** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14

FA Trophy replays Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Forest Green Rovers v Newport County (19:45 GMT) 4/5 13/5 3 108.33 %
maximize.gif Kidderminster Harriers v Vauxhall Motors (19:45 GMT) 9/20 10/3 5 109.44 %
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Staines Town (19:45 GMT) 6/5 13/5 2 106.57 %
maximize.gif Solihull Moors v York City (19:45 GMT) 4 13/5 8/13 109.51 %
maximize.gif Stalybridge Celtic v Stockport County (19:45 GMT) 11/10 13/5 2 108.73 %
Wednesday 14 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Farnborough v AFC Hornchurch (19:45 GMT) 5/6 13/5 13/5 110.10 %
BlueSQ Bet North Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Boston United v Corby Town (19:45 GMT) 11/8 5/2 7/4 107.04 %
BlueSQ Bet South Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Basingstoke Town v Welling United (19:45 GMT) 9/5 13/5 6/5 109.20 %
maximize.gif Bromley v Dorchester Town (19:45 GMT) 2 13/5 5/4 105.56 %
maximize.gif Dartford v Woking (19:45 GMT) 15/8 13/5 4/3 105.30 %
Evo-Stik Southern Prem Monday 12 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hitchin Town v Weymouth (19:45 GMT) 7/5 13/5 8/5 107.91 %
Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Arlesey Town v Cirencester Town (19:45 GMT) 8/11 14/5 3 109.21 %
maximize.gif Barwell v Swindon Supermarine (19:45 GMT) 8/11 14/5 14/5 110.53 %
maximize.gif Chesham United v Oxford City (19:45 GMT) 5/4 5/2 7/4 109.38 %
maximize.gif Hemel Hempstead Town v Evesham United (19:45 GMT) 6/4 13/5 7/5 109.44 %
Wednesday 14 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Frome Town v Bashley (19:45 GMT) 6/5 12/5 7/4 110.80 %
Ryman Prem Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Billericay Town v Aveley (19:45 GMT) 9/20 10/3 9/2 110.96 %
maximize.gif Bury Town v Margate (19:45 GMT) 11/10 5/2 19/10 110.67 %
maximize.gif Carshalton Athletic v Lewes (19:45 GMT) 7/5 12/5 6/4 110.65 %
maximize.gif Leatherhead v Wingate & Finchley (19:45 GMT) 15/8 5/2 6/5 108.81 %
Evo-Stik NorthernPrem Tuesday 13 December 2011
North Ferriby United v Bradford Park Avenue Best prices 1 - 23/10 (widespread) X - 5/2 (widespread) 2 - 10/11 (widespread)

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 At first glance 7/4 on Corby looks really good value, I think it was Ships who last week tipped against Corby in favour of Altrincham. I followed the match fairly closely, Corby came out with a 1-1 draw, piling on a lot of pressure in the final 15 minutes. They aren't in the best of form but neither are their opponents. Surely Corby will get out of this bad run and start winning games. A quick check finds that Corby have only lost 1 away game all season so I think I am likely to take the 2.05 on Corby+0 available at Bet365. Of course I won't bet until I find some team news. Do any Non League experts have an opinion on this game? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Corby are a reasonable shout, Ecosse, although they are a difficult team to read. JP Marna didn't play at Alty, and they were much more balanced as a result and were the better side in the second half. I think the squad age is incorrect - they've some experienced larkers in the ranks. Boston are getting better but only slowly as the squad is no match for the one they had last season.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Three catch my eye on Tuesday Basingstoke v Welling I dont actually think there is a great deal between these two sides and Basingtoke are strong at home (only losing once) whilst Welling tend to struggle away from home. I saw them play Bromley earlier in the season and they struggled big time to get a point. They certainly didnt look like they should be 2nd in the table. They lost away to East Thurrock in the FA Trophy on Saturday and the 7/4 about a side who if they won their two games in hand and this one would only be 1 point behind Welling looks too big to me. Bromley v Dorchester Speaking of Bromley their form continues to be rotten whilst Dorchester continue in their fine form. They had the weekend off whilst Bromley were getting well beaten at Dover and they look opposable against most teams in the league at the moment let alone a team high on confidence like Dorchester. Stan James are 5/4 about an away win. Leatherhead v Wingate & Finchley Wingate are falling down the table fast after their good start to the season, whilst Leatherhead continue to show plenty of signs of improvement after a terrible start. The home side had a cracking 3-0 win at Kingstonian on Sunday and a repeat performance will be more than enough tonight. The slight concern is that Wingate didnt play at the weekend so will be rested but at Stan James' 9/5 I think its worth a risk.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Rarely dip my toe into non league betting despite being a long time lurker of these threads, so here goes nothing! :hope North Ferriby v BPA Bradford make a pretty grizzly trip to the banks of the Humber tonight where Ferriby's league position doesnt really reflect their difficult start to the season and their recent good form. Despite getting a thumping by Chester in the FA Trophy at the weekend, Ferriby have been much improved in the league with five wins, a draw and a loss in their last seven. BPA had a difficult trip to Frickley at the weekend and I can't see a team of pro's, let alone part timers relishing this trip to the east coast tonight. Paddy's go 3.3 Ferriby and 1.72 double chance - the only thing putting me off the latter is Ferriby havent drawn at home this season and BPA only once away (only 4 draws between them in 40 matches this season) so is the value with the home win? Either way I think BPA will struggle tonight, especially with a tough match with play off contenders Chorley looming at the weekend.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 STALY V STOCKPORT I will again be at the game. Neither team has injury or suspension worries. No team news from Stockport but i suspect some 1st teamers may not start. Full-team for Staly, Marsh may not start again though. I fancy another blood and thunder and perhaps another draw @ 3.8. How about 2-2 once more?

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 I think Staly have got a great chance of winning but the price stinks. To be honest I want them to get knocked out as they are already 2 games behind Hyde in the league and I wouldnt really want them to go to extra time on what Im sure will be a heavy pitch.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 In fairness County had the better chances Saturday and missed a pen. Just depends on Gannon playing the full team. Staly are full time and the fitness is clear to see. Still think Hyde will win the league for various reasons. I think there is more value in County at current prices.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 I havent had chance to read the report yet but in my view Staly probably have a better side than Stockport at the moment who are having a torried time at the moment. Staly should win the league as they are better than Hyde especially as Hyde have lost their best player to Fleetwood. Id love to know your reasons for thinking Hyde will win the league. The two games over Christmas will be massive. Your probably right that County are a bit bigger than they should be but I still wouldnt want to back them.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Staly v County Another good game that went to the wire. A mirror image in reverse of the first game. County on top first half but with the wind and slight slope Staly put them to the sword and prevailed with a last minute winner. Screwed my draw bet but i thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Shame the league scouts missed the last 5 mins, they missed some of the best bits and some sublime skills from Jennings late on. Marsh absent and that made a big difference for Celtic in attack but they are going great guns and will be thereabouts at the end of the season. I believe County are the only full-time team in BSN (anyone know?) and their fitness will mean strong second half performances.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Yes Staly are the only full-time club in the BSN they went full-time before the start of last season. Really hope they can keep hold of Jennings although I suspect it may be tough. Im not sure how much BSN football you watch but Staly are a class above everyone else in the division, bar Hyde, from what I have seen and from what other fans have said. I think it would be a pretty big shock if they didnt win the league to be honest as I can see Hyde running out of steam and I cant see anyone else getting involved.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Must say i was surprised when Staly cut the squad (cancelled contracts), signed kids and told them they were all in the shop window as well as going full-time. I thought it would not work but been proved wrong so far. Jim Harvey is to be reckoned with. Only 17 in the squad but they are so fit. The worry is a couple of the better players leaving in Jan. Several league clubs are keen and were there last night. As for Hyde, i belive there is more to the situation than meets the eye. Money talks at this level as well and i suspect they have some!! Big squad and going well. The 2 derbies over Xmas will be crucial.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 I dont think Hyde have really got much money at all. Their fans cant believe they are where they are in the league and still think they will do well to finish 5th. I just think they have got very lucky with getting a good bunch of young players who happen to have clicked quickly. I think it said a lot that Crowther wasnt even on a contract so Fleetwood could sign him for nothing. Also if they did have a lot of money it would get out to the wider world and you can be certain they wouldnt have been 33/1 for the league at the start of the season. As for Staly it was clearly a long term plan when they went full time last season and you could tell that it was slowly all coming together as they kept on getting better last season. Harvey kept the bulk of his squad over the summer and they have really kicked on this season. Harvey is a fantastic manager but he doesnt seem fussed about getting a job elsewhere as I think he wants to see the job through.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 Good points. I was merely speculating on the money situation (due to links with a very rich club!) at Hyde. Not everything is in the public domain ;). Spencer seems to have stopped scoring but the whole squad seems to chip in. Lots of positives at Staly. On a roll, playing well, great pitch. Naturally if they were to lose a couple of their top players in Jan it would change the situation. One leading player has a little wrangle at the moment but it will smooth over. Might just follow you in but 10/11......:\

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 12-14 I think the only thing Man City have done is spruce up the ground and made them change their name. Obviously Im sure they give them money to play their games there but they dont really have any players who you would say would be on a fortune. Im not sure Spencer is as good as it seemed at the start of the season but he has been injured to be fair to him. I dont think 10/11 is much value at the moment. It will be interesting to see what ptice Staly are in the two games.