** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Tomorrow's match is being played at Mohali. Eleven of the last sixteen matches here have been won by the side batting first which tells us that you should really back the side with the longer odds. Even with England at 7/5 I'm not tempted to get on them. This will probably be their best chance of getting a match on the board but unfortunately, they haven't showed me enough so far at all to even consider putting £ on them to win. Going with the one to try and claw back that horrible deficit: - 6pts Total Wides: Over 15.5 @ 10/11 [stanJames] England are horrible with wides/extras. Without the control of Anderson and Broad they leak runs for fun and it has showed with them conceding 31 wides in the 2 ODI's already. Now simple maths tell us that that's an average of 15.5 wides already and we're only talking about England. With the addition of Yadav, India have started to concede a few too. They conceded 11 themselves in the 2nd ODI on a track that was pretty dead. The track at Mohali has often suited seamers which should give it some kick for the likes of Finn touching 90mph+. Last time out saw at least one wide from Bresnan, Dernbach, Finn, Bopara, Swann AND Pietersen! An average day from England alone sees overs here. I've already mentioned that it's difficult bowling under lights here too. Expect dew later on and problems gripping the ball, for either side. Overs here. Incidentally, Bluesq do Alastair Cook to outscore Craig Kieswetter @ 8/11 which I am very close to pulling the plug on. If I get some kind of divine intervention on that, I'll come back with it later. Overs on the wides for now.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International -6.89 for me coming in here but clinging on to the fact that Kohli is currently top scoring in the series for India. 4 for me in this 3rd ODI. 7pts Under 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill I think this line is a shade on the high side here. Aside from two matches in the World Cup where full member nations played associate nations we have to go back to 1997 and 16 ODI's ago on this ground until the only time this line has been covered on this ground and even that was only covered with a 6 off the very last ball of the match. In one of the World Cup games where this was covered Kieron Pollard had to hit 5 6's off his own bat. That was against Ireland while South Africa gave the Netherlands a bit of a shellacking here too. Aside from that the only time this line has been covered was that NZ vs Pakistan game in 1997. Taking out the two full member vs associate WC matches there has been a total of 17 ODI's on this ground. I don't see the line being covered here either. We come into this match in Mohali off the back of matches at two much smaller venues than this and we've only had 6 6's in Hyderabad and 5 6's in Delhi which is another boosy for the unders. Surely England aren't going to keep ignoring their best player of spin in Ian Bell? I don't think they will and the talk is he could replace either Pietersen or Patel, each of which hit 2 of the 5 6's in Delhi the other night. Bell isn't a genuine 6 hitter. This ground is huge. We've seen the Indian top 4 really barely play an aerial shot in anger in the series. It was only really when Raina, Dhoni and Jadeja came in during the first match that the sixes started flying. On a ground the size of this with both batting line up's containing two men who aren't known for 6's in their top 4 I just think this line won't be covered. It was almost a max bet but those two World Cup matches have put the tinyest of doubts in my mind so I'll just stick to a solid 7pts on this one. 4pts Over 15.5 wides 10/11 Stan James I agree with Tyler here and the stats say it all. England's discipline with the ball in one day cricket is a complete shambles. There's barely an innings when we don't bowl double figures in terms of wides and we've been known to bowl more than 20 which is absolutely ridiculous. This is a wicket which has a bit of pace and bounce in it so there could be extra wides for England who get carried away with the short ball and bowl it too short. In slaughtering England for wides India aren't a lot better. England weren't exactly putting pressure on the Indian bowling in Delhi on Monday yet India still threw down 11 wides. England contributed 13 wides and we only bowled for 35 overs in the match. There wasn't even the dew excuse in Delhi either. I don't think there will be much dew here either or at least I don't recall there being any when India played Pakistan in the World Cup semi final here earlier in the year. Dew or no dew though England are a disgrace with their discipline with the ball in one day cricket and with both sides having left and right hand opening combinations I'm happy to take the wides here. 2pts S.Finn Top England Bowler 4/1 Blue Square Anyone following this should avoid Bet365 because they settle dead heats on the one who is most economical and that's not likely to be Steven Finn. What Finn is likely to do is enjoy the conditions. I really rate this guy as in really rate him and to see him hitting 94+ mph at Delhi the other night bodes well and says a lot about the rhythm he has to his bowling right now. All he needs to go with it now is the luck which he never had the other night with Gambhir and Kohli as well as the two openers edging so much past the keeper off him it was untrue. These conditions should be right up Finn's street. He's bowling very quick and the groundsman says this wicket will have pace and bounce in it. That was certainly the case in the WC semi final when Wahab Riaz picked up a 5 for and I think Finn can do something similar here. He's been so unlucky when he's bowled recently that he's due and is likely to get wickets in a real flurry when they come along. Finn spoke in the press conference about how he intends to leave nothing in the dressing room and if he does that he's very much a runner for the top England bowler on this Mohali wicket. 1pt ew M.Dhoni Top India Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Corals are taking a bit of a risk in my opinion offering Dhoni at 6/1. I'm very confident England will get him in here. Wickets should fall on this deck and we only need 4 and Dhoni is in. More importantly the likes of Patel and Gambhir showed over in England that they don't want any of the short ball or the hustling pace that England can bowl. Even Suresh Raina wasn't too happy with pace and bounce against him. Dhoni was though. It took him a couple of tests but he finally came to the party against England's barrage of seam bowling and I think he will enjoy the pace on this wicket. How he plays that helicopter shot I'll never know but he can use it to maximum effect here. At 6/1 with a top score in the series already in his pocket I think the Indian captain looks a good each way punt here.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International

2pts S.Finn Top England Bowler 4/1 Blue Square Anyone following this should avoid Bet365 because they settle dead heats on the one who is most economical and that's not likely to be Steven Finn.
As soon as I typed that I probably knew what was going to happen. :hope Finn can find another because at the minute he's easily the most economical bowler :$. Still a half win is better than a full loss :$.

LOSS - 6pts Total Wides: Over 15.5 @ 10/11 [stanJames]
Annoying. Only 9 wides in total. I suppose it was negated somewhat by India winning the series but I need to claw that deficit back up. Played on the sixes though Kev. Dhoni was three short of a place too, unlucky there.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International -16.13 from the match betting going into the 4th ODI. Need to fix that monstrosity. Two for me for tomorrow. For now anyway. - 7pts Total Sixes: Under 6.5 @ 5/6 [General] Low-scoring match on the cards tomorrow. The average 1st Innings Score here is 220 and there are reports of a mad heat-wave in Mumbai right now. England will be under pressure from the very beginning tomorrow with hot, muggy and humid weather and that plays right into India's hands. If you remove the obvious mis-match played here in the World Cup (NZ vs Canada), this ground has seen Over 6.5 sixes ONCE in the past 8 ODI's (going back to '05). There aren't high scores here. The Mumbai Indians play here in the IPL and a team packed with Pollard, Sachin, Symonds, Rayudu and Rohit Sharma often found it difficult to clear the ropes here. In horrible conditions I don't expect maximums at all. To make matters worse, the track here is a slow turner. There's no pace in the track at all and there are reports that the curator says a dry pitch is in store for tomorrow. Unders definitely here. - 4pts Player Performance: C. Kiewswetter Under 45 @ 5/6 [bet365] Obvious pick here. Slow turner, which is what Kieswetter is poor with. Slow turner, which is not common for the best carry and a lot of edges (especially with a lacklustre England pace attack). I'm not wholly convinced Kieswetter has got the grips of these Indian decks. There are several calls for his head right now and with Ian Bell wiaiting in the wings, he may not even play tomorrow. He needs a big performance and I don't think he will get that here. He had a mare with the gloves the other day, his confidence will be rock bottom. Unders again for the gloves man.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Waiting for a confirmed pitch report before over-committing. By most accounts we are in for a low scoring game, in harsh conditions on a slow pitch. However India beat SL in the world cup final scoring about 275ish to win and that pitch was quite different to the norm, so this is in the back of my mind. Indians will be motivated for a coupel of reasons so I dont see any let up from them. England will make changes but I dont see it making any difference. A brilliant individual performance aside, I dont see England having the stomach for this. When the pitch is confirmed I too will jump on the: A) 2/10 under 6's market B) 6/10 back India main line C) 3/10 Handicap market in favour of india

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International That was a frustrating 3rd match for me with Finn joint top wicket taker which would've been a full win had I gone with Bet365 but only a half win as I didn't and Dhoni finished 3 short of a place but Dernbach bowled him a long hop down leg side in his penultimate over which went for 4 leg byes when Dhoni should've got some bat on it. Still, +3.81 for the game and back to -3.08 overall now. Onto Sunday and there's a few I like. Hoping for better luck. I agree with the consensus so far. 5pts India -2.5wickets/20.5runs 4/5 Sportingbet India have been thoroughly dominant in the series so far and with England set to make a couple of changes here I think they will continue to dominate. England should have won the last match but that was in conditions which suited them. Conditions here won't. They will be sticky, hot and uncomfortable and the wicket is meant to be low, slow and expected to turn a fair bit. That's not conditions England go well in and with their batting line up under so much pressure to score over 300 and their bowling attack leading runs by the bucket load I see nothing but another easy Indian win here. 5pts Under 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Pretty much everything that Tyler has said applies for me here. We've not seen this line covered in the series yet and if the match does turn out to be a lower scoring match then you wouldn't expect it to be covered again in this one either. 3pts 15 or more wides 5/6 Sportingbet Conditions here should suit wides. It's going to be hot and sticky so the ball might get stuck in the hand a bit and in hot conditions the mind gets tired and standards will slip. If the wicket does turn then that's good because you generally find not all balls turn so anything that is set off a bit more down leg side to accomodate the spin could end up not spinning and staying down leg side. Equally it could turn too much. Conditions suggest wides so I'll take them here. 2pts R.Jadeja Top India Bowler 4/1 Ladbrokes Ravindra Jadeja is the joint highest wicket taker in this series with Vinay Kumar who took 4 of his 5 in one game. Conditions here should suit Jadeja perfectly and I think he could be the most threatening of the spinners especially with Kevin Pietersen and his notorious deficiency against left arm spinners. Jadeja's angles should suit this wicket a lot better and as long as England don't crumble to either of the Kumar's at either end of the innings I would expect Jadeja to go very close here. 1pt ew M.Dhoni Top India Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni played a special knock here in the World Cup final 6 months ago to win the tournament for his team and I see no real reason why he won't go well again here. He was just short of a place in the last match but with this wicket maybe not suiting the games of the likes of Raina and Patel, Dhoni should be in a bit earlier this time. With memories of that World Cup final knock behind him Dhoni should be confident on this ground and at 13/2 I'll take him to go a bit better than the last game and at least place if not replicate his top scoring efforts from the first game.

WIN - 7pts Total Sixes: Under 6.5 @ 5/6 [General] WIN - 4pts Player Performance: C. Kiewswetter Under 45 @ 5/6 [bet365]
That's more like it. Sixes never really looked in danger. Kieswetter started well with the bat but I never really saw him making up the points required in the field. Bit annoyed I never got on the wides actually. That one Kumar over had 10 in it by itself! +9.13 for the match then and it follows a pretty good day in here. Majority of winners for you Kev and same for you Hulk. Good work chaps!

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Top work in here guys :clap:clap. The 3 main bets won for me in game 4 and the longer shots ran well too. +6.67 overall for that match to put me back in the black overall to the tune of +3.59pts. Virat Kohli takes a 95 run lead into the final ODI with him too and so it's looking good for a pick up with the outrights as well. Hopefully we continue to get some good lines for the finale in Kolkata on Tuesday.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International I'm genuienly at a loss at how to read the Eden Gardens Pitch ahead of tomorrow. If you look back at all the ODI matches that have been played here, the numbers will tell you that this place is a fortress for batting. Unfortunately quite a lot of matches that were played here at the World Cup were mismatches so some of the 1st innings scores can be quite exaggerated, however going on before that, there were some pretty big numbers. In '09. India hosted Pakistan and Sri Lanka here and in those two ODI's India chased Sri Lanka's 315 and Pakistan chased India's 292. Impressive. However, what bothers me is that this pitch in the recent edition of the IPL was a nightmare for everyone involved. I was heavy on the Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL4 (who happen to play their home matches at Eden Gardens) and when watching, it was often evident that visiting teams STRUGGLED to play here. I can back that with statistics. In the 8 matches that were played at Edem Gardens in this years IPL, the average 1st innings score there when a team OTHER than KKR batted first was 111.5! Horrible. If you compare that to the ODI figures then you can see why I don't know how the pitch will play, which as you can imagine, restricts certain bets. Regardless of the pitch though, I am going in with three: - 5pts India -3.5wickets/25.5runs @ EVS [sportingbet] Can't look past a whitewash here at all. As I have mentioned before, if you're not used to Indian conditions, you will STRUGGLE at Eden Gardens. England have played 6matches in the sub-continent now (if you include the warm-up games) and still look out of their depth. They have fielded like shit, Batted like shit and bowled like shit since they've been here and that's not going to help one bit. A lot of Indian players are in form and I really can't see past any other result here tomorrow. Dhoni has publicly said that he want a 5-0 so I see no let up. Rahane is in form. Kohli is in mad form. Varun Aaron is in form and Gautam Gambhir knows this place like the back of his hand...... - 4pts Gautam Gambhir Match Runs: Over 28.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Gautam Gambhir has a great record here at Eden Gardens. He is the captain of Kolkata Knight Riders who play their home IPL games here and he has the satisfaction of knowing that the last time he played an ODI here, he shared a 224-run stand with Virat Kohli where he ended up with 150*. It's like he has been teetering on the verge of a massive innings this series. He's due a century and has looked in sublime form at times. Whether the pitch plays slow, or fast, he is adept at handling both situations and I think 29 runs is minor for him in his own back yard. Overs for me. - 3pts Player Performance: R Ashwin 36&Over @ 5/6[bet365] As soon as I saw Eden Gardens, I thought of Ashwin for Top Bowler tomorrow. The price of 3/1 though doesn't really do it for me though. The bookies have reduced it a fair bit after his impressive outing last time out which is unfortunate. However I still expect him to get two wickets tomorrow. He has been England's chief tormentor all series. They simply cannot handle this guy at all and he always looks a threat whenever he bowls. If this pitch proves to be a slow turner, you can expect wickets from Ashwin and if worst comes to worst, he can have a swing coming in at #8 too. To be honest, even if the pitch plays against how it played in the IPL, the sheer mystery he serves up could be enough to see two wickets. Overs again. If anyone knows anything I don't about what they think the curator will serve up tomorrow, please let me know. If not, these are my three for the final ODI.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Based on what I know its likely to be: 70% chance of a slow low scoring pitch 30% full of runs and some bounce. The ptich was relayed before the world cup. However we wont really know fro sure until tomorrow morning.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Four for me. 6pts India -3.5wickets/25.5runs Evs Sportingbet If England were close at any stage in this series then I might've thought twice about taking this but the simple thing is they've not been. Ok they should probably have won the 3rd ODI but India showed why they are world champions because they have Dhoni coming in at 6 and whatever the situation the bloke just doesn't panic unlike England who did panic in that match and they choked. Apart from that England have lost by 126 runs, 8 wickets and 6 wickets with the last two having more than 10 overs left when the winning runs were scored. If anything India look to have bettered their side by the addition of Varun Aaron who looks a real find to me. Their batting is taking the mickey out of England really with the dabs down to 3rd man and the dab and runs they do. The only way England are going to win this is if their batting fires. They are going to need 330 at least here I think and I don't see it happening with the way we play spin. England have been travelling to Kolkata on Monday so they've not had any time since Mumbai to address things in the nets or stuff. India to complete a whitewash with an easy win for me. 4pts Under 6.5 6's Evs Stan James Although there's every chance the wicket here will play well I still don't expect this line to be covered. Eden Gardens isn't the smallest ground in the world and we've seen on smaller grounds that this line hasn't been covered in the entire series yet. Surely England are going to work out here that their batting hasn't been even close to good enough and bring Ian Bell back into the side. If they do that lessens their 6 hitting potential while although he's barely hit a ball in anger in the series Parthiv Patel's muted absence for Tiwary would have the same effect on India especially if Gambhir goes up to open. Nothing I've seen so far suggests there will be 7 6's in a match in this series so I'll take the under here. 3pts England Highest 1st 15 Overs Evs Ladbrokes Even though England have barely got close in the series to date they have won the first 15 overs match on 3 of the four occasions in this series which shows they are doing something right. The Indian opening bowlers will always concede runs purely because they are no more than medium pace and the likes of Kieswetter has enjoyed that while he's been at the crease. England's new ball bowlers are bowling well as did Stuart Meaker. It's the rest of them that's been the problem so far but with India's openers looking to play themselves in and set a foundation I don't see anything changing in the opening 15 overs so I'll take England to lead going into the 2nd set of powerplays. 2pts S.Finn Top England Bowler 10/3 Bet365 Steven Finn has bowled really well in this series and he got his rewards in Mumbai and I see no reason why he won't go well here in Kolkata as well. I think the ball will do a little bit initially and that's where Finn comes alive. His pace has been very impressive in this series so far and none of the Indian top three have convinced me that they are enjoying his pace. It should be Swann or Patel who takes the most wickets here but Swann has bowled below himself in this series and Patel only saw 7 balls on a turning wicket in Mumbai. At the price I'll take Finn again here.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International 1.55 pm Sourav Ganguly, on NEO sports, says the pitch will play slow and that there will be dew in the evening. He should know, given it's Kolkata. India will look to chase as usual. Will Cook want to bat first again though?

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International England in to 1.65ish pre game. My opening play will be to lay India early (1.66). Might do a bit early, lowish risk play and Indian openers havent fired much (Patel is out). gl to all today. Edit: Closed at 1.60 for a small loss. Looking to reverse into India before the bowling PP.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International My timing has been slighly out in trading the first half (as it has been for the last 2 weeks with cricket), right decisions but if timing is slighly out can really put a spannor in the works. At one stage I was -7 units on ths game and staring down the barrel of -14 unit loss. Managed to get it back to -1. I dont feel England can hit this target on this track even with due around, but they might get off to a flyer in the first 10-15 before the slowness does them. Thats the line I'm going to take and still have a big position in India.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Hulk these posts are serving no real purpose mate. If you want to open up a thread in the glory hunters section where we can follow your trading efforts then feel free but in here we need posts containing the bet, the odds, the bookie and some reasoning all before the event takes place rather than when it's done and dusted as the idea is others can follow then. Posts like 'I expect England to struggle here.........' doesn't really cut it. There must be a reason why you expect England to struggle so share it so that others can use that opinion to make up their own mind :ok

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Thanks. Got to back your judgement, but to say I had an eximination of my balls is an understatement, I feel I had them squashed in a vice. Really over extended myself and was in for lot more that I should have been (would have been painful). Was still laying England still at 1.50, starting greening up at 1.80 and now fully green for about 14 units. TBH I was happy to get out without losing a lot, but if had I had a tougher mental state I would have let it ride for about 40-50 units profit. But I'm happy just to be out, was a bad trade from me, I've been in this game too long too make such silly over extanding mistakes.:spank and :gimme

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Fine, I cba with this. Thought you wanted expereinced players views, views from people who do this for a living and for serious amounts of money, but whatever, will leave and not contribute. gl to all.

Fine' date=' I cba with this. Thought you wanted expereinced players views, views from people who do this for a living and for serious amounts of money, but whatever, will leave and not contribute. gl to all.[/quote'] The point is Hulk, No one can benefit from your experience with posts mid-game about whether your up or down!

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Great work Tyler. Well deserved clean sweep mate :clap:clap. I'll take that match although it was annoying the two losers lost in what was the final over of each innings :sad. +3 for the final ODI which puts me +6.59 for the matches. Kohli was comfortably the top bat even with a duck today but Samit left his wicket taking too late annoyingly so +9.50 for the outrights which creates a series total of +16.09 overall with the T20 to come.

WIN - 5pts India -3.5wickets/25.5runs @ EVS [sportingbet] WIN - 4pts Gautam Gambhir Match Runs: Over 28.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] WIN - 3pts Player Performance: R Ashwin 36&Over @ 5/6[bet365]
Yeah thanks Kev. Pleased with how things turned out in the end. Had +5.00 waiting for me with the Indian outright win and +10.81 for the ODI today leaves me +8.81 for the series (so far). That Kohli outright was a good one, probably should've got on that myself. Well played :ok

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Just the one for me today and only a small punt. 3pts England to win T20 International 29/20 Blue Square So far on this tour we've seen England bat well for 20-30 overs and then get stuck so I think this change in format could well suit us. We shouldn't be bowled out in 20 overs so with a fast start the middle order can all come in and play their shots rather than worry about seeing out 50 overs which seems to be a real fear for our batsmen in ODI's. India have just celebrated Diwali and having achieved their aim of beating us 5-0 in the ODI series you would have to wonder just how up for this they will be. They bring in one of their exciting batsmen in Robin Uthappa for this match while England bring in two of their own in Alex Hales and Jos Buttler. I just feel this England side could be better balanced in 20 over cricket at the minute and if the likes of Patel and Buttler can finish our innings strongly then I think we could just have enough to win this one at a perfectly acceptable price.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International T20 Robin Uthappa top Indian Batsman 11/2 @ sportingbet Read in the press earlier this week that Robin will be given a chance to open in todays game, he's had mixed fortunes in 20/20 cricket in the IPL but has been in cracking form domestically resulting in his return to the national team. He has the ability to score big as long as he gives himself a chance to get in.