Jump Racing Tuesday 6th

3.30 Exeter Drybrook Bedouin 1.5pts EW @ 10/1 Ladbrokes
Going to take a chance on the Nick Mitchell trained Drybrook Bedouin who goes well at the track. He does have to put a poor effort at Wetherby behind him but he may have found the ground softer than ideal that day and I am willing to give him another chance back at Exeter. His record at the track reads 2-3-1-1 with one of those wins coming over CD. He actually ran in this race last year off a 7lb lower mark and did well to finish 3
rd
. He followed that with a dismal effort at Wincanton where he was pulled up before going on to win next time out over CD by 13 lengths. It looks very similar to his prep for this race as he won at the track over 4m a couple of runs ago before putting in that poor effort at Wincanton. S Clements is back on board today, which will be because he claims 7lbs and has won on the horse in the past. Interestingly enough when this horse won over 4m a couple of runs ago Nick Schofield was on board and he won that day off 117. Today he runs off 123 but the jockey claims 7lbs so he is effectively 1lb lower for this race. I do think this race will have been the target and I would not be surprised to see a much better run from him. Last year’s winner Ammunition is now a 12 year old and although he runs here off the same mark, I am happy to take him on with the yard not really firing yet. Alderluck is another joint favourite but he has plenty of weight to carry and has to prove himself over this trip. Upham Atom needed every bit of the trip last time out and should go well if he is fully over those exertions. Diamond Brook has to improve on his 2 latest runs but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if he were to do so. Flying Squad goes for the in form Susan Gardner and can’t be totally dismissed and Mortimers Cross is chasing a hat trick. It looks a competitive race but Drybrook Bedouin loves the track and I am hopeful that will give him the edge over his rivals.