** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Darts - Week 2

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 16 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Van Barneveld, R (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Hamilton, A (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.77 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Painter, K (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Wade, J (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 Okay, got some picks for tomorrow Lewis - van Barneveld Lewis throwing great last week. Had a great average against Phil Taylor (around the 105) and looks in form for the Premier League. He had no changes against Phil, when he grow up in the match. Raymond van Barneveld looks on his way back at the top. Throwing not good at the PDC World Cup, but stand his man against Whitlock. Throwing good and he was happy with is match. 6/10 Lewis tb. van Barneveld @ 1.73 WilliamHill Anderson - Hamilton Anderson throwing a terrible match against Painter last week. Dramatic scores and finishes and bot players had a average around 85. Hamilton are super in his match against Wade. Very good win and he looks very concentrating and motivated to throw in this Premier League season. But i think he can setting forward this niveau in this match. 4/10 Hamilton +2.5 legs tb. Anderson @ 1.80 ​StanJames

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 Well up 6.8 pts from week 1. Looking forward to week 2: Barney score most 180s in his match 3.25 at BetFred 3pts Lewis never inspires me with confidence in the PL on the 180s, and has a history average of 0.27 while Barney isn't much better has around 0.28. I think that the price is to big to turn down based on how they perform. Anderson, G v Hamilton checkout U 123.5 5/6 at paddypower 4.5 pts I don't know much about Hamilton, but last season Anderson only achieved this once (though did hit 121 3 times), so providing Hamilton isn't a checkout king, then this seems very good value. Over 120.5 Phil Taylor v Kevin Painter: Highest Checkout Evns at skybet 7pts I don't really like betting on matches with new players, but this bet looks outstanding. Taylor on his own has achieved this in 37% of his matches, I understand he is not as good as he was but still achieved this in 3 of his last 6 PL matches. Painter hit this himself last week, but even if he only does this 25% of the time (which is very low) they odds would still be very good value. Wade highest checkout 2.1 at StanJames 6pts I don't know why, but I like watching Wade and he is one of my favourite players, but that shouldn't make any difference to where the money goes. Comparing highest checkout Wade PL average is 106 v 104 for Whitlock. In there last 6 respective PL matches Wade has an average of 136 checkout 5 being over 100 (2 170s) and the other game being 98, while Whitlock only broke 100 once (a 170). I know most of the stats are from last season, but I think its a good indicator and this is another good price.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 6pts - Whitlock v Wade - Wade highest checkout over 102.5 @ 1.83 WilliamHill Great stuff in here last week guys. One that I really like the look of tomorrow and I am will get involved with a decent bet Even when not at his best in a leg Wade is more than capable of punishing his opponents with big checkouts. He managed a 126 and 121 in the 5 legs he won against the hammer. With the scoring power of Whitlock I think Wade will have to check out similar scores tomorrow just to stay in the game. Last week Wade finished with a three dart average of 91.20 compared to Whitlocks 95.80. I'm a big Wade fan and although I won't back him to win tomorrow I think he is capable of giving Whitlock a decent game, and I will back him to cover this line along the way.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 A few early ones for me this week. +6 I ended up last week after Lewis watched Taylor score like he was using a hedgehog :eek. 3pts A.Hamilton to beat G.Anderson 11/4 Boylesports Follows on from last week this really. Gary Anderson was absolutely horrible last week. I've never seen him play that badly. I know he can miss a double and expect him to miss every time he throws for one now but for him to score that badly too was worrying. He barely averaged 80 in that match last week and 80 doesn't get you a win in my pub league let alone the McCoys Premier League. We have to expect him to score better this week but there's no guarantee he'll pin the doubles still. If you look at him when he is playing he gives off the body language that he'd rather be anywhere other than the stage and that's a concern for him. Andy Hamilton is exactly the opposite. He's having the time of his life at the minute and playing the best darts he's ever played. He was a very good match for James Wade last week and it was only a couple of top finishes which kept Wade as close as 8-5. Hamilton averaged a shade under a ton last week and almost 20pts higher than Anderson and that's a huge gap to fill even if they may meet a little bit more in the middle. This is all about if Anderson hits doubles or not. If he does he'll probably win but in front of an expectant home crowd with the pressure on I'm far from convinced. As long as Hamilton handles the crowd I think he'll win this. We need to remember the crowd put Anderson off in Scotland when he played Lewis last year and if they put him off again or put too much pressure on him then this 11/4 will look big quickly. If Hamilton goes 5-1 up on the Scot he won't surrender like Painter did. Too many doubts over Anderson and so I think the Hammer is a superb bet here. 7pts P.Taylor (-3.5 legs) to beat K.Painter 5/6 Blue Square 1pt P.Taylor to win 8-0 25/1 Coral I think this -3.5 legs line is a superb line to smash into. Phil Taylor has wowed me many times in his career but I was gobsmacked by what he produced last week. He was 6-1 down to Adrian Lewis and playing well averaging 106 he was simply get blown away by a runaway train. To then go into overdrive when he knew any mistake would lose him the match and end up averaging as good as 113 was incredible. He would have averaged nearly 120 for those last 7 legs and that's insane darts. Compare that to Kevin Painter who needed two good closing out legs to make it up to an 82 average. I fear for Painter here I really do. Ok Painter isn't going to play as badly as that in this match you wouldn't think but has he really got a 105ish average in him which he will need to stay close to Taylor on the form of last week? I'm not sure he has. Even if Taylor goes back to the 98ish average he had against Chisnall in the World Championship, does Painter have that? Again I'm not convinced. The other thing we have to factor into the mix is the head to head record between the two. They've met 27 times in competition and Painter's solitary win was in a double start format over the best of 3 sets in the Grand Prix in 2001. Of course Painter pushed Taylor all the way in the World final in 2004 but he's barely done that since. Their last five meetings have been 13-3, 6-1, 9-0, 16-4 and 6-1. If Taylor is anything like last week then Painter won't just win less than 5 legs, he probably won't win one at all. There's never been any love lost between these two although they are better than they were with each other but even so Taylor won't mind dishing out an 8-0 win. I'll cover that just in case but the main bet is a very chunky bet on Taylor to win no worse than 8-4.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 Good week in the forum last week so let's hope that continues for the rest of the tournament. +3.79 for me last week which I'll look to build on in tonight/tomorrows session. Adrian Lewis vs Raymond van Barneveld- Over 6.5 180s- 10/11 Blue Square- (4/10) Adrian Lewis Highest Match Checkout Over 106.5- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Both of these guys played really well last week and both were perhaps a bit unlucky to only pick up a point from their matches. Lewis was 6-1 up against Taylor before the Power finally woke up and produced his darts of old which was a joy to see. Taylor ended up with a sensational average of above the 110 mark which shows how well Lewis played to even get a draw. This should be a tad easier for him but a win is certainly no sure thing if Barney can repeat his performance from last week. He scored really well and ended up with a ton plus average himself in a match he dominated really. Lewis should sneak it I think but like I said, that's not a certainty but what I do expect is to see a fair few maximums in this one. Barney hit 5 last week against Whitlock whilst Lewis hit 4 and I'd fancy both to pound the lipstick again this week. It should be a good one to watch if Barney plays how he did last week and given this price on the 180s is quite a bit higher than most places have it, I'm happy to back us seeing at least 7 maximums in this one. I'm also taking the Lewis checkout again for the second week running as his finishing last week was superb and the line still looks extremely low to me. He took out a 138 finish early on against Taylor last week and he didn't miss a double for the first 5 or 6 legs and given the line is set at a routine 3 dart finish, I'll back Jackpot to notch up at least 1 finish of 107 or higher. Andy Hamilton to beat Gary Anderson- 13/5 Sportingbet- (3/10) Andy Hamilton (+2.5 legs) to beat Gary Anderson- 17/20 Sportingbet- (4/10) Again only taking these with sportingbet because I have some money in my account but still would advise others to take this bet with someone else given their deposit fees at the minute. I don't really get why the Hammer is such a big price to beat Anderson really. I've spoken a lot about Gary Anderson in my outrights and stuff and last week's performance did little to change my opinion on him at the minute. The 8-6 defeat to Kevin Painter flattered him, and that's saying something, really it is. He was dismal in truth, averaging a shade over 80 with some horrible scoring and some abysmal finishing to go with it. He was slightly fortunate Painter only averaged 82 and didn't finish well either otherwise it could well have been a whitewash given how the Scot played. I don't expect him to play as badly as he did last week given how he'll have the home support tonight but I'm really not convinced with his game at the minute. He will be fancied to get his first win tonight by many given how he's playing arguably the 7th best player in the PL this year, but this is a guy who is a World Championship finalist, and a guy who beat James Wade last week with an average of just under 100 which is certainly easier said than done. He didn't show any signs of nerves unlike Painter on his PL debut and could have actually beaten Wade by a bigger margin than he did. He scored well whilst his finishing was solid for the majority as well and there's not a lot that seems to be fazing Hamilton at the minute as his game looks better than ever. Regardless of the home support, I really can't back Anderson at the minute and as we've seen from him last week and in the past, his finishing is seemingly getting worse and worse which could be down to his shoulder, I'm not sure. Hamilton has the scoring ability to stay close to Anderson even if the Scot scores well but from last week's evidence, that really doesn't look all that likely. You'd have to think that Anderson will play better, he can't really play much worse but I'll sway with the Hammer here and back him to keep the pressure on the defending champ and send him to a second defeat in as many weeks. Simon Whitlock to beat James Wade- 10/11 William Hill- (4/10) Simon Whitlock (-2.5 legs) to beat James Wade- 6/4 Bet365- (3/10) Think the Aussie will win this one in truth. He didn't play all that well against Barney last week with his finishing well below Whitlock's high standards but he still managed to grind out a draw and showed glimpses of the form he showed at Ally Pally. Not sure if nerves played a part at all with the man from down under but anyhow, I expect him to have settled down a bit and feel more at home tonight. Wade will be hugely disappointed with the way he played last week and but for a couple of decent checkouts, he was staring down the barrel at a hammering. In a way, Hamilton and Whitlock's game are fairly similar in the sense that both score extremely well and are usually pretty solid when it comes down to the doubles. The problem here for Wade is that if Whitlock scores heavily from the outset, he'll find it hard to keep up and get a shot at a double. He's extremely consistent without really having that ability to seriously score leg after leg. You'll see him hit a lot of tons and 140s, whilst Whitlock, when playing well will turn those scores into maximums. If he does that and obviously finishes better than last week like I expect him to do, I don't see him slipping up and I fancy the Aussie to be sitting pretty contently on 3 points after the match. Also taking the handicap given the decent price on it and if he throws first, he'll only need one break and if he's scoring well, fancy him to win a little more comfortably than some may think.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 Difficult to add any special motivation after both Kevshat and Fishy25 explained in super way the reasonings behind their selections which are very similar to mine. I'm on Simon Whitlock to beat James Wade @ 10/11, Andy Hamilton to beat Gary Anderson @ 13/5 and Phil Taylor (-3.5 legs) to beat Kevin Painter @ 5/6. Whitlock has been impressive in all his last tournaments and had a fantastic game with Barney last week while James Wade is surely not at the top of his game at the moment. Whitlock is ahead of Wade in the h2hs (10-7) and won just one year ago their first match in 2011 Premier League of Darts (8-5). After 2011 PL they met 5 times and the Australian ace won all of them. Moreover Wade has a very bad record when playing late in the night as reported last week by Sama_SamPa. Phil beat Kevin in that epic final in the World Championships (7 sets to 6 in 2004) and The Power lost only once in 26 matches played versus The Artist usually smashing him (13-3, 6-1, 9-0, 16-4, 6-1 the results of their last 5 matches). Kevin is back at the top of his game after his deserved success at the Players Championship Final and had a good start of his first ever PL last week beating Gary Anderson but still was miles away from the level shown by Phil Taylor in his epic comeback vs Adrian Lewis on the same night. Anderson was very poor once again last week and even if he is at home tonight I can't do anything else than opposing him at these prices vs the in-form Andy Hamilton who won a nice match vs Wade to start his PL campaign and is in rock solid form since his fantastic run at the Ally Pally few weeks ago. Anderson leads 10-2 the head to heads with Hamilton but at these prices that's just a must bet.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2 Lewis v Barneveld I was impressed by the way Barney hit back to take the draw against Whitlock last week, having allowed a lead to slip away and fall a break behind. That said there's not another player, other than Taylor, who would have avoided an absolute shellacking against Lewis in Manchester. I've had my fingers burnt by Lewis following an impressive PL appearance with a dire one, but I am going to put my trust in his double-World champ mettle for this season, until such time as he proves otherwise. 1.25pts Lewis to win 8-1 @ 25/1 Bet365 1.25pts Lewis to win 8-3 @ 13/2 Bet365 Anderson v Hamilton Hamilton, last week, won easily, and played well considering it was his PL debut. Anderson, meanwhile, was nothing short of atrocious in losing to Painter. Despite all that, I think Anderson will bounce back in front of a passionate Scottish crowd. Whilst the Glaswegians got to Anderson with their treatment of Lewis last season, the Aberdonians were more respectful, and Anderson averaged over a ton in beating Jenkins easily. I can understand all those taking the odds on Hamilton, but I think Anderson will throw like he can at 'home' tonight. 1.25pts Anderson to win 8-1 @ 18/1 Bet365 1.25pts Anderson to win 8-3 @ 13/2 Bet365 Taylor v Painter Hard to add to those thoughts already posted really. Painter faced probably the worst that Anderson has ever played last week, and still nearly threw it away; whilst Taylor was playing fantasy darts in pegging Lewis back. If Taylor is within 80% of his best, then that should still be too good tonight. 1.25pts Taylor to win 8-1 @ 11/1 WH 1.25pts Taylor to win 8-3 @ 11/2 WH Whitlock v Wade Whitlock had a very enjoyable, and good quality, match with Barney last week, both deserving the share of the spoils they got. Wade was some way below par against Hamilton and never ever looked like winning. Given I illustrated last week just how much worse Wade's record is in the final 2 matches of a PL night than in the 1st 2 matches, I have to go with the Aussie to hand a 2nd straight defeat to the Machine. 1.25pts Whitlock to win 8-3 @ 9/1 WH 1.25pts Whitlock to win 8-5 @ 11/2 WH

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2

1.25pts Anderson to win 8-1 @ 18/1 Bet365 1.25pts Anderson to win 8-3 @ 13/2 Bet365 1.25pts Whitlock to win 8-3 @ 9/1 WH 1.25pts Whitlock to win 8-5 @ 11/2 WH
8-2 and 8-4 :eyes Not giving up though. -10 for tonight, -12.5 overall Well done winners And well done to The Power too :notworthy

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 2

Okay, got some picks for tomorrow Lewis - van Barneveld Lewis throwing great last week. Had a great average against Phil Taylor (around the 105) and looks in form for the Premier League. He had no changes against Phil, when he grow up in the match. Raymond van Barneveld looks on his way back at the top. Throwing not good at the PDC World Cup, but stand his man against Whitlock. Throwing good and he was happy with is match. 6/10 Lewis tb. van Barneveld @ 1.73 WilliamHill :wall Anderson - Hamilton Anderson throwing a terrible match against Painter last week. Dramatic scores and finishes and bot players had a average around 85. Hamilton are super in his match against Wade. Very good win and he looks very concentrating and motivated to throw in this Premier League season. But i think he can setting forward this niveau in this match. 4/10 Hamilton +2.5 legs tb. Anderson @ 1.80 ​StanJames :wall
Another losing night.