Back on the Nags

It's been a while since I have shown an interest in horse racing, but after a few bets last week at Cheltenham last week I've got the bug again. I went on a losing run throughout last year and eventually became fed up. This time round I'm going to adopt a different approach. Instead of going out day after day seeking out bets, I'm going to wait and let these bets come to me. How am I going to do this I hear you ask??... I am going to create a portfolio of horses that I will back next time out under certain conditions. I will do this as follows: Every Wednesday I shall buy the Weekender paper with all the previous weeks results, I plan to read it cover to cover and pick up every insight of information, but my main use will be for the results section. I will sift threw each race meeting and make a note of horses I feel may be worth following. It will be trial and error at first but Im going to give it good go. To start with, I will be looking for the following horses: - Met trouble in running and could well have finished a higher placing had they not met trouble - Ran on or stayed on - Earned the comment "jumped well" - Where running well before falling or unseating rider - Beat home higher rated horses - Ran a fast time compared to similar race on card - Outperformed their SP - Distances where strung out - Inconvenienced by the draw - Inconvenienced by pace There will be no set rules for the above, just my own judgement. I will look to update this thread atleast once a week with my shortlist and possbly post in BBOTD any that I back on the day. Constructive critiscm and advice very welcome.

Re: Back on the Nags youve got some good ideas there .......horses that had bad luck in running or had poor draw and still ran well ,running wide can lose 3-5 lengths at the end so anything like that worth noting and you generally get a good price next time they run because the bookies overlook in favour of winners etc good luck with it ...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.