Did anyone back Kauto Star ?

According to Hill's online they took 50,000 bets on Kauto and 30,000 on Long Run . Personally I could not understand why he was 3/1 at the off. For me and a lot of my punting pals , Kauto could not win. So where did all this money come from to force it down to 3/1 ? In my opinion a lot of professional money would have been on Long Run with a little spread amongst the EW contenders. Do you think the Kauto was artificially shortened to get more mug money on , the professional opinion was that he would not win. I cannot see a lot of money for Kauto other than from casual small punters. It did occur to me before the race that they would do a " Istabraaq ".

Re: Did anyone back Kauto Star ? No, I thought Kauto couldn't win but was still a mug as I was on Long Run instead. :loon Seriously, I think many people just followed their hearts and had a last bet on Kauto. I know from a friend who makes a living with in-running trading and he had just for the emotions a very big bet on "his" legend Kauto Star... so I guess he wasn't the only one who had an emotional bet in the Gold Cup.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.