** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Boxing - Jan 2005

Re: Boxing - Jan 2005 Manny Pacquiao looks quite big to me at 5/6, given that he knocked down Marquez 3 times in the first round of their draw when they met. Before that he had beaten the brilliant Marco Antonio Barrera, and shouldn't slip up here.

Re: Boxing - Jan 2005 I'm no boxing expert, but didn't Eastman (the one with the Abel Xavier bleached beard?) lose his last world title shot for one of the lesser belts? He's now up against one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. Think he beat Oscar de la Hoya last time up. Now you're not going to get rich at 1/7, but this is surely buying money?

Re: Boxing - Jan 2005 Hopkins is very old now and, while he should win, every boxer is vulnerable to completely losing it once they reach a certain age. A "better certainty", ableit at shorter odds, would be Enzo Macarinelli (1/14) who simply cannot lose IMO.

Re: Boxing - Jan 2005 swoop - its probably going to be in June from what I've read... http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/index2.html worth a look on there, on Ricky's own forum, opinon is split 50-50 about who will win. I sincerely hope Ricky will win but wont be betting on it. I do think it should be closer though than how they have him priced..

Re: Boxing - Jan 2005

That Hatton fight looks interesting , I dont know anything about Tsyz...Tsyst..the other bloke, I'm off to find out details. Just noticed its ages away, I wont rush!
Tszyu is on most people top 3 P4P lists at the moment, though that does not mean that he cannot lose of course.

Re: Boxing - Jan 2005 Yeah, tzyu's a very tough cookie. I had the pleasure of seeing him in australia, all the sports fans there absolutely adore him, but he's a relative unknown over here and i'm amazed that he's agreed to fight in manchester. Personally i can't see him coming all this way and losing. It will be closer than it would have been 2-3 years ago, but hatton justhasn't got the power to knock Tzyu out or the chin to take his best shots.