Flat Racing 5th April (Folkestone)

3.10 Folkestone Seeking Magic could be a little better than some of these but became very frustrating last year and although did win on last start and did win comfortably 7lb rise might be a little harsh on that form it was a standard big field race at Bath but might be better for the run and not one to take at a short price. A chance is taken on Roodee Queen who hasnt been at her best on the AW, handicapper a little slow to cut some slack but is now on same winning mark at the top of her winning spell last year, a CD winner who might get a soft lead in this race wouldnt mind a small amount of rain over night. 3 runs should atleast set her up nicely for a summer campaign and looks a ad overpriced and worth taking a risk on. 1pt win Roodee Queen 9/1 bet365 4.10 Folkestone Front and prominent runners are often well suited to this course and that bodes well for both my selections today. Iron Condor has always been better on the AW but did finally win on the turf at Yarmouth that earnt him an 11lb rise that has to go down as a huge over reaction in my opinion, the 2nd horse is the only one worthy of any not out of that race and she was proving frustrating at the time and that rise looks very harsh. No great shakes when last seen over hurdles neither. Royal Defence could be well handicapped on his very best form, managed 2 wins last year both coming at Brighton, not the most consistent and record fresh is woeful. Shirataki has enjoyed a good AW season but was far too keen last time out he is the sort to bounce back but has gone up 17lb since last seen on turf and showed nothing on it on 4 outings. Dove Cottage might tow these along but fast ground far from ideal, on a long losing run. If Dove Cottage does need the run Sumani may be the beneficiary of a soft lead in this race. He is fit from a small AW season has taken his time to come to the boil on the back of a long break but did win on penultimate start, 3lb rise not excessive and relatively lightly raced for a 6yr old and may just have a little more to offer. Excuses last time out over a trip that clearly stretched him. 1pt win Sumani 9/2 pp

Re: Flat Racing 5th April (Folkestone)

3.10 Folkestone Seeking Magic could be a little better than some of these but became very frustrating last year and although did win on last start and did win comfortably 7lb rise might be a little harsh on that form it was a standard big field race at Bath but might be better for the run and not one to take at a short price. A chance is taken on Roodee Queen who hasnt been at her best on the AW, handicapper a little slow to cut some slack but is now on same winning mark at the top of her winning spell last year, a CD winner who might get a soft lead in this race wouldnt mind a small amount of rain over night. 3 runs should atleast set her up nicely for a summer campaign and looks a ad overpriced and worth taking a risk on. 1pt win Roodee Queen 9/1 bet365
Im on this one too, for more or less the same reason although I think the favourite is a worthy one if he can overcome the layoff. I will probably look to do them both in a small RF as well depending on the prices although I wouldnt be surprised to see the favourite drift in the morning.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.