** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Full Tilt Poker return getting close?

GaF

From 2plus2 (Am I blind? I cant find a "quote" icon above! No worries, I can do it manually :))
http://www.gamingintelligence.com/ma...ilt-completion Cliffs of article: - FTP have agreed final terms of forfeiture agreement with DOJ on 24th Jan. - GBT can now hand over $80m needed to purchase. - Tapie hoped to launch by March 1st but likely that he will miss that target. - In negotiations with AGCC, expectation of positive outcome being announced soon. - Tapie to rebrand FTP, same name but redesigning brand. - End of Feb is next deadline, this is when the initial deal with DOJ expires.
EDIT Yes I am blind - it was there all along :)

Re: Full Tilt Poker return getting close? If GBT make the deal then we have to assume they've looked at the figures and see enough future income to outweigh the black marks against the FTP brand. In an ideal world they'll also have enough money to pay back all the players and if they did that i think the vast majority of online players would deposit again on the site. The amount of money needed though to satisfy the DOJ, pay all players back, and invest in marketing to convince the public they're trustworthy is going into the hundreds of millions. Maybe they could fund the heavy advertising campaign with the new players deposits ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Full Tilt Poker return getting close? I've not followed it all too closely, but I think some of them have come out of this looking pretty good - e.g. Durrr Funny rant from Daniel Negreanu here against Ferguson, Lederer and Bitar (he keeps it for the end).