** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Scorecasts didnt come in but was right about the result. Felt there was something missing from the team yesturday, and although i'd say we were the better side ( i would though being a spurs fan ;) ) we never totally dominated. Defoe took his goal well but felt that he got greedy with his 2nd chance late on when he could have sqaured it to gift somebody an open goal. Bale was surprisingly quiet, and King going off early was a big blow, i knew we'd concede after that! QPR only managed the 1 goal again. Definatly should have put my money where my mouth was on Blackburn.....
Agree about our lot, personally reckon Bale was just knackered after playing two full games for Wales in which he never stopped running, during the international break. IMO we have a first eleven which can rival anyone in the league but the strength in depth can't be compared to City/Chelea/United. Look at who came off the bench; Defoe fair enough, but Bassong for King and Pav for Adebayor. Those other teams mentioned would have a better class of sub coming on. But we've got a good chance of finishing fourth, I reckon it will be tight between us and the Scousers, and you can't write the Goons off yet either.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about our lot' date=' personally reckon Bale was just knackered after playing two full games for Wales in which he never stopped running, during the international break. IMO we have a first eleven which can rival anyone in the league but the strength in depth can't be compared to City/Chelea/United. Look at who came off the bench; Defoe fair enough, but Bassong for King and Pav for Adebayor. Those other teams mentioned would have a better class of sub coming on. But we've got a good chance of finishing fourth, I reckon it will be tight between us and the Scousers, and you can't write the Goons off yet either.[/quote'] Very true, i hate that he started on the right hand side too! and i much prefer Modric in the centre of the park than out wide. The bench could potentially be good if you added all the injured players to it with the likes of Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Kranjar, Sandro, Huddlestone and Lennon. I think we are gradually getting there in term of being able to compete for that top 4 spot again. Quality replacements for Bassong, Pavluchenko, and Dos Santos and a long term keeper and we really could be in business.

Very true, i hate that he started on the right hand side too! and i much prefer Modric in the centre of the park than out wide. The bench could potentially be good if you added all the injured players to it with the likes of Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Kranjar, Sandro, Huddlestone and Lennon. I think we are gradually getting there in term of being able to compete for that top 4 spot again. Quality replacements for Bassong, Pavluchenko, and Dos Santos and a long term keeper and we really could be in business.
Completely agree about Modric, we need him on the ball as much as possible. We are getting there...at least I think we are, you never know with Spurs!