What a farce!!!!!

Can anybody tell me how those those imbeciles[that would be the wolverhampton stewards] can give NICKY Mckay a ten day ban for his ride in the 3-40:@????? It was quite obvious to anybody with the remostest grasp of inteligence and commen sense ,that the jockey had to take action for his own safety and try and stop the horse hanging violently and quite possibly taking him over the rails!!!,you can actually see that the horse bounced off the rails at least twice!!!! Total farce!!!.......if anything those idiots need a 10 day stint in the village stocks so they can be pelted with rotten fruit and veg by all and sundry:ok

Re: What a farce!!!!! was only a 5 day ban,reduced from 7 days as the stewards reduced the whip count to 9 instead of ten,he used the last 2 whips to win the race if he had not he would not have won,if you watch the replay you can see the horse had straightened up and was give 2 full smacks to win the race,the ban was doubled to 10 days as it was his second offence,odds on backers should pay his prize money losses.

Re: What a farce!!!!!

was only a 5 day ban' date='reduced from 7 days as the stewards reduced the whip count to 9 instead of ten,he used the last 2 whips to win the race if he had not he would not have won,if you watch the replay you can see the horse had straightened up and was give 2 full smacks to win the race,the ban was doubled to 10 days as it was his second offence,odds on backers should pay his prize money losses.[/quote'] Watch the race again......the bulk of the whip strikes were when the horse was veering towards and bouncing off the rails,the jockey had no choice but to take drastic action with the whip as feared he could have ended over the rails,then anything could have happened.......alll of which would have been fraught with danger and serious injury!!!!!!!INCREDULOUSLY.......the stewards thought he was never even in the slightest bit of danger!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............the mind boggles!:eyes

Re: What a farce!!!!! He has no argument the whip was not used as a corrective measure, watch Joe fanning on Emery in the 4.10 that is how to ride a horse that wants to hang and doss about, slaps down the neck and waving the whip and forcing the reins are all other ways to deal with a hanging horse, he didn't whip the horse when it hung round the 1st bend. Rules are rules i'm afraid and i have no sympathy, i still maintain that the best jockeys have not recieved bans flat or jumps, it's run of the mill jockeys that are getting found out, standards will improve it will just take time to weed out the poor jocks.

Re: What a farce!!!!!

He has no argument the whip was not used as a corrective measure' date=' watch Joe fanning on Emery in the 4.10 that is how to ride a horse that wants to hang and doss about, slaps down the neck and waving the whip and forcing the reins are all other ways to deal with a hanging horse, he didn't whip the horse when it hung round the 1st bend. Rules are rules i'm afraid and i have no sympathy, i still maintain that the best jockeys have not recieved bans flat or jumps, it's run of the mill jockeys that are getting found out, standards will improve it will just take time to weed out the poor jocks.[/quote'] I agree with you up to a point. By using the whip excessively he did gain an unfair advantage, but I wouldn't exactly call Soumillion or Hughes poor jocks!

Re: What a farce!!!!! The jockey said he knew he was over the limit and as the poster earlier said the horse had straightened up in the last furlong where he smacked the horse 2 or 3 more times. At that stage there was no danger of him going over the rails or anything so i dont think he has much of a defence despite the usual over the top screams from those who are just against the whip rules full stop. I have never ridden a horse so wouldnt know how dangerous the situation was, he never used the whip when the horse went wide earlier in the race and to say he didnt use it to try and win the race is misguided, if he knew he was over the limit he should have ended the race with hands and heels like many top jocks do. Hopefully the rules will be amended by Cheltenham and the use of the whip raised to 10 which i think will satisfy most people, if you go over that then you have no excuses.