** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November

Saturday 5 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hibernian v Dunfermline Athletic (15:00 GMT) 1.8 3.85 5 101.53 %
maximize.gif Kilmarnock v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (15:00 GMT) 2.05 3.5 4 102.35 %
maximize.gif Rangers v Dundee United (15:00 GMT) 1.27 6.2 14.5 101.77 %
maximize.gif St Mirren v Hearts (15:00 GMT) 3.35 3.3 2.45 100.97 %
Sunday 6 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Motherwell v Celtic (12:00 GMT) 6.2 4 1.61 103.03 %
Monday 7 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif St Johnstone v Aberdeen (19:45 GMT) 2.35 3.35 3.5 100.98 %

Re: SPL 5th/6th/7th November The early price on Celtic away to Motherwell is ridiculous, I was expecting it to be somewhere around 1.85-1.9. The team are all over the place at the moment and a defeat on Thursday night could see us going to Motherwell without a manger, however it is unlikely. Motherwell are riding high and can go 6 points clear of us with a win, which they got the last time the two teams played here in February. So early thoughts would be Motherwell double chance which is 2.4 @ William Hill or Motherwell draw no bet which is 4.5 @ Paddy Power.

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November Nice odds for Kills. In last week they schocked me by winning with Hearts. They are'nt in good run at home, but I think they break this, the more so because they were so close to winning with Celtic. Kilmarnock @ 1,9 in expekt 5/10 GL :ok

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November Just hitting the one tomorrow... KILMARNOCK v INVERNESS CT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.01 - PINNACLE (4PTS) Statistical research chucked this one up, and no red lights have flashed among my other indicators. If you're a stats man, Killie average more than 3 goals per game at home (going over 66% of the time), and you can tag the same numbers to ICT on the road. More importantly, we've got two teams far more comfortable going forward than they are defending. In the games they should win, Killie overplay at the back and, not to get too technical, often make a fud of it. ICT's strikeforce of Foran and Tade won't let Killie tippy-tap their way out their box and should force errors. Wing wizard Jonny Hayes, so impressive last season, is also pushing for a start after injury. At the other end, it's been open season in the ICT backline at times. Terry Butcher is trying to get his renowned counter-attacking system in place with new players, but it's still all a bit haphazard - see Motherwell's third goal last week for instance. They get nervous easily, get caught out of position and make rash errors. Killie have fleet-of-foot options who could benefit. Good luck all SPL punters this weekend! :ok

Re: SPL 5th/6th/7th November

Does last night alter your thinking at all' date=' mate? I just don't know what to make of Celtic right now. They're as capable of smashing Motherwell for four as they are dropping more points.[/quote'] Agreed, it's Jekyll and Hyde stuff at the moment. Still think that despite this the price shouldn't be what it is and it's barely shifted since Tuesday. Maybe a better way to approach it is betting on M'well to score the first goal (3.5 @ Bet365) or M'well to be leading at half time (6.6 @ Betfair) as we have been very slow starters in recent games, conceding the first goal in 4 of our last 6.

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November 3 out of the 5 times that Celtic have been involved in European action this season they have been beaten in their next game at the weekend (by St Johnstone, Rangers and Hearts). Sunday should prove a difficult test for Lennon and Celtic against a good footballing side. I reckon Motherwell will be treating this is an away game where we tend to play on the counter and that's worked wonders this season winning 5 out of 7 away fixtures. Our home form has been poor and we've struggled to score as teams have came to Fir Park and tried to sit in then hit us on the break, similar to our style but we've failed to find a plan B. I don't envisage this to be the case on Sunday as Celtic will be out to prove a point and look for a convincing win. Considering Celtics woeful defence i think we'll get plenty of opportunities on Sunday to hit them on the break and if our defence can hold firm we have a very good chance of victory. Motherwell to win 5/1 bet365

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November

Is the pitch at Fir Park in any better state than the atrocity the two sides played on in February?
It's still a bowling green at the moment as we're not long into the new season. Time will tell if it will hold up during winter though, we've got a new groundsman now so hopefully that'll make a difference.

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November 16:00 Hibernian - Dunfermline [email protected] The visitors without long term injuries Kevin Rutkiewicz, Nick Phinn, Steven Bell, Martin Hardie + suspended Gary Mason and freshly injured defender Jason Thomson. It seems like a serious injury problem, doesn't it? The Hibs are to take advantage of that! The odds are nice, really nice.

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November Late bet for me in the SPL. - Kilmarnock -0.5AH (v Inverness at Rugby Park) @ 2.06 with 188bet 5pts Odds have crept enough for me to bite here. I feel Caley are going to be one of the poorer away teams this season. No tangible or consistent goal threat with Tade, Hayes is only just back from injury on the wing, their midfield doesn't dominate games and their defence is shaky, further hindered today by the suspension to Hogg. They concede a lot of goals. Kilmarnock haven't won that many games but do tend to pick the weaker sides off at home. Heffernan is in-form up front and Shiels is pulling the strings in the middle of the park. Keeper Jaakkola looks a lot more settled now and Pascali and Sissoko are athletic enough to deal with Tade. All things considered, I have to favour the hosts here.

Just hitting the one tomorrow... KILMARNOCK v INVERNESS CT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.01 - PINNACLE (4PTS) Statistical research chucked this one up, and no red lights have flashed among my other indicators. If you're a stats man, Killie average more than 3 goals per game at home (going over 66% of the time), and you can tag the same numbers to ICT on the road. More importantly, we've got two teams far more comfortable going forward than they are defending. In the games they should win, Killie overplay at the back and, not to get too technical, often make a fud of it. ICT's strikeforce of Foran and Tade won't let Killie tippy-tap their way out their box and should force errors. Wing wizard Jonny Hayes, so impressive last season, is also pushing for a start after injury. At the other end, it's been open season in the ICT backline at times. Terry Butcher is trying to get his renowned counter-attacking system in place with new players, but it's still all a bit haphazard - see Motherwell's third goal last week for instance. They get nervous easily, get caught out of position and make rash errors. Killie have fleet-of-foot options who could benefit. Good luck all SPL punters this weekend! :ok
Well done sir :ok I blindly followed.

Late bet for me in the SPL. - Kilmarnock -0.5AH (v Inverness at Rugby Park) @ 2.06 with 188bet 5pts Kilmarnock 3-6 Inverness LOSS
Wow :loon I've gone for some bad bets over the years but this one really is a shocker. Caley killed them! Tremendous shout on the overs Lennox, never in doubt :ok

Just hitting the one tomorrow... KILMARNOCK v INVERNESS CT: OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.01 - PINNACLE (4PTS)
WIN! Nice to get back to winning ways. Crazy score though. I'd have erred on the side of Killie had I been picking a winner. Good luck those involved in Motherwell-Celtic tomorrow. :ok

Re: Scotland: Premier League 5th/6th/7th November St Johnstone vs Aberdeen When these two have met we haven't got big scoring games. In last 6 games we had 2 goals in game 2 times and under 1.5 goals 4 times. St Johnstone haven't won against Aberdeen at home in last 3 games while Aberdeen haven't won here since 2 games. Home side won just 2 times home, made 1 draw and lost 3 games. They scored 7 goals in 6 games and conceded 7. Aberdeen scored just once away and conceded 9 times. They have just 1 draw and 5 defeats. I see a game with maximum 1 goal. under 1.5 goals @ 3.25 with Stan James

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen When these two have met we haven't got big scoring games. In last 6 games we had 2 goals in game 2 times and under 1.5 goals 4 times. St Johnstone haven't won against Aberdeen at home in last 3 games while Aberdeen haven't won here since 2 games. Home side won just 2 times home, made 1 draw and lost 3 games. They scored 7 goals in 6 games and conceded 7. Aberdeen scored just once away and conceded 9 times. They have just 1 draw and 5 defeats. I see a game with maximum 1 goal. under 1.5 goals @ 3.25 with Stan James
Match postponed mate due to fog.