Cheltenham Chat

Re: Cheltenham Chat It was a class meeting with all the up's and down's as per, really sad in seeing Kauto N/F in the Gold Cup reminded me alot of the great Istabraq, as a long time racing fan its never nice viewing. Still never been at Cheltenham but would love to go ''just a timing thing'' I was well down today and had to pick the line out the bin as i thought the Champ was never getting up OR getting into it, the buzz i still have the now might take a few days to cool down lol, its another memory that will stay with me for life, and if it wasn't for memories like today we would not keep coming back for more. To some it up.......Big Bucks was pure class in the world hurdle ''Stunning'' Very sad seeing Kauto pull up, AP stole the show with that ride in the Gold Cup. He deserved it and i Thank him. Horse-Racing-Tony-McCoy-to-ride-Price-Of-Fire-51754.jpg See yous back here in 2013, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa come racing.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Cheltenham Chat I'm kanackered!! Could not go through one more day - the Festival is the perfect length. Some great tipping on here too... To be fair, I think the Bookmakers have given the punter every chance with some of their offers this year - it's been great. Ride of the meeting was Barry Gerhety aboard Riverside Theatre for me with APs 2 today close behind. Rides on Rock On Ruby and Overturn were fairly special too. Big Bucks was amazing - especially considering the stable form too... That would be my equine performance of the week. On a personal level, not getting one of 4 horses placed in the World Hurdle (major trading going on!) and/or the Hurricane 1st or 2nd were my major dissappointments - very unlike Ruby ride on that one I thought. Am too tired to sleep! Can't turn brain off!!:lol

Re: Cheltenham Chat

Yeah I think if I hear Cheltenham again tomorrow, I'm going to scream. :) PL had some great offers from the bookies and I don't think I've ever worked that hard in 4 days ever! :lol We'll be even better for 2013. :ok
Some very good offers this week , however as most members around here are into gambling they may already have accounts opened so may not be entitled to the offers. Would be great if you can get us some great deals on existing accounts for Aintree Thanks

Re: Cheltenham Chat I'm absolutely shattered. I've been up till about 1.30am/2am every night looking through form. Have had plenty where I've backed 2 or 3 in a race and had Cinders and Ashes ante post, got my stake back in the Arkle, had Rock On Ruby ante post and w/o fav on the day, had Kentford Gey Lady w/o Quevega in the Mares Hurdle, had Finian's in the QM, Sir Des Champs in the Jewson, Riverside Theatre in the Ryanair, Brindisi Breeze (saver) in the Albert Bartlett and Bellvano in the last. Done absolutely rubbish in the handicaps and will probably swerve them next year. I like the novice races and the graded races but just can't get the handicaps right at all. A few places here and there but lost on them day in day out. Was having an awful day today, had backed De Boitron and Astracad in the last but had a niggling feeling Carberry would win on Bellvano and got on about 3 mins before the race. Learnt quite a lot this week though watching these races back on RUK. It's all about the stamina, even in the speed races. Class is so important in these major races. Cristal Bonus was around 9-2 yet had won nothing of any note and Peddlers Cross was 7-2 yet had won nothing over fences. I made the mistake of backing Join Together and knew before the race I'd cocked up but learnt from it. Boston Bob had no 3m form and Grands Crus for me was a doubtful stayer. Before the festival Hurricane Fly and Sizing Europe were seen as bankers and Long Run was short but all 3 got turned over. Ruby was the disappointment of the festival for me, poor in so many races. I'm going to have a huge ante post list by next years festival, will keep an eye on all trials races here and in Ireland and just for small stakes keep adding bets up to the festival. I certainly need some help with the handicaps, any suggestions???

Re: Cheltenham Chat Without going through it now (still can't sleep!) I would suggest that maybe the money on the day is often right in the hcap events. That might be utter bollocks too - just didn't like to ignore your question!! Will have a look later... Much, much later!! No stamina anymore!! :lol

Re: Cheltenham Chat I'm pretty happy that it's over. Were some exhausting days. Wasn't really successful for me from a betting perspective. Enjoyed the great sport though. Low point was the first day when Hurricane Fly didn't win. Had a massive antepost bet on him. I'm still really sad about Kauto. To see this legend being pulled up is just sad. I really hoped he could leave the track on a high... well at least he's fine and healthy, that all that really matters ath the end though. Btw, nice article about Kauto: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/cheltenham-festival/9149644/Cheltenham-Festival-2012-Kauto-Star-still-turns-heads-as-his-Gold-Cup-and-almost-certainly-golden-career-ends.html And a nice highlight video by RUK: http://youtu.be/KxPqJsEfkf8

Don't care how bad the renewal was, delighted to see TFR back to his normal self. Cracking effort. The way strong stayers were very tired on decent ground + midnight chase dropping out suggests they went plenty quick enough. Burton Port ran well given less than ideal prep. Does look like a new brigade could take over next year though. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: Cheltenham Chat Indeed. The Gold Cup didn't pan out as anyone expected, I think, the three mile division is very exciting from here on in, you have Bob's Worth and First Lieutenant coming from novice company, Last Instalment will hopefully recover from injury, we could also throw in Hunt Ball to the mix with his startling improvement and I was also impressed with TFR and Burton Port given his limited recent exposure. I had written off Synchronised, I freely admit to being proved totally wrong. Wonder if Riverside Theatre might be worth considering for a switch to 3 miles.

Re: Cheltenham Chat

I'm going to have a huge ante post list by next years festival, will keep an eye on all trials races here and in Ireland and just for small stakes keep adding bets up to the festival. I certainly need some help with the handicaps, any suggestions???
i think phil, there is a bit of an art to the handcaps, 2 i missed this were Attaglance and Cape Tribulation on some minor factors. Son of flicka was a gamble waiting to happen, just look at the races they ran in this season to show you they were protecting his mark for Cheltenham. I always look to horses that look over priced and have some course form. Sailors warn and E Sol were both unlucky not to win yesterday and i felt that both were overpriced and capable of winning. I was thinking of creating some form of spreadsheet for next year to basically input the horses and bin those that dont have any qualifying characteristics about them. A shortlist i find is far better than looking at a 24 runner field.

Re: Cheltenham Chat Day 1 1.30pm - Trifolium e/w 3rd ---- Galileos Choice Lost 2.05pm - Sprinter Sacre - Won 2.40pm - Fruity O'Rooney e/w - 3rd 3.20pm - Hurricane Fly - 3rd Lost Win bet - but had on Patent at 3/1 e/w from last year 4.00pm - Sizing Australia e/w 4th 4.40pm - Hunt Ball e/w - Won Day 2 1.30pm - Teaforthree e/w - Won 2.05pm - Simonsig Won - Monksland e/w 3rd 2.40pm - Bob's Worth e/w - Won 3.20pm - Finian's Rainbow e/w Won - Sizing Europe e/w from last year 2nd 4.00pm - Lost was on Final Approach. 4.40pm - Edymi e/w 2nd - Kazilian e/w 4th 5.15pm - Lost was on Moscow Mannon 4th Day 3 1.30pm - Sir Des Champs - Won 2.05pm - Catch Me e/w 2nd - JP McManus & Mccoy target the race 2.40pm - Somersby e/w Lost ran poor - Riverside Theatre Won 3.20pm - Big Bucks - Obviously - WON - Dynaste e/w Lost 4.00pm - Salut Flo - Won - pipe had been singing this up as his best chance. 4.40pm - Lost - Looked at Sunnyhilly boy but for some insane reason did not do it - I used to love this race but gone to pot last 4 years - just choose the most well known horse next year Day 4 1.30pm - Grumetti E/W got him at 12/1 months ago - 3rd 2.05pm - no bet - could not make head or tale of this race 2.20pm - Brindisee Breeze e/w - Won - another trend and form horse.(although dismissed Northern Runner -ve trend) 3.20pm - Long Run 3rd e/w in a patent from last year - 4/1 --- Dismissed Synchronised due to speed figures and reported poor Lexus (oops) although I think Mccoy carried him in a poor gold cup. 4.00pm - Salsify Won - Chaptoturgeon e/w 2nd - Had My Flora Lost - e/w she came 4th not bad 4.40pm - Attaglance e/w Won - Trend horse 5.15pm - Did small e/w on all Hendersons horses as had good week and team in form - so had Bellvano - WON and Tanks for That - 2nd and Anquetta - 4th e/w but get this, also had done Kumbeswar earlier in the week e/w as liked Kings comments .So nice e/w end to the festival . All in all a blinding week and i had 10% of place pot on Tuesday and won £2.00 on the Bodugi site competition at one stage I was 4th !!! - Will try better next year . I cannot wait until next year .

Re: Cheltenham Chat Its always a pleasure following all your comments on this site - its the best I think - I do think its been a bit quiet though this year not as many people contributing. My thanks to all of you and hope to see you next year. Big dissapointments - Long Run's run and poor old Kauto Star (reminiscent of Istrabaq's final race) really glad he did not get hurt though and definetly a legend. i think it ended as a poor Gold Cup this year. Hurricane Fly and Binocular - felt they both ran poorly. Somersby thought he would place withdrawal of Poquelin with a cut lip - thought he stood a chance at placing this year. being silly enough to believe Weird Al would run a better race than last year in the Gold Cup. Realisation that my Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir earner - method was definetly well and truly dead in the water (I used to pick up a few quid on that race) Grumetti hitting that final Hurdle in the Triumph The death of Garde Champetre in the Cross Country the old stalwart had done me well and deserved a good retirement and also the deaths of the other 4 horses. Joys at the Festival Riverside Theatre,Bob's Worth,Finians Rainbow and Sprinter Sacre - proving all the -ve comments and doubters wrong just wish I had done £50.00 Accumalator