Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series

kevshat

Zimbabwe's return to international cricket continues at the weekend when New Zealand begin their tour there. The tour begins with 2 T20's which are followed by a 3 match ODI series. Unlike the Bang/WI series this one will have some coverage for UK punters as it the whole tour is streamed live on Bet365's live streaming service so there should be a lot more markets around. Again interest might be slim though so I've opened a thread but I won't stick it given that the other two main series are going on at the same time. Schedule:

Sat Oct 15 12:00 GMT | 14:00 local 13:00 BST 1st T20 - Zimbabwe v New Zealand Harare Sports Club 34.png 14 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Mon Oct 17 12:00 GMT | 14:00 local 13:00 BST 2nd T20 - Zimbabwe v New Zealand Harare Sports Club
N/A
Thu Oct 20 07:30 GMT | 09:30 local 08:30 BST 1st ODI - Zimbabwe v New Zealand Harare Sports Club
N/A
Sat Oct 22 07:30 GMT | 09:30 local 08:30 BST 2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v New Zealand Harare Sports Club
N/A
Tue Oct 25 07:30 GMT | 09:30 local 08:30 BST 3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v New Zealand Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
N/A

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series One for me for the opening T20 tomorrow. 5pts New Zealand Most 6's 8/11 Boylesports New Zealand have a number of big hitters in their ranks in the form of Jesse Ryder, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram. Even the likes of Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, Kyle Mills and Nathan McCullum can all hit a long ball too so there's plenty of hitting potential in this Kiwi line up. Zimbabwe are just re-establishing themselves in the top level of international cricket and while one or two can hit the odd ball over the ropes, other than Chigumbura there isn't really a destructive hitter in their ranks, especially given that they will be up against a pretty decent bowling attack in the form of New Zealand's attack. Zimbabwe will come at New Zealand with a bit of medium pace and a fair amount of spin which the likes of Taylor will really go after. I would expect New Zealand to win the match but this format can be something of a leveller but I don't foresee Zimbabwe being as competitive in the six hitting department. NZ most 6's for me.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series 4 pts New Zealand 6's - Over 5.5 - 11/10 Ladbrokes Not going mad as if Zimbabwe bat first and get skittled NZ might not be chasing a target big enough to require 6 6's! However the bare facts are they achieved this line in the 1st T20 chasing just 123. They hit 8 in 13.3 overs and Mr. Brendon Mcullum covered this on his own with 6! Guptil chipped in with 2 of his own and there are batsman further down the order more than capable of clearing the ropes in Ryder, Taylor, Williamson, N.Mcullum and the list goes on! If NZ bat first this should be a piece of cake (famous last words!) if they are chasing, they showed they can clear the line even with a small total on the cards.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series +3.65 for me for the T20 matches and I'll take one outright in the ODI series which begins in the morning. 3pts B.McCullum Top New Zealand Series Batsman 5/2 Stan James This isn't a particularly special price on a guy top scoring in a three match series but he is the one I think will top score. Along with Martin Guptill, McCullum has completely blown this Zimbabwe attack all over both India and Zimbabwe in their last 3 matches against each other. With the series being over 3 matches one big score is likely to be enough here but I also want to be on one of the Kiwi openers because we saw in the World Cup when these two met, that there's just no guarantee anyone else bats if Zimbabwe bat first and don't put up enough runs. I don't think Zimbabwe have the bowlers to get into New Zealand's middle and lower order three times in this series so McCullum, Guptill and Ryder will spend most of the time in the middle. There is a test match after this series so when New Zealand go 2-0 up they might rest a couple of main players for the tests. McCullum is the only recognised keeper on the tour so he's sure to play all 3 matches and given that he's the quickest scoring of the opening pair he's my pick to top score for the tourists in this series.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series And one for the opening ODI. 6pts New Zealand -4.5wickets/49.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet This looks a big handicap on paper but I think it's one New Zealand will cover. I just don't see Zimbabwe taking 6 wickets. Not in the time it will take New Zealand to chase down a total that Zimbabwe set them, unless freak run outs or something strange happens. Zimbabwe might have a better chance of staying within 50 runs of New Zealand but with the way New Zealand have battered this Zimbabwe bowling attack in the recent past you have to think Zimbabwe are probably going to need to score in excess of 300 runs to stay within 50 of them. At the very least they would need 260 I would say and I don't see them getting that against this New Zealand attack who will be back to full strength from what they have on tour for this match. The likes of Kyle Mills and Jacob Oram are quality bowlers at this level and not the easiest to get away either. Zimbabwe are likely to strengthen their batting line up but it's their bowling attack which remains the problem and I expect New Zealand to expose that weakness enough to cover this handicap on Thursday.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series +8.65 going into the final ODI where I'll have two. 4pts Zimbabwe +4.5wickets/49.5runs 10/11 Sportingbet Zimbabwe were a lot more competitive in the 2nd ODI and with the series all over in terms of the series winner I would suggest this is a bigger match for them than it is for New Zealand. But for a few dropped catches off Brendon McCullum and a couple of tight lbw calls Zimbabwe could even have won the last match. Kyle Mills missed that match for NZ but I wouldn't expect him back here with the series already won. Keegan Meth caused trouble with the ball for Zimbabwe and if they hold onto their catches and someone can support Brendan Taylor with the bat there's no reason they can't stay within what looks like a pretty big handicap to me. 2pts B.Taylor Top Zimbabwe Batsman 3/1 Coral Brendan Taylor has hit unbeaten centuries in the first two matches in this series and while I don't expect another ton here I do think he's very much the main man when it comes to the Zimbabwe batting line up now. Taylor has 5 scores of 61 or more in his last 8 innings on this ground in ODI's so it's clearly a ground he enjoys batting on and after the series he's had already I see no reason why he won't go well again here. There's been no signs to suggest that 50 won't be enough so with Taylor's recent record on the ground and in the series I'll take him to top score for a 3rd successive match.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand T20 Internationals & ODI Series Zimbabwe making a real shot at this run chase. Whichever way it goes the handicap is in and Taylor's found one too good for him so +1.64 for the match which after the McCullum outright is taken off leaves me +7.29 for a pretty decent series on the whole.