Help needed with working out stakes for my system

Here's my method. Pick one race and back 2 horses to win. I want to make a profit of 3 points per race. After a losing race i will not try to recover the profit not made. On the next race i will aim only for the stake lost in the previous race; no 3 point target. Question: How do I work out how much to bet on each the two horses, is there a formula you can share with me? Scenario: Day 1 Horse A is 2-1 Horse B is 5-2 This is the first bet and the aim is to win 3 points profit. How much do I stake on each horse. Both horses lost Day 2 Horse A is 6-4 Horse B is 2-1 The aim is to recover ONLY the stakes lost on day 1. Again, How much do I stake on each horse. Appreciate your help. Appreciate a step by step showing of the 'formula' and how it works. Hope this is not asking too much.

Re: Help needed with working out stakes for my system i did have a formula written down to do this calculation but i cant find it unfortunately .......if i were you i would go to www.arbcruncher.com and select the multiback tool . type in your odds in decimal on the left in the numbered columns 1 and 2 ,then click on horse 1 move over to the stake column and rough guess what you would expect to stake to win 3pts from horse 1 and type that figure into the stake column next to horse 1 .....click on the calculate button at the bottom and it will automatically calculate your stake for horse 2 . you can just play adjusting your stake on horse 1 then pressing the calculate button until both horses show the 3 pts profit you require in the profit column next day you just do the same again and just adjust the figure accordingly and you dont need to piss around with complex formulas .......i just did your calculations in 30 secs on there and it was easy peasy set the commision to 0 if your not using betting exchange