** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

England are in India for a 5 match ODI series which begins on Friday and is followed by a T20 international. They are all day/night matches which is good for those of us in the UK as they are a watchable time and as always they are all live on Sky. Should be plenty of markets around and another opportunity for PLers to make some decent dosh. Schedule:

Fri Oct 14 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST 1st ODI - India v England Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 38.png 22 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Mon Oct 17 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST 2nd ODI - India v England Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
N/A
Thu Oct 20 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST 3rd ODI - India v England Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh
N/A
Sun Oct 23 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST 4th ODI - India v England Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
N/A
Tue Oct 25 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST 5th ODI - India v England Eden Gardens, Kolkata
N/A
Sat Oct 29 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 15:30 BST Only T20I - India v England Eden Gardens, Kolkata
N/A

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Right, time to pull the plug on this series. I think it's going to be a long hard month for England. One outright. Need to get on this before the price caves. - 6pts India to win the ODI Series @ 8/11 [VC] India in India is a proposition that not many international teams can handle. They have won 11 of their last 13 series on home soil with those two defeats coming at the hand of the mighty Australians in '07 and '09. Admittedly, India will be without Virender Sehwag, Munaf Patel, Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan for the majority of the next month. That may worry a few punters but the fact is, the conditions in India will be very difficult for an equally weakened England side to deal with. England arrive in the sub-continent with a bowling attack likely to be lead by Tim Bresnan. Whilst he isn't a bad cricketer by any stetch of any imagination, he's hardly "lead the line and set by example" material. He will be supported by Stuart Meaker (yet to make his debut), Steven Finn (not completely sold on him yet) and Jade Dernbach. Ravi Bopara will probably get to turn his arm over for a few overs and so will the likes of Kevin Pietersen, Samit Patel and of course Graham Swann. That doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence. As I mentioned before, India are weakened as well but still remain a strong outfit. Their batting line-up still features Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina. All of which featured at the World Cup this year. Praveen Kumar and Ravi Ashwin are among the bowlers here too and I feel that alot has been wrongly read into their shortcomings this summer. In India at dead tracks like Eden Gardens I think they'll be too much for this England side. Home team for me all day at a very good price.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Can't wait for this series to start. I very rarely gamble on the sport but love to watch it and i would be surprised if England come out the winners as i think there are still major doubts over a few things in the ODI side. The bowling looks a bit too lightweight for a series this tough and i would say they still struggle to pace their innings well enough with the bat. Still, there are plenty of match winners in there but surely they will need a fully firing team to take anything out of the series? As i said, no bets for me but good luck to anyone who does play. Should be a cracker :clap

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Time to get going on tomorrow's proceedings. - 8pts England Sixes: Over 2.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Bold beginnings here but completely justified in my eyes. The deck here at Hyderabad is a pretty good one. There have only every been three ODI's played here but the average innings score here is 288.5. Infact, the last match here saw 350 play 347 and produced 22 sixes. Some may say that those matches aforementioned were over a few years ago but since then this stadium has been used in the IPL where there have also been some pretty decent scores. Three sixes is easily within reach for this England side. Kieswetter, Pietersen, Bell, Bairstow, Bopara, Bresnan and even Chris Woakes can all hit. Infact click here to see the carnage produced when Jonny Bairstow came to town a few days ago. I don't really see too much trouble in India's bowling to prevent three maximums either. Overs for me. Confidently too. - 4pts Virat Kohli -0.5runs (vs. Kevin Pietersen) @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] My two favourite batsmen in modern times here and I have to take one on. I know KP will come back sooner or later but I don't think it will be tomorrow. His ODI average is dire over the past 18months and he lacks practice. England racked up 367 inthe warm-up match here yet KP came in at #4 and got 10. Another failing to Left-Arm Spin. He still raises a high profile wherever he goes however so India will have a plan for him. I don;t see him outscoring hotshot Kohli tomorrow and will bet that he doesn't. Kohli comes into this brimming with confidence and in pretty terrific form. KP quite the contrary. Virat to take this one. - 3pts Century to be Scored in Match: Yes@ EVS [VC] Every 50-over match here has seen a century scored by at least one player. In the last match here, Shaun Marsh and Sachin Tendulkar both hit better than run-a-ball hundreds. Yuvraj Singh did the same in '07 and '05 here too. Virender Sehwag hit a hundred here in a Twenty20 match much to my annoyance in the IPL this year in a match where he scored 119 of his teams 179 runs. It's a track conclusive to big team scores and big individual scores so I think there'll be another tomorrow. Just hit the link I embedded earlier for another reminder of what Jonny Bairstow did this week. Alastair Cook wasn't too far behind either. Runs to be scored tomorrow. Good luck to anyone else involved :ok

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International One outright for me. Might have another before the off. 3pts V.Kohli Top India Series Batsman 7/2 Sportingbet I really like Kohli in this series. He comes into the series in outstanding form after hitting a ton in the last ODI of the series in England and then following it up with a couple of excellent innings in the Champions League for Bangalore so his confidence should be sky high. Confidence isn't something all of this Indian batting line up will have. A few of them will have the mental scars of battle over in England and then the likes of Rahane who was one of their better players in the England series will be batting down the order. Raina and Dhoni are top notch players but with Kohli batting at least two places above them in this Indian batting order I really do think over 5 matches he is the one who will be the biggest danger to the England bowlers. Gambhir is class too of course but I have my doubts about how up for the battle he is. At 7/2 I'm more than happy to take Kohli here given the outstanding form he is currently in.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Taken a similar approach to you tyler, my research leads to the following bets: A) Selection 5/6 - OverMarket England - No of sixes 2.5 B) 2/3 - Over 2.5 India - No of sixes C) 8/11 - Over 5.5 Total match sixes Pretty much (laddies) max bets on all the above which is a fair few eggs in one basket. Looked at the data and feeling ok about it.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International What's your reasoning for liking those 3 Mr Hulk? ;) One more outright for me ahead of this series. I think England will win the series but I think there's more money to be had taking them in the match betting overall. 1pt S.Patel Top England Series Bowler 9/1 William Hill Samit's a big price here considering I think he'll play all 5 matches. His batting potential and the turning wickets should keep him in the side for the majority of the matches and if he is dropped at any point it'll only be because he's been crap so he won't be the top wicket taker anyway. Certainly his batting at 7 has been more than useful in the recent past so I'm sure he's a definite starter in the series for England. His left arm spin isn't bad either it must be said. He can certainly get some turn and some of these wickets will really suit him. There must be a tendency in the back of the Indian's minds to see off Swann and get after Patel and that could lead to him getting a couple of cheap wickets. Only wickets which don't look like they'll be seamer friendly then the two spinners should go well which gives Patel every chance at a more than fair 9/1.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International 3 for me in the opening ODI. 3pts England to win 1st ODI 11/10 William Hill I expect England to win this match. I think we have a stronger batting line up in terms of man for man quality and depth and I think we have the better bowling attack with the variety needed for this wicket. While the Indian's were playing let's see who can hit the ball the furthest in Bangalore last week England have played two warm up matches on this ground and they played with the new legislations in place too which was good planning by all concerned and it's something I feel could really give England an advantage. Most of their batsmen got a dig on this wicket while most of the bowlers took wickets too so it was a very strong two matches for us and in similar way to how I saw Australia beating South Africa because of their competitive edge I see England winning this opening ODI due to it as well. 7pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes If this wasn't the first match of the series this would have had the full monty on it. As it is I fully expect the line to be covered but there is a slight doubt given that it's the first match of a relatively anticipated series plus there is a bit of rain doing the rounds too potentially so I'll keep the stake down to 7pts on this occasion. The last ODI here had 22 6's so where this line comes from I'll never know. Jacques Kallis was smoking balls over the ropes here in the Champions League a couple of weeks ago while Yusuf Pathan showed us just how far the ball travels here. Of course dew will be a factor later in the match but that will only lead to the bowlers serving up a few long hops which can be plonked where they wish. The only time this line hasn't been covered in ODI's here was the first one when South Africa didn't hit a 6 in their innings. India hit 5 tho so if they were playing a team who hit 6's, like England do, then it would've been covered. I expect a high scoring match here and I expect a lot more than the 6 6's we need for this bet to be a winner. 1pt ew J.Bairstow Top England Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I'm pretty certain Jonny Bairstow will play in this game. His ton off 50 odd balls here the other night made him almost impossible to leave out. We've seen the Yorkshire keeper take to international cricket like a duck to water and on this ground I think the finishing role will be perfect for him like it was in Cardiff where he came in and swung away like he'd been playing at this level for years. England have some real in form batsmen above him in the batting line up but I'm not sure they have anyone with the potential of hitting a ton off 50 balls. While I don't expect Bairstow to do that in this match I do expect him to score quickly when he's at the crease and given that he must be seeing the ball like a beach ball and obviously loves the conditions 8/1 could just be on the high side for England's newest batting star.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International

What's your reasoning for liking those 3 Mr Hulk? ;) .
The lines are some distance away from my lines. Either I have it very wrong or there is serious value. I believe its the latter so will back my analysis/judgement, hence my large bets.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International 1st odi India 15 overs - over 74.5 runs, think it will be important in this series to take advantage of the power play overs, against the new ball coming onto the bat. Patel will go for his shots at the top of the order and Gambhir will look to stroke it around.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Pretty dreadful performance from England. We need 1 more 6 for the overs, somehow I cant see Finn clearing the ropes, everything crossed Patel can manage 1 six...... Fortunately Liam Fox resigned which provided me with a "get out fo Jail" card today.

Pretty dreadful performance from England. We need 1 more 6 for the overs, somehow I cant see Finn clearing the ropes, everything crossed Patel can manage 1 six...... Fortunately Liam Fox resigned which provided me with a "get out fo Jail" card today.
Well talked in Hulkster :lol :clap:clap.

Pretty dreadful performance from England. We need 1 more 6 for the overs, somehow I cant see Finn clearing the ropes, everything crossed Patel can manage 1 six...... Fortunately Liam Fox resigned which provided me with a "get out fo Jail" card today.
Gutted... Missed Lads 5.5 line... Took the 6.5.... :wall

LOSS - 8pts England Sixes: Over 2.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] WIN - 4pts Virat Kohli -0.5runs (vs. Kevin Pietersen) @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] LOSS - 3pts Century to be Scored in Match: Yes@ EVS [VC]
Horrible performance from England. Cost me a fair bit of coin. The Kohli bet was a small earner but still didn't really help in the grand scheme of things. The Century bet was a luxury that didn't need to be taken either. Dhoni, Raina and Cooky looked good but neither came to town. -7.68 for the match. Steve Finn saved your bacon Kev. Played :lol

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International I reckon Kev turned a 0.83 Profit... I followed the same bets, same stakes but missed the 5.5 line and took the 6.5.... Ended up -12!! 1 six making all the difference. Small margins make big differences :cry

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International As a newbie this was a cracker for me...sold on Englands runs on Sporting Index when Trott & Cook were trundling along, knew Trott would put pressure on the middle order with his slow batting and once he was out that came true, and the collapse ensued. I sold at 264 at £10 a run (brave, stupid or brilliant...?) and ended up with £900 profit...cheers India. Hi guys by the way, i'm new here.:gimme

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International :welcome to PL mate. In future can you post your bets up before the event (during if it's an in play bet) as per the forum rules then others can follow and hopefully win some dosh too :ok. Otherwise it just becomes a bragging routine which we try to avoid ;). Ta :ok

:welcome to PL mate. In future can you post your bets up before the event (during if it's an in play bet) as per the forum rules then others can follow and hopefully win some dosh too :ok. Otherwise it just becomes a bragging routine which we try to avoid ;). Ta :ok
Ooh ok, that was a risky bet so I don't think anyone would've followed me anyway! Cheers for the tip, i'll get back in my box lol :wall

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Not going to get another chance to get these up before tomorrow so getting mine in now: - 5pts India -2.5wickets/15.5runs (vs. England) @ 10/11 [sportingbet] England are in trouble here. The difference between the two sides a few days ago was the small factor of spin. England could not handle the middle-over period where India had Ravi Jadeja and Ravi Ashwin turning the ball over from both ends and that is what theyre in for tomorrow at the Kotla. It's a slow, low-scoring, turning track here which plays right into India's hands and right out of England's. India have a good record here too. They've won 9 of their last 15 games here and when England came here last time, they won with Harbhajan taking 5 wickets. England do pose a spin threat themselves with Graeme Swann but it isn't backed up with the talents of anyone else. India in their own back yard will be able to handle it far better than England will too. If India win this one (which I think they will), they should be able to cover this relatively small handicap. Definitely happy to be on the home side here. - 4pts Player Performance: Ravi Jadeja 40&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] Jadeja should get to bowl all ten tomorrow. As I mentioned earlier, the track will benefit spin alot and he should be able to get amongst England's middle order like he did the other day. There he took 3 wickets in seven overs on a pitch that is probably not as condusive to spin bowling as this one. He may also get a chance to bat tomorrow which will help this a fair bit. He smashed a quick 27 runs a few days ago at number 7 showing he is very canny with the bat. Small chance of a catch is always present too. Overs for me. - 3pts Highest Individual Score: 50-74 @ 11/4 [bluesq] You won't see very many high scores here at the Kotla. The average 1st innings score here is 235. You won't see that many centuries and you won't see that many sixes. For that reason I'm taking this bet on which was a common winner at this ground in the recent World Cup. Once the pace comes off the ball it will be quite tricky to score runs here so it's going to take a innings of graft and concentration to determination to top score. Gambhir, Kohli, Dhoni, Trott and KP are all capable of doing that but at the same time I think there'll be scores closer to 50 than 100.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International I'm kind of riding on coat tails here, using Kev and Tylers expertise to influence my picks! Not sure who I fancy to win the match, so I'm picking similar players from both teams. 2nd ODI - Man of the match 1pt - R.Jadeja - 18/1 - Bluesq I like MOM bets because it's a mix of performance bets, top scorer and most wickets. Jadeja for me has a chance in all 3 hence the pick. The wicket should be conducive to spin and Jadeja has already been among the wickets in the 1st ODI. He is no slouch with the bat either, smashing back to back 6's in the last match, so if it's a close call when the decision is made hopefully if he's chipped in with the 2nd string of his bow also it could act to tip the scale in his favour. 1pt - S.Patel - 20/1 - Willhill Very similar reasons to Jadeja really. An all rounder with 2 chances of grabbing the MOM award at the end of this match. A player always looking over his shoulder to see if he's being replaced in the team. Hopefully this will spur him on to a match winning performance. He got a wicket in the 1st ODI and should bowl a fair share of overs. Proved in England he can bring the team home when he was at the crease on a couple of occasions when the winning runs were hit. Not out of the question either player could get a half century or take 3 wickets, possibly both... So more risk than performance bets but greater reward on offer, I'll hedge my bets so I have a chance regardless of which team wins by having a little stab at these two spinning all rounders :hope

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International Good luck guys. 3 for me. 4pts India Most 6's 10/11 Coral India won the 6's match 5-1 in Hyderabad and on a smaller ground like the Feroz Shah Kotla I would imagine they'll be as strong in the six hitting department again. Conditions are likely to hurt England with the heat and the humidity and so their bowlers might suffer again like they did in Hyderabad. England are sure to bring Ian Bell into the side you would think and he's not a genuinely natural six hitter and were he to come into the side for Jonny Bairstow then he would be replacing someone who is a natural hitter. England looked lost against spin on Friday and so unless that changes I see India being the more confident with the bat and with that confidence will come the bigger and stronger hits which in turn will see them hit the most 6's. 3pts G.Swann's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. The Feroz Shah Kotla is generally a ground which takes a fair amount of spin. Imran Tahir took a four for here in the World Cup against the West Indies and Johan Botha also took two in that innings. Swann took one in the first ODI and I see no reason why he can't go one better here. I'd like to see him saved for the latter part of the innings if possible or even bowl him in the powerplays but when he does bowl 2 wickets certainly isn't beyond him. If he doesn't cover this total with the ball then he'll field around the bat so could take catches and then there's every chance he'll be needed in some form with the bat. I'm confident he can snare 2 scalps with his off spin though so I'll take this line to be covered. 1pt ew I.Bell Top England Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Ian Bell has surely got to come into this England side after the way we died against the spin the other day. With that in mind and the fact that he's a wonderful player of spin I see value in him top scoring for England in this match. He uses his feet better than anyone in this England side and he has good wrists to find the gaps too. We saw during the summer how confident he is now and how he's a real player these days. Granted this England batting line up is a fairly talented one but playing spin will be crucial on this ground so I'll plump for the one who in my eyes is very much the best player of spin in this team and take Bell with the each way terms.

Re: Cricket: India vs England ODI Series & T20 International The Kotla is notorious for keeping low, however it's not a massive ground and depends if they've relayed the pitch like they did for and IPL game where Sehwag and Warner were miss timing shots for 6. Pretty sure a India vs Sri Lanka game was abandoned here due to dangerous pitch. Just the one, India most 6's @10/11 v.chandler Conditions will favour India s batsmen more than England here, raina, dhoni and jadeja very dangerous at the backed of the innings, other than Kieswetter and an out of form KP, the rest like cook, bell, trott tend to keep it on the carpet.

WIN - 5pts India -2.5wickets/15.5runs (vs. England) @ 10/11 [sportingbet] LOSS - 4pts Player Performance: Ravi Jadeja 40&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] LOSS - 3pts Highest Individual Score: 50-74 @ 11/4 [bluesq]
For some odd reason the cricket is not available to watch on SkyGo so I haven't actually had a chance to watch any of this. The mammoth stand between Gambir and Kohli pretty much took the Jadeja bet out of the equation, the high score bet and the sixes bet too. Probably should've trusted my gut and went in a bit more on the handicap but such is life. -2.45 for the match and -10.13.