Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb

staffy

[TABLE=class: odds allOdds] [TR] [TH][TABLE=class: SortLinks] [TR] [TD=class: sortLinkLeft][/TD] [TD=class: sortLinkRight][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH]v6122.gif[/TH] [TH]v6303.gif[/TH] [TH]v6218.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6041.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6318.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6287.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6093.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6173.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor] Cardiff City[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B D]9.74[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]8.11[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]8.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]9.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B X]10[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor] Draw[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B D]4.56[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.45[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B X U]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor] Liverpool[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.32[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.38[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.35[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.38[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]1.39[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]1.42[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb As this is a chance for Liverpool to win a trophy and gain some self-confidence, I cannot see other outcome than their win. They beat Brighton with 6:1, almost full squad, hungry for good games. Cardiff will try to defend and wait for extra-time, but I think that we won't reach extra-time in this match. Liverpool win @1,42 Liverpool -1 @1,9

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb Wouldn't touch Liverpool on a -1 or straight win. Cardiff have a decent side, and will put up a decent fight against Liverpool. It definitely won't be easy for them. Could be something in the unders or something, given the way Liverpool have been performing this season, setting themselves up quite organised and struggling to put teams away. Especially sides like Cardiff who won't see as much of the ball and will look to catch Liverpool out on the odd moment. Just the way Liverpool have struggled to put sides away would put me off the -1. Brighton are more of a get the ball down and pass it type of Championship side, while Cardiff have some experienced players and are capable of competing at a higher level. Then you have to take into account the unfamiliarity of the Wembley pitch that is another factor. The occasion, and the desperation for a cup on both sides may mean that a 1-0 to Liverpool will be good enough. After all, they don't need to go out and win four or five nil to take the cup home.

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb Liverpool to win on penalties: 16/1 (Skybet) I too think Liverpool will win, but, like Jase I see no value at all in the prices. Seeing as Liverpool never do things the easy way (think 2001 League Cup Final; 2001 Uefa Cup Final; 2001 FA Cup, 2005 Champions League, 2006 FA Cup final...you get the gist) and Cardiff will have prepared like hell for this and seing as a lot of finals go to penalties after a stalemate on 90 minutes (i.e. teams failing to win in extra time) and as much as I'd love to see LFC have an easy 3-0 win for a change I'm happy to back this at the price quoted. Good luck all.

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb I was looking around the confusing normal handicap markets for Liverpool -2 (-2.5), and saw prices ranging from 12/5 to 11/4, pretty reasonable I thought, perhaps worth a punt... THEN I saw Unibet had it at 4.20 and Stanjames at 10/3 (4.33)! Pretty crazy odds if you ask me. For a test, I dangled £2 over the exchanges (minimum bet) to Back at 4.00 (they will be the bookie at around 4.25, depending on their commission, and no-one wanted to match me and be the bookie. I thought better do another test, perhaps it was the small amount putting people off and did £25 at 3.75, (some other more cautious bookies were offering about 3.75 (11/4)), and yet again no fish took the bait. I presumed this must be value and shoved a max bet on Stanjames and Unibet at 4.33 and 4.20 respectively. Liverpool -2 Euro SJ/Uni effective 4.26 3/10 Ahem, some of you might have realised I had a terrible day in the Premier league, and might be trying to chase back losses, so I guess I need abit more reasoning behind this. Anyways I am sober and in a calm mood, though this bet does look crazy considering its a cup final. For a bet at 10/3 to be profitable, you need it to win more than 23% of the time. Liverpool recently especially in cup competitions have had a habit of smashing in goals against lower league opposition, such as Oldham and Brighton. Some have critisised their performances against "smaller" clubs and only perform against the likes of the Manchester and top London clubs. However this is a cup final and theres no reason why all of the players (including the Cardiff players) will put out a big game performance. Together with their recent success in the FA cup scoring goals for fun, I'd expect to see a comfortable win for Liverpool. Cardiff will also rise to the occasion, but Liverpool's extra quality should be amplified. They will have to go all out on the attack should they fall behind and Liverpool wont sit back and invite pressure, but instead put the game to bed. Theya re a good counter attacking side and I see a thrashing when Cardiff needs to take the initiative.

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb I think under 2,75 might be worth a punt as both teams do not want to being ahead quickly into the match. I really think that both tams will look for a save defense to the beginning especially the Welsh underdog. Even if Liverpool will do a quick goal I really think they won't go that quickly for a second one. So what are your thoughts?

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Liverpool will be looking for some glory as it has been a few barren years since their last trophy, so expect them to be too good for Cardiff here. Their defence has been very good for the most part this year, and if Cardiff persist with the long ball forward, then there is plenty of height there to meet it. Though Cardiff had the better of the play against Crystal Palace in the semi finals, there looked a distinct lack of quality that will be required to outplay Liverpool here, and otherwise they are relying on plenty of luck to come their way. Would not be surprised that Dalgleish plays with Bellamy and Suarez out wide, with Carroll in the middle in a 3-pronged attack, with Gerrard and probably Spearing in the middle. Especially with Suarez, Cardiff will not be used to playing against such a tricky player, and can see him lifting here to give back to the fans, something they have missed over the last few months. Obvious class difference between the two sides, and though Cardiff should start strong, believe that they will fade in the second half, and Liverpool will run over the top of them. Season record: 120-140 (+21.71)

Re: Carling Cup Final > 26 Feb

Liverpool to win on penalties: 16/1 (Skybet) I too think Liverpool will win, but, like Jase I see no value at all in the prices. Seeing as Liverpool never do things the easy way (think 2001 League Cup Final; 2001 Uefa Cup Final; 2001 FA Cup, 2005 Champions League, 2006 FA Cup final...you get the gist) and Cardiff will have prepared like hell for this and seing as a lot of finals go to penalties after a stalemate on 90 minutes (i.e. teams failing to win in extra time) and as much as I'd love to see LFC have an easy 3-0 win for a change I'm happy to back this at the price quoted. Good luck all.
well done mate, always worth a cover anyway as th eprice is normally 10/1 + but 16/1 is a cracking price ,

well done mate' date=' always worth a cover anyway as th eprice is normally 10/1 + but 16/1 is a cracking price ,[/quote'] Yup, seconded. Really expected Liverpool to get it done in normal time, but Cardiff were very good. Gotta say too his penalty miss was probably Gerrard's most positive contribution to that match, so why people are talking about him as the England captain right now.

Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Liverpool will be looking for some glory as it has been a few barren years since their last trophy, so expect them to be too good for Cardiff here. Their defence has been very good for the most part this year, and if Cardiff persist with the long ball forward, then there is plenty of height there to meet it. Though Cardiff had the better of the play against Crystal Palace in the semi finals, there looked a distinct lack of quality that will be required to outplay Liverpool here, and otherwise they are relying on plenty of luck to come their way. Would not be surprised that Dalgleish plays with Bellamy and Suarez out wide, with Carroll in the middle in a 3-pronged attack, with Gerrard and probably Spearing in the middle. Especially with Suarez, Cardiff will not be used to playing against such a tricky player, and can see him lifting here to give back to the fans, something they have missed over the last few months. Obvious class difference between the two sides, and though Cardiff should start strong, believe that they will fade in the second half, and Liverpool will run over the top of them.
:wall That was rubbish. Even in second gear they made enough chances to win the game. Cardiff score with their only chance in the game (in normal time) while Liverpool throw away chance after chance with some poor options. Season record: 120-142 (+19.71)

well done mate' date=' always worth a cover anyway as th eprice is normally 10/1 + but 16/1 is a cracking price ,[/quote'] Thanks mate. Yes, they put us through the wringer again. As you say, the price was just too good to turn down! A very nice end to a quite stressful match!