Paul Hanagan worst Champion Jockey for years ?

Its a view i've held for a long time , i'm not saying he's a bad jockey in any way. What i am saying is that he is not worthy of being called Champion Jockey. Look at the list of previous jockeys and i'm sure you'll agree he's not in the same league as previous champions such as Dettori , Eddery , Roberts ,Piggott, Fallon , Darley ? , Spencer....... From memory i don't think he's even won a classic or even a Gr1 in this country.Previous champions get booked on group horses whenever theres a Gr1 meeting however with Hanagan he prefers to ride at Catterick or Redcar when these meetings are on. Today at the Arc meeting theres a plethora of Uk based jockeys over in Paris even the likes of T Eaves and J Crowley , wheres Hanagan ? Saying that i do beleive that he will turn out to be a top jockey in the comming years. If i recall correctly K Fallon was a similar age before he got his break with H Cecil before that he was a nobody pulling off handbrake jobs in low class handicaps for Emma Spencer's mum.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Paul Hanagan worst Champion Jockey for years ?

Its a view i've held for a long time , i'm not saying he's a bad jockey in any way. What i am saying is that he is not worthy of being called Champion Jockey. Look at the list of previous jockeys and i'm sure you'll agree he's not in the same league as previous champions such as Dettori , Eddery , Roberts ,Piggott, Fallon , Darley ? , Spencer....... From memory i don't think he's even won a classic or even a Gr1 in this country.Previous champions get booked on group horses whenever theres a Gr1 meeting however with Hanagan he prefers to ride at Catterick or Redcar when these meetings are on. Today at the Arc meeting theres a plethora of Uk based jockeys over in Paris even the likes of T Eaves and J Crowley , wheres Hanagan ? Saying that i do beleive that he will turn out to be a top jockey in the comming years. If i recall correctly K Fallon was a similar age before he got his break with H Cecil before that he was a nobody pulling off handbrake jobs in low class handicaps for Emma Spencer's mum.
Funny the way you put Spencer in there?? As Hanagan is a far better jockey than Spencer.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.