Snooker: Welsh Open

Monday 17 January 2005
Player 1 Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifGreene v Lawler (12:00 GMT)1.722.37sp.gif100%
sp.gifHenry v McLeod (12:00 GMT)1.672.37sp.gif102%
sp.gifMilkins v Robertson (12:00 GMT)2.201.80sp.gif102%
sp.gifMorgan v Perry (12:00 GMT)3.251.44sp.gif100%
sp.gifAli v Drago (14:30 GMT)2.251.72sp.gif103%
sp.gifFord v Swail (14:30 GMT)2.261.72sp.gif103%
sp.gifHamilton v Roe (14:30 GMT)1.423.50sp.gif99%
sp.gifHull v McCulloch (14:30 GMT)2.621.61sp.gif100%
sp.gifBingham v Maguire (19:00 GMT)5.501.22sp.gif101%
sp.gifDale v Davis (19:00 GMT)1.852.10sp.gif102%
sp.gifHann v Norman (19:00 GMT)1.562.75sp.gif101%
sp.gifHawkins v Holt (19:00 GMT)1.672.34sp.gif103%
sp.gif Tuesday 18 January 2005
Player 1 Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged, or price fluctuations that occur with pool betting. For more information see the Help page.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifCarter v Gunnell (12:00 GMT)1.403.50sp.gif100%
sp.gifJames v King (12:00 GMT)3.501.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifJunhui v Parrott (14:30 GMT)1.672.50sp.gif100%
sp.gifDay v Pinches (19:00 GMT)2.001.86sp.gif104%
I'm not bothering with the Maguire match because the odds are too small. In fact, maybe Bingham is worth a small wager at 4.75!! (or maybe not;)). I remember losing a bet last time when I backed Junhui to beat Parrott (well, I think that was the match:lol), but lightning won't strike twice this time:hope. Any thoughts??

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Any fancy Williams? I've got a nibble on him on the Outright market. He wasn't really firing on all cylinders before the break.. I think the reason many quoted was because he had a baby wasn't it? Now that he's had a break.. and on his home turf.. I fancy him to get quite far. Possibly worth a punt to trade out later?

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open 5 match bets and 2 outright for me in the opening round. 5pts each way Paul Hunter @ 9.00 SportingOdds 2pts each way Ken Doherty @ 34.00 >Bet365 Both have draws that I think are favourable, and more importantly I think both are very much overdue a win. I usually pick some big outrights, but I don't really get the feeling it will happen here, certainly none stand out. However I may change my mind, in the bottom half after the 1st or 2nd round is completed. Staking 1-10pts 10pts Single - 12pm Neil Robertson v Robert Milkins @ 1.80 William Hills Robertson is fast improving, and you can almost sense how comfortable he is beginning to feel at this level. He will be a force in the future, and he can continue on the right track by taking out Milkins, who is a decent player, but no more imo. I would make Robertson around the 1.60 mark for this. 5pts Single - 2.30pm Robin Hull v Ian McCulloch @ 2.62 >Bet365 Robin Hull seems to be getting back his form of late, and I see no reason why he should be as big as 2.62 here. McCuolloch has played well in patches, and did get to a final, but he is fast becoming a very unliked charachter on the circuit because of his new found arrogant attitude. This will only inspire players to beat him even more, and Hull is very talented at his best. McCulloch is the fav here, but Hull should be more like 2.20. 5pts Single - 7pm Stuart Bingham v Stephen Maguire @ 5.50 Stan James We all know how well Maguire has done of late, absolutely superb. However, how the hell is he all of a sudden 2nd fav for this tourny and as low as 1.13 to win this match! :eek It's a massive overreaction, and I will be all over Bingham at this price! Bingham can match Maguire shot for shot, break for break at his best, and showed improved form of late. I simply won't be able to forgive myself if I don't back Bingham and he wins at this price. Bingham is very talented and should only be around 3.00 for this. 5pts Single - 2.30pm Tom Ford v Joe Swail @ 2.25 Stan James Tom Ford equalled a world record in one of his recent qualifying matches, when he kncoked in 4 centuries in a best of 9 match, only Peter Ebdon has done this also. On that form alone he should be much shorter than 2.25, as Swail just doesn't impress that much anymore. I'll take Ford on the form he is showing, I'd price him around 1.80. 8pts Single - 7pm Barry Hawkins v Michael Holt @ 1.66 Stan James I've been raving about Hawkins for a while now, and he started to show why in the UK Champs in November. He smashed McCulloch 9-4 and then took out Hendry 9-7, before losing to his best pal David Gray in the last 16 9-6. He's carried his form on as he beat Sean Storey 5-0 to get to this round, and that is always a good scoreline. Holt is another good upcoming player, but not quite in the Hawkins mould in my opinion. Probably about the right price, however, I am confident he will win.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Ok laugh if you want but I have a strong feeling that Mark Williams is value for the tournement here. "Form is temporary and class is permanent" a wise man once said. His tourney odds represent value in my opinion (even if it is to lay off later in the comp).

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Paul What do you think about Steve James to beat Mark King? Don't know a great deal about James, but looking through the qualifiers he has beaten Darren Morgan, Marcus Campbell and Stuart Pettman who are no mugs. Is he worth a bet here, or will King be too strong?

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open 7pts double: A.Hamilton - D.Roe @ 1.33 (5-4) :D B.Hawkins - M.Holt @ 1.67 (5-3) :D Odds of 2.22 7pts double: A.Carter - A.Gunnell @ 1.36 (5-2) :D D.Junhui - J.Parrott @ 1.58 (2-5) :( Odds of 2.15 2pts 4-fold: A.Hamilton - D.Roe @ 1.33 (5-4) :D B.Hawkins - M.Holt @ 1.67 (5-3) :D A.Carter - A.Gunnell @ 1.36 (5-2) :D D.Junhui - J.Parrott @ 1.58 (2-5) :( Odds of 4.77 (All odds from Gamebookers) EDIT: Changed the doubles to 7pts instead of 5pts.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

Paul What do you think about Steve James to beat Mark King? Don't know a great deal about James, but looking through the qualifiers he has beaten Darren Morgan, Marcus Campbell and Stuart Pettman who are no mugs. Is he worth a bet here, or will King be too strong?
Steve James is a blast from the past. He was the player that stopped Hendry becoming the first player to defend a world championship, the year after winning it first time, coming back from 9-11 to win 13-11. I don't like Mark King's game, everyone knows that. 1.40 ? Not for me, but nor could I back James to be honest, he's had a good draw to get here.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Paul Ross, do you know anything about this guy S.Ali? I'm considering a strong bet on M.Fu @ 1.36. I'm also thinking of a small speculative bet on D.Henry to beat A.McManus @ 2.20. Apart from that I'll keep my fingers crossed that A.Carter and D.Junhui complete my earlier bets:hope. Any opinions?

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

Drew Henry is dour' date=' this match could take a couple of weeks to complete, personally if I had to pick one, it would be McManus. ;)[/quote'] It's matches like this that make me glad that the early stages here aren't televised.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Thanks Paul, you've successfully scared me away from the Henry/McManus snorefest, although he'll probably win 5-0 now;). I guess I'll just have two bets today.... 10pt single: M.Fu - S.Ali @ 1.36 (5-2) :D ......and that :hopeguaranteed win:hope will fund my double:ok. 3pt double: K.Doherty - J.Swail @ 1.50 (5-2) :D D.Gray - R.Lawlor @ 1.36 (5-1) :D Odds of 2.04 (Gamebookers odds)