Grands Crus goes RSA

Re: Grands Crus goes RSA People always say plenty of time but this is not always the case, horses get injured, next years Gold Cup might be considerably better than this years line up. Probably the right choice really in the end though

Re: Grands Crus goes RSA good choice IMO, although i now oppose it in the RSA which isnt a great race to win, often the winner goes onto nothing, exception in recent years is Denman who went on to win Gold cup. Grand Crus is a thorough stayer and i would say it will be 1st 3 in the RSA and come back and win the Hennessey in November before taking on Gold cup 2013.

Re: Grands Crus goes RSA Would very much like to weigh in on this now. Regrettably, my procrastination and lack of nerve will as always see me doing it as £5 single, or bottling it entirely and putting it in a lucky 15. While i'm happy as this means my Cheltenham accumulator will actually happen, I can't help but wonder if he went in the gold cup, would he have done it. Would've definitely took him e/w for it, don't really see how distance would be too much of an issue as he never seemed like a fader over hurdles and to my mind, has never earned a stern test over fences. Then again, maybe its the lack of that real test that caused the decision in the first place.

Re: Grands Crus goes RSA I believe he'd have foundered in a fast run Gold Cup, this is much more the sensible decision for a novice. Yes, some winners have struggled afterwards and apart from Denman previous winners of this race include Garrison Savannah, Minnehoma, Florida Pearl, Looks Like Trouble and interestingly enough Alberta Run back in 2008. He has the potential if he progresses to be a major force next year.