Great Leighs

There is an article on the front page of the Essex Chronicle today, saying there is renewed interest in the course, with possibly two parties interested. I know all weather not everyone's cup of tea, however for those that do like it, the actual track was very well received by jockeys and trainers. They will need to sort a stand out though !!! There is a big catchment area, if a new company got pricing right - they could make a go of it.

Re: Great Leighs I hope they can get their act together ! The track was pretty good and was a bit different to the other tracks, being more sweeping bends and suited gallopers rather than nippy types I liked it..........if i remember rightly i had one of my first double figure winners on BBotD with the outsider in a 4 runner race there..........:rollin The only proviso i have is that if it does re-open that it's fixtures are taken off the other AW tracks and not in addition to them.........i don't want more AW racing ! I suppose that could prove tricky though as it's a lot easier to give the 4 AW tracks additonal fixtures when GL closed than it would be to take fixtures off them after 3/4 years or so when they're used to operating at the higher level of meetings

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.