Flat Racing ~ Boxing Day

Cowan

Getting them in early for the big day! Nice class 4 race this and forecast prices for the moment. One of these has to drift to a better price. Wolverhampton 2.55 - Snow Dancer (fc 11.00), Jordaura (fc 11.00) The pace here will be suicidal. The well drawn Fastnet Storm will take off from stall 4 and, with others challenging for the lead, will push the pace-needle past red - something which has happened in its previous starts. Hasn't been competitive since getting injured last year. The useless Jawaab, who is being prepared for hurdles, has been a clown of a horse recently and goes for the lead from any draw, ultimately burning up and failing completely. These two alone would be enough but they are joined by Fakhuur and Chosen Forever who will also have an interest in the lead. The horses in midfield look weak despite the attractive form figures. The favourtie Gritstone is amongst these with 2 wins from 2 starts on the all weather, but having gone up some 10lbs, and lucky to win lto, this will be its toughest test and the pace is against it. This takes me to the back of the pack - where the advantage should lie. I think Hidden Glory could be injured judging from recent performances. Opus Maximus looked interesting but its running style is unusual. At first I thought it was a rear division hold up type, but it seems to start slowly then accelerate all the way - making smooth progress past the pack - to eventually lead - like a frontrunner on a delay timer. Second favourite Follow The Flag has had 2 good races at Southwell, but in my opinion it hates Polytrack these days, and in particular doesn't like this C&D. Snow Dancer has been consistent recently and raced 4x over this C&D in a row making 7244. All of these runs have been against the pace, ie the race was run slowly, but the horse got up anyway. With the pace to suit here and no change in mark it stands every chance. Jordaura has changed stable and bagged a win for them already. Looks to be being geared up more for the turf judging by the trainers comments and the entries so far. What stands out for me though is the low mark and the 2 wins from 2 starts at this distance, which is longer than its normal trip. Well thats all the horses put in their place! Just gotta hope reality reads this script before they set off. :p

Re: Flat Racing ~ Boxing Day Just been looking at the first race at Wolves and noticed an error on the Post site..............:unsure If you bring up the form page for Look At Me Now it says he was beaten 17 and a half lengths last time out - but if you look at the race result he was only beaten 3/4 of a length If not many people notice that he might go off at bigger odds than he ought to !

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.