** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 19 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Altrincham FC v Gloucester City (15:00 GMT) 4/5 5/2 5/2 112.70 %
maximize.gif Bishop's Stortford v Worcester City (15:00 GMT) 8/5 12/5 5/4 112.32 %
maximize.gif Blyth Spartans v Hinckley United (15:00 GMT) 11/8 5/2 11/8 112.61 %
maximize.gif Corby Town v Nuneaton Town (15:00 GMT) 11/10 5/2 7/4 112.55 %
maximize.gif Droylsden v Solihull Moors (15:00 GMT) 11/10 5/2 7/4 112.55 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v Boston United (15:00 GMT) 1/1 12/5 2 112.75 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Stalybridge Celtic (15:00 GMT) 11/8 5/2 11/8 112.61 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v Eastwood Town (15:00 GMT) 1/1 12/5 2 112.75 %
maximize.gif Histon v FC Halifax Town (15:00 GMT) 8/5 12/5 5/4 112.32 %
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Colwyn Bay (15:00 GMT) 8/15 11/4 4 112.03 %
maximize.gif Workington v Vauxhall Motors (15:00 GMT) 5/4 12/5 8/5 112.32 %
BlueSQ Bet South Saturday 19 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Bromley (15:00 GMT) 4/7 11/4 7/2 112.58 %
maximize.gif Dorchester Town v Sutton United (15:00 GMT) 6/4 12/5 13/10 112.89 %
maximize.gif Dover Athletic v Woking (15:00 GMT) 11/8 5/2 11/8 112.61 %
maximize.gif Eastbourne Borough v Basingstoke Town (15:00 GMT) 13/10 12/5 6/4 112.89 %
maximize.gif Eastleigh v Dartford (15:00 GMT) 11/8 5/2 11/8 112.61 %
maximize.gif Hampton & Richmond v Thurrock (15:00 GMT) 4/5 5/2 5/2 112.70 %
maximize.gif Salisbury City v Farnborough (15:00 GMT) 8/13 13/5 10/3 112.60 %
maximize.gif Staines Town v Havant & Waterlooville (15:00 GMT) 8/5 12/5 5/4 112.32 %
maximize.gif Truro City v Tonbridge Angels (15:00 GMT) 13/10 12/5 6/4 112.89 %
maximize.gif Welling United v Boreham Wood (15:00 GMT) 10/11 5/2 11/5 112.18 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Maidenhead United (15:00 GMT) 5/6 5/2 12/5 112.63 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19 A couple of plays involving two sides with a handful of wins between them.... Blyth Spartans at home to Hinckley United (11/8 Coral) The initial 7/5 offered by VCbet and Bet365 earlier this afternoon proved too tempting for me, but the best now from Corals is still acceptable. Blyth have been terrible this season as the Steve Cuggy experiment has proved to be a dismal failure. But recent league performances have shown an improvement - they gave it good go in a 1-0 defeat at Hyde, a 2-2 at home to Colwyn Bay in a game they bossed, and - last time out - a 2-1 defeat at home to Vauxhall Motors in which they were a man down for 80 mins but very unlucky not to take at least a point. David Briggs has come in to boost a central midfield that has often been overrun this season, and he made a promising debut this week. I don't think they are the worst side in the section, although they need to find a way of converting more of the chances they make (and I'd feel even more confident about the bet if Jamie Mole definitely starts). But I think this a good week to be meeting a Hinckley United side that, for all their cup heroics, perform poorly on the road in the league. Though they will attempt to reprise the rearguard action that brought them a point against Hyde on Monday, Hinckley's players will find that the Tamworth replay will play a bigger distraction. Staines Town at home to Havant & Waterlooville (8/5 widespread) I've been hyper-critical of Staines this season - the defence is one-paced and the attack has been poor, but there has been some attempt to address the problems in recent weeks. The strike force of Ali Chaaban and Mark Nwokeji won't be getting on the end of too many high balls into the box but the early signs are that Staines are carrying more of threat. Defensively things are still a worry, but Havant are having one of their periodic periods of navel-gazing, with manager Shaun Gale - one of the luckiest fellows in the country to still have a job, I'd say - blaming cutbacks at the club for the season's struggle. Away from home they have been particularly poor, with five points won, three of which came on the opening day at Boreham Wood. The squad has much potential, experience and talent, but rare moments apart (such as the form of Ollie Palmer), they have been poor up front, weak defensively and non-existent through the middle. While Staines will struggle against the more focused and physical sides, they'll find in Havant a great opportunity to get their season under way.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19 My only other play in the section so far is to back Salisbury City in a double with Met Police from the Ryman (with Coral). Salisbury face Farnborough, whose unusual takeover will lead to some new faces for Saturday, including the excellent Dan Bennett from Chertsey, but it's too early for me to feel optimistic about their chances. Salisbury have been off the boil for a while, but the signing of Marvin Williams (two goals at Welling on his bow) should given them some potency up front.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19 Just to add that 5/6 Weston-super-Mare at home to Maidenhead United is a credible price with Stan James and William Hill. Weston haven't been as convincing as some of their early season performances, though they have had a tricky run of fixtures. At times, Sahr Kabba's pace has been their only weapon but the re-signing of Mark McGregor will add some much-needed experience to the ranks. Maidenhead have been poor defensively and often get done for a lack of pace, which makes them vulnerable in this one as Weston are pretty quick-thinking going forward. They clearly had their heads somewhere else on Tuesday in losing to Hampton and surely won't be nearly as bad as that, but with a few potential absentees, and the Aldershot replay on the horizon, I suspect it'll be tough going tomorrow.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19 Truro v Tonbridge Angels I have mentioned the Truro situation a few times but it seems things have taken a turn for the worse. It is worth taking a look at this article http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/truro-heading-for-crisis-point-8298 and reading for yourself what seems to have been happening. Now manager Lee Hodges has said that the story is rubbish but in my view there is no smoke without fire and I would be surprised if there isn't a fair bit of truth in that article. They host Tonbridge on Saturday and they seem to be improving, having won fiveof their last seven matches. Their away form is nothing special but both away victories have come in two of their last three games away from home. I think at bwin's 8/5 it's worth having a small play and if you get a chance to check the team news closer to 3pm on Saturday then have more if it looks like Truro are missing players. Weston-Super-Mare v Maidenhead As I wrote last week when I opposed Maidenhead with Dover, their Blue Square South form seems completely different to their FA Cup form. They lost that game 4-1, got a fantastic draw against Aldershot and then on Tuesday lost to Hampton &Richmond. They have only managed to pick up two points in their last eight games and it is not hard to think their minds are going to be firmly on Tuesday's replay with Aldershot. I accept that Weston aren't doing quite as well as they were earlier in the season, but they did gain their first win in six games in midweek and got a great point at Dartford last Saturday, so things look on the up again. The home side are generally available at 5/6 to pick up the three points and that looks good to me.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19

My only other play in the section so far is to back Salisbury City in a double with Met Police from the Ryman (with Coral). Salisbury face Farnborough' date=' whose unusual takeover will lead to some new faces for Saturday, including the excellent Dan Bennett from Chertsey, but it's too early for me to feel optimistic about their chances. Salisbury have been off the boil for a while, but the signing of Marvin Williams (two goals at Welling on his bow) should given them some potency up front.[/quote'] Agreed. I'm going to this tomorrow and will report back.:ok

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19 Spencer Day, the new manager at Farnborough, was not wrong when he said he said in his resignation statement at Chertsey Town this week that he'd still be watching them - he's just bagged another four Chertsey players for Farnborough, taking the week's total to six. It's a big step up for players in a side that's 10th in the Southern 1 Central and I've no idea how he'll merge the squads.

Spencer Day' date=' the new manager at Farnborough, was not wrong when he said he said in his resignation statement at Chertsey Town this week that he'd still be watching them - he's just bagged another four Chertsey players for Farnborough, taking the week's total to six. It's a big step up for players in a side that's 10th in the Southern 1 Central and I've no idea how he'll merge the squads.[/quote'] Id imagine its going to harm Chertsey alot more than it improves Farnborough. Its a shame we cant all lump on whoever they are playing tomorrow.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South November 19 Nothing unusal with the Truro team but they all got letters from the chairman before the game so it will be interesting to see what happens. The team news for Gainsborough interests me and they are playing their young keeper again who has looked out of his depth at this level and I dont think its a coincidence that they have lost theit last two games which he has been in goal for. Boston arent anything special but at 5/2 I'm prepared to take a chance now its confirmed hes in goal

Agreed. I'm going to this tomorrow and will report back.:ok
refers to the posts regarding the changes at Farnborough and their game at Salisbury today. Bizarre performance given the changes. At least four debutants. Looked pumped up at the begining playing attacking controlled football, using the width well and two central midfield beasts that tackled like Chicago Bears tight ends. Salisbury slowly played their way in and went ahead in first half stoppage time. Salisbury hit the ground running second half and forced a brilliant save from the Boro debutant (loan) keeper within 30 secs. If that had gone in it might have been a very different story. From then on, all Boro, playing quick, neat positive football. Frankly they made mugs out of Salisbury's central defender pairing which included Danny Webb on loan from Bath, (looking a shadow of himself from last season there). Could have been more than three in the end. Difficult to draw any conclusions. Apart from Jake Reid, Salisbury were pretty woeful. The Boro boys looked like they had been together for about 6 months. I think that they are too good for the drop but urge caution. Woking, Welling Chelmsford Dover and a few others will probably still be favourites when they meet.