question

Why was the " Pay as you win tipsters " thread locked ? Seems the guy was merely asking a question. What was so bad that it was locked ? It would have been interesting to hear punters views on the topic. It looks like some on here want to stifle discussions /topics / debates. I noticed other discussions on here locked / disappeared. We are all adults on here , isn't there a little too much censorship. Surely no one on here has really been offended , other than personal attacks. For a gambling site its not very punter friendly when over 90% of the posts on here are merely tips.

Re: question Answer: I locked it. Reason: Over the years we have had many threads with the same opening post, 90% of the time its to advertise a tipster - eventually. You have to realise that this forum recieves a lot of views and the amount of spam is amazing believe me due to its very high google ranking. All it does is invite people to put a link to a certain tipping service, if you want that type of forum maybe look elsewhere for it, its not difficult to find. As far as stifling discussions, can you point out the threads that have been locked recently? Personally cant recall any. Which topics or debates have disappeared? If you want to accuse the Mods of censorship please back it up with details. I think you will find that 99% of anything that is removed is because of new members just joining up for one reason alone and thats to get a link. Occasionally threads will be closed if the members use abuse towards another person, again if you really want that to go on then your in the wrong place my friend.

Re: question In regards to the locked thread i understand your reasoning but there was no sign of any spam/links. I don't come on here on a daily basis but I recall an interesting thread about betting shops which disappeared. Rather than deleting/locking threads couldn't you give them warnings.

Re: question Dont know anything about the Betting Shops thread, could it have been moved to the Bookies/Exchanges section ?? Not sure. Without going into too much detail here, there are always new ways of spamming popular forums, hidden links are a problem at the minute. Threads like the one that was locked is an open door to such threats, they usually post in the middle of the night and Mods spend half the morning getting rid of them, not so much in this section to be honest. I still dont believe we lock or delete many things in the ATR, I may be wrong and not be online when some stuff is removed so dont even see it but we have a section behind the scenes where stuff is moved too and then discussed and I cant see anything recently from this section. I take your point on board about warnings and please feel free to start a discussion about anything you want, I dont want the forum to be just a list of individual threads either believe me:ok