Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

mowgli77

I think a few of us had some decent ante post punts last year, mainly for the Cheltenham Festival and with the jumps season getting into full swing I thought it might prove popular to have an ante post thread for the big races coming up each weekend. Similar to the key races threads that Bowles put up before but without the need for a new sticky thread every week we can try use this for all ante post bets and see how we got on at the end of the season. This weekends big race is the Betfair Chase at Haydock and looking at early prices I feel Time For Rupert is a big price at 9-1 (William Hill). It has apparently shed loads of weight since Wetherby and I would expect it to come on a bundle for that debut run. It seemed to have genuine reasons for flopping at the festival last year and should be back to its best this season. On ratings it is miles behind Long Run but I don't want to be on that at the price despite really rating it highly. Long Run supposedly spot on for the race but I'd still expect it to come on for the run like last year. Really interesting to see how Weird Al does now. Had this as one to follow last year but regressed and not sure it will carry on the Wetherby form and fancy TFR to reverse that form. Also interesting to see if Kauto Star, now 11 years old is past it and could possibly be the last time we see it on a racecourse if it sulks and disappoints. Rubi Light out of the race now so only getting paid 2 places. What are your early thoughts for Saturday?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 I have quite a bit matched on Betfair on TFR for the place. Not a particularly great price but 3 places, which is key. Will now play the win and considering field might be reduced to 6 runners come Saturday it would probably be a good wager to have. Trying to get on at the 9s @ WH, but if I can't, I will get 8s. If I had to play without 3 places, I'd go 1pt win on Long Run and 1pt win on TFR. Long Run will get almost full stake back (1.9 on Betfair) and TFR looks the other most likely winner. Never been a fan of Diamond Harry and I think he needs cut. Kauto is on the downgrade, while Weird Al was possibly flattered by Charlie Hall considering TFR wasn't fit.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.