Flat Racing 23rd Jan

3.30 Wolverhampton Staying handicap with a short priced unexposed favourite and a lot of money about for another runner in the field for me makes another runner look a huge price. With a small field theres unlikely to be a too strong gallop and that could find Kames Park out who is reliant on a very strong pace same can be said for Dart aswell and although she is in good form at the moment she has still been well held which would suggest handicap has her at present. Cadgers Brig bolted up off a 14lb lower mark but has been found wanting off that higher mark since and unlikely to get a soft lead with Bow River Arch in the field she is consistent but that is about as far as her ability goes in my opinion she is very one paced and if she gets into a battle she tends to always lose out (still a maiden but placed 8 of her 10 starts) Chabada is the unknown quantity making handicap debut having won a maiden at Southwell last time out, market principle clearly didnt run upto standard that day having since won and beaten the the horse that finished 3rd that day. The 2nd has also sprung a surprise at 66/1 in a maiden hurdle so big mixed messages coming from the race and a mark of 73 on the face of it might be a tad harsh having been made to work for the win but of course is open to improvement but not for me at current prices. Wrote this about Maison Brillet on Friday for a race at Lingfield; Maison Brillet bounced back to form last time out at Wolves over 2f shorter, fitness not an issue having been running over hurdles. He could still have more improvement yet as not had much racing for age and last win came off this mark over a year ago and very useful apprentice takes 3lb off and is 3lb ahead of the handicapper here and if proving as good over this trip could be hard to beat. That was over 2mile and ran huge race only just narrowly being defied on the line, drops back 2f today but just as effective at this trip having gone well here over CD on penultimate start, quick run probably not ideal and a 3lb rise in weights makes things harder but he looks overpriced at 11/2 2pt win Maison Brillet 11/2 bet365 5.30 Wolverhampton The top 3 in the handicap all have a lot to prove at the moment and are easily overlooked in current form despite all 3 being well treated on best form. Dazzling Valentine hasnt done a lot wrong recently but handicapper not relenting quick enough and looks held at the moment with a career best required to land this. John Potts might be another that is now higher enough in the weights, all 6 wins have come around here over CD but shaped as though handicapper had him last time out despite finishing 2nd in an amateur event but that form has taken plenty of knocks (except Kiss A Prince) so no surprise he failed to build on it last time out. Vanilla Rum was a 6 length winner of a class 7 event last time out, up 10lb for that looks a little harsh and faces a big ask from a 1lb out of the handicap aswell so effectively 11lb higher today in better race. Although Kiss A Prince was behind John Potts in that weak amateur event but he had been threatening to get his head back infront prior to that and duly obliged back at his favoured Lingfield beating Trip Switch by 2 lengths who won again on Friday very impressively so a 6lb rise shouldnt be a problem if coping with Wolves only had the one opportunity here in that said amateur race so might be capable of going well here. Should Kiss A Prince failed to be so good away from Lingfield Strike Force might be capable of picking up the pieces who's all 5 AW wins have come around here, ran a good race last time out over 2f further fading in closing stages so stamina probably stretched but still beaten less than 2 lengths return to this trip in his favour although never won off this sort of mark his recent efforts suggest he is capable. 2pt win Kiss A Prince 3/1 vc 1pt win Strike Force 7/1 hills

Re: Flat Racing 23rd Jan Wolv 2.30 - Avonrose - win at 6/1 bog Bet365 Yesterday for BBotD i made the mistake of changing my mind and missed a good winner.........:@ So I'm sticking with my first thoughts on this race Avonrose had gradually been getting closer to winning and finally came good last time at southwell, recording a good speed fig in the process Has won here at Wolves over CD Has gone up 3 lbs for that Southwell win which means a career best handicap performance is needed today but I've got doubts about all the other runners so reckon she might get away with it Philip Makin keeps the ride after winning at southwell and he rides Wolverhampton particularly well. The horse is well drawn in 2 with stall 1 a non runner

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.