Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 7th; Back on board and well done to those with winners to date this month; Today Wizzkid shows that nothing has changed while i've been away with a 1/2 winner, he goes up to 10th. Markmywords had a 16/1 shot EW to move up and Falbrav had a 12/1 third. Dont forget those that are in the cup tomorrow (Fin and Wizzkid hint hint) and have a good weekend:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 8th; A few winners today and none better than Corky's 25/1 success in the Cesarewitch, he goes clear at this early stage and he really needs to improve his posts in the future. Petersson flies up the table thanks to his 9/1 winner and Wizzkid moves up two spots after his 13/8 shot won easily. BH chipped in with an 11/10 winner at Chepstow while Aidymac had an 18/1 4th in the big race at HQ.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 9th; Terrific day and the thread gets into profit for the month. Leader Corky had another winner, this time 5/1 but his lead was cut by Trotter who had a rare dabble over hurdles and nailed a 33/1 winner (EW). (Why didnt you do it in the DHRC?????) Anyway both Fin and Jimmy had Eaton Rifles in Ireland, Jimmy got a superb price only slightly tainted by a R4, Fin had SP. Wizzkid also had a winner across the sea at 4/5. Wafer had the third at 25/1 in the 2.35 at Goodwood and Aidymac weighed in with the fourth at the same tasty price to improve thier banks and Falbrav brought up the rear with a 7/2 third EW for a small loss.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October

Oct 9th; .........but his lead was cut by Trotter who had a rare dabble over hurdles and nailed a 33/1 winner (EW). (Why didnt you do it in the DHRC?????)
I'd already posted my selections before looking at the race..........I know I could have changed............:spank Just shows how these comps get to you..........I watched the race and my first thought was 'woo hoo, lots of points in BBotD' My second thought was 'grrrrrrrrr........why didn't i put it in the DHRC' It was only a minute or two later that i realised I'd won quite a lot of money................:D

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 10th; Just two winners and a place on a very quiet day's racing. Corky went further clear with a 5/4 winner at Salisbury, Jimmy had the same horse but took 3/1 last night! Verisi had a 10/1 place to get him up and running for the month. **Table will be late tomorrow as i'm down in London for a concert and wont be home until after midnight:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 11th; Sorry about the delay, good concert though:ok We had three winners yesterday, the best of them from Petersson with a 5/1 shot and he goes up to 4th. Andy had a 7/2 winner at Leicester and goes into the top six and BH had a 3/1 shot over the jumps.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 12th; Andy has another winner, this time at 11/4 and he moves up two places to fourth in the table. Our only other return so far was Anokazr who had a 5/1 second for 12p profit. *Chris has a selection later at Kempton and will be added tomorrow along woth any other AW merchants:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 13th; Andyjkmak had the best of it today with a fine 9/1 winner and he goes up to third. Falbrav had an 8/1 shot EW and is the biggest mover of the day as he goes up to 10th. Three other winners were Jimmy with a 7/4 shot, Switzerland had the same horse at 11/8 and Wizz caught a right drifter having took 4/9 and the sp was 10/11, good old BOG!!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 14th; Top two have winners to open up the gap even further from the pack. Corky had a nice 6/1 winner at Haydock with Ballesteros while Trotter had a jumps winner at Cheltenham with Paint The Clouds, a slight R4 on that one after Our Island was withdrawn but still got over 2/1 about the 13/8 winner. Jimmy moved up one place with a 9/1 third and he now sits in 5th spot. *Later runners will be added on Saturday Have a good weekend chaps:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 15th; Just for starters, Fintron had a 13/2 winner last night and that has been added to the table. Todays action was at the top of the table once again, Corky continued his good run with Deacon Blues at 11/4, Trotter replied with a 12/1 winner EW at Ascot and closes the gap slightly, the pair are now well clear and in fine form at the moment. Wafer had a place at 12/1 to maintain his position and Wizzkid had Frankel at 2/5 and goes above all the -1.00's in the table. Lars had an 11/2 winner but there was 3 NR's and was hit by a R4, he ended up about 7/2 which beat the 11/4 SP. Any night bets will go tomorrow

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 16th; Flippin hell guys it was like the Noah's Ark today, three winners each tipped up by two different players! Well done anyway, looked tricky to me and the thread made a nice profit on the day:clap It's looking interesting at the top all of a sudden with Trotter hitting form, he had an 11/8 winner and is now just 20p behind long time leader Corky who is beginning to feel the pressure. Ok, now for the doubles; Lars and Haystacks both hit a really nice winner at 16/1 EW, Lars goes 4th and Haystacks 6th as a result. Milen and Andy both had an old monkey at Kempton which won at 100/30, Andy stays third and Milen gets into the top 16 and needed that to fend off Trotter in the overall table which in itself is getting quite exciting. Falbrav and Jimmy made it a hat-trick of doubles with a winner in the 5.30, Jimmy got 9/2 while Falbrav was slow off the mark and had to settle for 4/1. Jimmy goes up to 5th and Falbrav hits the top ten. :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 17th; Another good day for the thread and we have a change in the lead, Trotter goes top by not playing as Corky's losing run continues. Lars is the man in form at the moment and had a 12/1 winner EW today and now moves on the heels of Andy who's above him in third spot. Jimmy stays fifth with an 11/1 second and Boulder moves into the top ten with a fine 28/1 third in a finish of heads and necks,in the same race Fin had the second at 20/1 but went for the win only strategy. Milen got a nice early price on his winner, took 9/4 and won easily at 5/4! while BH had a second at 10/1 in another close finish at Pontefract but stays 27th!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 18th; Just three winners today, Andyjkmak had the best of it with an 11/2 winner at Lingfield on the sand, he stays third but is slowly and surely catching the front two and this aint over yet. BH had a 9/2 shot to move northwards and Wizzkid stays put after his 1/7 nap at Exeter did the buisness by 17 lenghts.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 19th; Apologies for this being late, been to the Leicester v Watford match. Anyway Corky has a 10/1 winner EW and goes back to the top from Trotter who had a 5/2 winner that was reduced to 7/4 due to a R4. Jimmy had another nice EW bet, this time 3rd at 25/1 to stay fifth and Falbravs new strategy of win bets pays off with a 7/1 shot and he goes up to 6th place.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 20th; 3 winners and a place so far today with a couple of later bets at Wolver still to run, they will be added tomorrow. Trotter has a 7/2 winner and goes right on the shoulders of leader Corky who didnt play today. Just pennies between them now. Milen was the big mover after his 10/1 winner and goes 5th. BH had a place at 10/1 and Switzerland had a welcome winner at 11/4, he moves up three spots.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 21st; Trotter goes back to the top of the table after an 11/10 winner at Fakenham, Corky has a loser but is still well clear in sceond spot. Best winner of the day belongs to Falbrav, his 4/1 shot takes him up to 5th place. BH had a 100/30 winner to go 8th and Verisimilitude got off a poor run with a 3/1 winner. Forgot to say Lars had a good winner last night at 11/2:ok Have a good weekend, table late tomorrow as i'm up at Aintree:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 22nd; Aidymac has the best winner on a trcky old day, his superb 9/1 nap lifts him up 11 places in the table and an outside chance of making the top 16. Switzerland is now in the top 16 after his 11/2 winner, a small R4 reduced the odds a touch but still beat the SP comfortably. We had two good EW bets landed, Haystacks had a 10/1 4th and Verisi is back to form with a 25/1 third.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 23rd; Just a couple of each way bets placed today, Corky creeps a little closer to Trotter with an 11/1 second and a big day for Cpo, his 32 losing run comes to an end with a 16/1 third at Galway. Just 8 days left now guys:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 24th; Quiet racing day but three good winners and all of them significant in the race for the top 16 knockout places. Aidymac goes up 7 places with his 5/1 winner and Cpo does a similar thing after a 6/1 shot, both have had winners on concecutive days which just goes to show how you can move up the table when you are in form. Chris34 had an 11/8 winner and he is in 16th place but will need to post everyday until the end of the month to make the minimum required bets, we lose CC75 and Tull for that reason today and dont forget Fintron, currently 11th is not in the running for a cup place this month.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 25th; Monterosso lights up a dull day with a 14/1 winner and gets himself off a losing run and the bottom of the table in one hit, he now as every chance of making the Cup. Jimmy had a nice winner at Chepstow in the bumper at 11/2 and he goes up two places. Wizzkid had the good thing at Catterick to bring some relief after a poor run and Petersson went up three places after a nice 25/1 third.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 26th; Only the one winner today, Sout Eatern Ram had a 12/1 beauty to get him into the black, unfortunately he cant post enough bets to qualify for the Cup competition but i dont think he's fussed about that. At the top Corky had a loser and Trotter didnt post so the gap widens slightly.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Tables ~ October Oct 27th; Two winners today, Trotter had a 6/4 shot to pull further clear with just 4 days to go. Switzerland more or less guaranteed himself a place in the Cup after a nice 5/1 winner at Clonmel and he moves up 6 places. *Any bets later than this post will be added tomorrow:ok

Oct 27th; Two winners today, Trotter had a 6/4 shot to pull further clear with just 4 days to go. Switzerland more or less guaranteed himself a place in the Cup after a nice 5/1 winner at Clonmel and he moves up 6 places.
BH, fair play for doing this comp. I'm sure you have spreadsheets to help but it still must take a lot of time and I don't think I've seen one mistake since looking at the forum. Can I ask what the Cup is?

BH' date=' fair play for doing this comp. I'm sure you have spreadsheets to help but it still must take a lot of time and I don't think I've seen one mistake since looking at the forum. Can I ask what the Cup is?[/quote'] It's a monthly knock-out competition for the top 16 finishers in the previous month's BBOTD league: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f13/best-bet-day-knockout-comp-october-1st-rnd-8th-oct-121958/#post2023097

BH, fair play for doing this comp. I'm sure you have spreadsheets to help but it still must take a lot of time and I don't think I've seen one mistake since looking at the forum. Can I ask what the Cup is?
Thanks for your kind words mate, appreciated:ok Sorry to disappoint but no fancy formulas for me, just a calc and some manual settling, did it as a job for years and years and i suppose just used to doing that way. Mistakes are made believe me but I always say sorry and gets you out of peoples bad books pretty quickly I find;) As Haystacks explained, the Cup began this year as a little extra, i found that if people were not in contention at the top of the table the competition became a little less interesting for those at the bottom, this was a way of giving guys something to fight for right until the end of the month. Also many tipsters used to post 33/1 shots in the second half of the month if they were struggling, a quick way back to the top if you like which just led to many losers being posted for the sake of it. Since starting the cup the profits have increased, members seem to want to do the right thing and pick winners and achieve their best possible placing, now this may be coincedence but it gives another dimension to the comp anyway. I'm still disapppointed in how many people only manage to post half a dozen times or less in the month but we all have very different lives and priorities and i often take it too personal to be honest. Hope you stick around mate:ok