semi-final on saturday. No doubt both teams will be going for a win here. A draw isn't really any good for either team at the moment considering their positions, and Kean will know that gambling 1 point for 3 is chances you need to take being in the relegation mix against a vulnerable looking Liverpool side that have been beaten by relegation rivals QPR, Wigan and Bolton. Doni will have another chance to prove himself after a somewhat dodgy performance in Liverpool's goal. The absense of Reina will be a big one especially for the FA cup semi-final against Everton due to a dismissal against Newcastle. Modeste also picked up a ridiculously soft red card even for violent behavior off the ball. Martin Olsson is a doubt for Blackburn whilst Agger though fit having returned last week might be left on the bench for Everton. I might update at 19:01 GMT+1 when the team sheets are out. Over 2.5 1.960 10/10 188Bet Over 4.5 at 11/2 with WilliamHill and Bet365 is another option, though the over 3.5 line is thin on correct score ranges at 9/4. Over 4.5 is also backable on Betfair pre commission at 7.20.

So you're backing Liverpool to win then? :lol

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Blackburn have failed to score in the first half at home for 3 consecutive games and; Liverpool have failed to score in the first half away for 6 consecutive games Meaning 0-0 could be a high possibility for a half time score! Skybet HT Score 0-0 2.88 (There is probably better odds elsewhere just I have some free bets too use at sky :nana)

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Have to agree with the unders and the lay of 'pool... Liverpool must be really low on confidence and have only scored 3 in their last 4 away games. In 15 of their last 20 matches they have not scored more than one goal. The lay of Liverpool does not look to have to much downside either as they have only been winning or drawing at half-time in 5 of their last 20 matches. I will lay them (missed the boat a bit here!) and green at half time I think. Will dutch a couple of low scores or do the unders,

So you're backing Liverpool to win then? :lol
Brett, come on, only punters who use Betfair usually understand the concept of the "Lay," which is why I always state "Lay....Not To Win" because that way those using trade bookmakers should understand it clearer. If someone told me to Lay a team a few years ago before I started using Betfair, I would have thought they were telling me to Back them ! I wish Betfair were using a different word as I feel Lay is very confusing to the inexperienced.

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th Blackburn +0.25 2.000 @ Bet365 Blackburn have lost three in a row but played well against United last week and were unlucky not to come away with a point and they've picked up 10 points in their last 6 home games and are fighting for their lives so they will be up for this. But i just can't bring myself to back Blackburn to win because they are so inconsistent and on paper their defence really is quite shocking. But Liverpool are playing so bad at the minute that the most i can see them picking up tonight is a point and i'm not even sure they will get that but just to be cautious i've gone for Blackburn +0.25 at what i think are good odds at evens. Liverpool have lost 6 out of their last 7 games away from home in the league and have lost 6 out of their last 8 in the league both home and away. Liverpool are also likely to rest a few players with the semi-final against Everton coming up on Saturday and don't really have anything to play for apart from finishing above Everton. However, if Liverpool score the first goal then back them to win or avoid defeat because Blackburn's record when conceding first this season is the joint worst in the league (W1 D3 L16). GL all :ok

Liverpool must be really low on confidence and have only scored 3 in their last 4 away games. In 15 of their last 20 matches they have

not scored more than one goal. The lay of Liverpool does not look to have to much downside either as they have only been winning or drawing at half-time in 5 of their last 20 matches. I will lay them (missed the boat a bit here!) and green at half time I think. Will dutch a couple of low scores or do the unders,

Given the HT stats...the Blackburn/Draw option @ 18 looks a great shout.

Blackburn-Liverpool AH+0,5 @1,80 4/10 pinnacle Blackburn in need for some points, they lost their last 3 matches but were really good against Manchester United last monday. They have really improved in comparison to their performances some months ago. Modeste is suspended while Olsson is doubtful. Liverpool with a 2-2-6 record in their last 10 matches. No form, just in-form. Dalglish is under pressure and he is very likely to rest some players with the likes of Gerrard, Suarez and Agger for saturday's FA Cup clash against arch-rivals Everton. The Reds can achieve nothing in the league, they are already qualified for Europe and with saturday'S match on mind. I expect Blackburn to reach at least a draw in a low scoring match. GL
2:3 in injury time, Liverpool with 1 real chance in second half

Blackburn vs Liverpool 10th April A very interesting fixture this, and that usually means a bit of eccentric value. Both sides could do with a win right now. Dalglish has come under pressure with the money he has spent and are miles off being inside the current "top 6", and have even fallen behind their fierce rivals Everton. Blackburn need the win for obvious relegation troubles. I watched them against Manchester United and also backed them on a +1.25 handicap. Trying not to be biased, I really do think they created the best chances in the game, with De Gea making very good saves. In the end two late goals sunk my bet and it was two wonderful ones from Valencia and Young to break the deadlock. Perhaps a lot of luck in the first goal, and I still felt there was value on Blackburn. Against a poorer Liverpool side though, on the Asian handicap market Blackburn can only cover about +0.25 for even odds. That's a whole goal from the +1.25 against Manchester United. Something to think about there. I watched Liverpool play Aston Villa in their last league game. I really felt their performance had turned a corner. There really is something cursed about Luis Suarez and Liverpool hitting the post. More than any other team in the Premier league I think. Though Villa scored first, Liverpool should have won the game comfortably with the chances they created. Going back further, their performances have been extremely inconsistent, and results recently doesn't seem to be falling their way independent on the performance. Unfortunately in modern day football, strikers are judged on goals, and managers on points, not their respective performances. The closest game I can compare this to was Liverpool's game against QPR on another night time kickoff. Liverpool somehow managed to give a two goal lead away with about 10 minutes remaining of the game to actually lose the game 3 - 2. They simply rolled over once QPR scored one of the 3 goals. Not much to separate the two occasions in my opinion, whilst this time Liverpool are at higher odds of about 5/4 being widely available after another blip in drift. Liverpool's semi-final clash with rivals Everton in the FA cup is another key factor going into this game, and no doubt it will be their priority ahead of a relatively unimportant league game. It would be interesting to see the lineups Kenny shoves out, as no-one wants to be missed out for the upcoming FA cup semi-final on saturday. No doubt both teams will be going for a win here. A draw isn't really any good for either team at the moment considering their positions, and Kean will know that gambling 1 point for 3 is chances you need to take being in the relegation mix against a vulnerable looking Liverpool side that have been beaten by relegation rivals QPR, Wigan and Bolton. Doni will have another chance to prove himself after a somewhat dodgy performance in Liverpool's goal. The absense of Reina will be a big one especially for the FA cup semi-final against Everton due to a dismissal against Newcastle. Modeste also picked up a ridiculously soft red card even for violent behavior off the ball. Martin Olsson is a doubt for Blackburn whilst Agger though fit having returned last week might be left on the bench for Everton. I might update at 19:01 GMT+1 when the team sheets are out. Over 2.5 1.960 10/10 188Bet Over 4.5 at 11/2 with WilliamHill and Bet365 is another option, though the over 3.5 line is thin on correct score ranges at 9/4. Over 4.5 is also backable on Betfair pre commission at 7.20.
+9.6 units Glad the over 4.5 also came in for those who took it, knew 2 - 2 was a slightly weaker park of the range. I thought it could be one of those days when Yakubu missed that penalty midway in the first half to make it 1 - 2.

Re: Blackburn v Liverpool April 10th One of those occasions when thankfully the increase in the Lay odds did frighten me off at kick off and I couldn't see value in the Asian Handicap, but no one could have accounted for what happened in that match. Lee Dixon said cards was a strong bet in his Betfair write up so will have to read all his previews from now on, mind you he also said U 2.5 ! I doubt there were many people on here tonight that got much profit on this ?