10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k

Goldenjaguar

The $200,000 Guaranteed tournament on Genting Poker runs every Sunday at 6pm, and is the biggest weekly tournament on our network, iPoker.

Exclusively for Genting Poker players, we are turning this already great tournament into a super bounty tournament!

Every week, starting this Sunday 22

nd January 2012, one of our pro players will be taking part in the tournament. If you knock out our bounty, you’ll win an amazing bounty prize of $10,000!

We’ll publish the identity of our bounty player on our

blog every weekend, so keep an eye on the page for details of this week’s Genting Poker Bounty Pro.

Read all about this great promotion

here.

And finally….

Simply playing this tournament with Genting Poker will instantly earn you enough Rake to qualify for our fantastic Genting Poker Series Rake Chase, which you can read all about

here.

So that’s two great reasons to play the $200k Guaranteed with Genting Poker!

See you at the tables

The Genting Poker Team

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k If I'm understanding this right, does it not seem "wrong" to anyone else? Prize money is being offered as a bounty on a network game by just one skin - this will affect the play and the dynamic at that table, but most players will be being kept in the dark about what is happening and could easily as a result misread what players are doing.

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k

If I'm understanding this right, does it not seem "wrong" to anyone else? Prize money is being offered as a bounty on a network game by just one skin - this will affect the play and the dynamic at that table, but most players will be being kept in the dark about what is happening and could easily as a result misread what players are doing.
got it in one theres lots of sats into this including a 70 seat satty tomorrow

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k games on ipoker network but promo is only run on genting so if u happen to be playing on say titan,, paddy poker, betfred, william hill, to name a few and say u knock out bounty u win nada so kinda good points and bad points as bounty might be on a table where there might be 9 other players on other skins whom may knock out bounty and not realise this but thats thier loss and genting players gain if they get bounty on their table and if they somehow manage to knock them out

If I'm understanding this right, does it not seem "wrong" to anyone else? Prize money is being offered as a bounty on a network game by just one skin - this will affect the play and the dynamic at that table, but most players will be being kept in the dark about what is happening and could easily as a result misread what players are doing.
Well, on average it should benefit players on other skins a little. It will make players on Genting who know what's happening and who are at the same table as the bounty play "badly" (or what would be "badly" if there weren't a bounty).

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k Would there be an easy way of finding out which skins players were playing on if you manage to get on the bounty table?

The Bounty payment will be paid in increments of $1,000 per month for the next 10 months, with the first payment made within 48 hours of the tournament finishing, then being made on or around the 1st of the month each month.
From the T&Cs. Not in time for WSOP this year then.

Would there be an easy way of finding out which skins players were playing on if you manage to get on the bounty table? From the T&Cs. Not in time for WSOP this year then.
You could try to player search them on genting skin, not sure if it will work ? If anyone wants to test this out, ill login to genting whilst there on a diff ipoker skin and see wether i can find them through it?

Well' date=' on average it should benefit players on other skins a little. It will make players on Genting who know what's happening and who are at the same table as the bounty play "badly" (or what would be "badly" if there weren't a bounty).[/quote'] But if players on other skins see you playing badly, and play against you as if you are genuinely playing that badly, then they are deoptimising their own play? Could this effect not be greater than the impact of you deoptimising your own play against a bounty? I know. for example, that if I'm in a tournament and see someone going all in pre flop with 100 big blinds with 72o, then I'll call them down far lighter for my stack. Which I suppose leads on to ways to exploit the opportunity if you are playing. If you have the bounty covered, then it will generally be worth getting it all in pre flop with any 2 cards (if effective stacks are the starting stack sizes, then you are getting odds of about 50-1 against your buy in - you only need 2% equity to "break even" - if effective stacks are double the initial starting stacks, then you are getting about 25-1, so need about 4% equity ..... etc ), especially if it is likely you're the only Genting Player on the table - so you're definitely happy to get it in light against the bounty pre flop. If you're playing a typical TAG game, and getting it in light, then its worth showing your cards - because its not typical of how you're playing and it could encourage action when you do make your move with Aces later on.

But if players on other skins see you playing badly, and play against you as if you are genuinely playing that badly, then they are deoptimising their own play? Could this effect not be greater than the impact of you deoptimising your own play against a bounty? I know. for example, that if I'm in a tournament and see someone going all in pre flop with 100 big blinds with 72o, then I'll call them down far lighter for my stack. Which I suppose leads on to ways to exploit the opportunity if you are playing. If you have the bounty covered, then it will generally be worth getting it all in pre flop with any 2 cards (if effective stacks are the starting stack sizes, then you are getting odds of about 50-1 against your buy in - you only need 2% equity to "break even" - if effective stacks are double the initial starting stacks, then you are getting about 25-1, so need about 4% equity ..... etc ), especially if it is likely you're the only Genting Player on the table - so you're definitely happy to get it in light against the bounty pre flop. If you're playing a typical TAG game, and getting it in light, then its worth showing your cards - because its not typical of how you're playing and it could encourage action when you do make your move with Aces later on.
IMO your going a bit OTT over this whole "bounty" thing. You need to remember this is a $215 buyin tournament not a $1 rebuy donkfest, sure some players MAY call the bounty light but ill be playing it as a $215 tournament with the chance of a nice little bonus if i happen to get the bounty. Id also add im looking for ANY players playing badly (theres enough of em) not just the ones chasing the bounty. Its a slim chance that more than one or two Genting skin players will land on the bountys table at the same time anyway.

IMO your going a bit OTT over this whole "bounty" thing.
Maybe. I think it probably comes down to how big the field is. If it meets the guarantee, then there will be about a thousand runners, meaning chances are you wont be on the Bounty table, BUT if you are on the bounty table, i would guess that there will be more value in chasing his head than chasing the prize money. I imagine you'd need a good final table finish to win $10k?

But if players on other skins see you playing badly' date=' and play against you as if you are genuinely playing that badly, then they are deoptimising their own play? Could this effect not be greater than the impact of you deoptimising your own play against a bounty?[/quote'] Possibly, but I still doubt it. Maybe it depends on how exactly the bounty-hunter is operating. It just seems likely to me that the bad plays of other players inspired by the bounty-hunter's false image will be fairly infrequent, and usually not TERRIBLE in EV terms. But the "bad" plays of the bounty-hunter will be more frequent and often REALLY bad. Though I suppose it is true that the bounty gets the largest share of the EV that the bounty hunter throws onto the table.

If you're playing a typical TAG game' date=' and getting it in light, [b']then its worth showing your cards - because its not typical of how you're playing and it could encourage action when you do make your move with Aces later on.
Although while the bounty is still at your table you probably don't want to encourage action (except from the bounty).

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k Would it be cynical to suggest that the bounty player might be searching players too to try and make sure they get KO'd by a player from a different skin. Fairly easy to achieve if you are on a full table with only 1 or 2 Genting players. Then all the genting players will have been raking their little $5 for nowt and presumably staying on the skin for longer etc. Personally I think it is a excellent marketing promo which in all likelihood will cost the site nothing, and will draw folks away from their normal skin to play. These folks are likely to be decent rakers if their BR stretches to $215 WP Genting.

Although while the bounty is still at your table you probably don't want to encourage action (except from the bounty).
But you need to keep the bounty covered and if you dont have him covered, it's probably +ev to play negative chip ev situations against other players until you do have him covered again? I think I'd be playing aces strongly and wanting action to help me keep the bounty covered. I was also thinking earlier - bounties usually attract a rail - I'd guess especially a $10k bounty. If the chat starts, how does the bounty explain to the table that some players get a 10k bounty for knocking him out and others dont? Without spamming the chat for Genring at the expense of other skins?

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k The terms and conditions say: "This is a fun promotion and we reserve the right to disqualify any player from it who acts in any way to the contrary to our goodwill." I have no idea what they'd count as "to the contrary to their goodwill", but is it beyond the bounds of possibility that it would include blatant bounty-hunting shenanigans of the kind GaF is talking about? :unsure

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k Surely not? I'm not proposing any shenanigans other than giving the bounty player more action than other players (all in pre flop :p and showing the 72o :p) - surely a standard response and the one they are trying to elicit?

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k I'm sure the response they're trying to elicit is just more players playing on their skin (and giving them some publicity if they win the $10k). I wasn't intending to cast any aspersions with the word "shenanigans", by the way. Exactly what I used to do in the good old days of "Be the Bounty" on 32red. :ok I like shenanigans. :D

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k I would imagine that clause might be there to cover them in situations where a player is encouraging other players to play differently in the chatbox, perhaps short of outright collusion but trying to influence players actions where the bounty player is concerned. If you are talking about giving away 10k you will have thought hard about lots of scenarios and a nice loose clause like that can work wonders.

Re: 10k bounty on genting poker pro in sundays 200k I think you guys are over thinking this a little. Genting have given a lot of money away in recent months, there was the $10k home game sponsorship, lots of added value GPS seats to ensure it gets a good start etc. These aren't anywhere close to what they've invested in Hendon Mob I suspect. I think they are just using up some of their tournament fee's in attracting new players to the tournament and/or to cross over from an alternative skin. A loss leader or break even leader. Daiva (this weeks bounty) is an extremely good & consistent player and I don't think she will be playing any different to normal. She'll be out to win believe me. The odds on getting to the same table as her will I guess be small and she won't be easy to beat if you do, but hey added value is added value. If this was remotely close to my BRM, I'd just play it normally and anything else is a bonus. Good luck all

Daiva (this weeks bounty) is an extremely good & consistent player and I don't think she will be playing any different to normal. She'll be out to win believe me.
That's precisely what my shenanigans :p would be counting on. As a scenario: If everyone folds to the bounty in the small blind who calls (or raises -doesnt matter) and I have a pair of deuces (I'm beating nothing by much and am about 20% at worst), then I could do a lot worse than to overbet all in. If the bounty has an 80% shot against me (e.g. AA), and the bounty wants to do their best to win the tournament, they are right to call. I was right to shove and the bounty was right to call. We were both right in search of our own personal goals. Now if the bounty were to fold, and I show my 22, then next time we are in that situation and the bounty has 88,99,TT etc, they would be mad to fold to me! If the bounty wants to win, and they know you are chasing their head light, then their best interests (assuming they're not paying the bounty themselves ;)) are to play against you for their stack

• 4 weeks later...