** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Grand National Advice

NewPunter

Morning all, I have never been to the National before and so have decided to go for the full meeting this year (I've been on the Friday beforehand) Just wondering if it is worth purchasing West Tip seats for the Saturday or will you not see a lot more racing than you will with a normal tatts ticket?

Re: Grand National Advice Enjoy it firstly. I am going the Thursday and Saturday next year but will go into Liverpool on Friday to watch the racing at the pub. The West Tip Stand puts you level with the final national fence so you won't be too close to the finishing line. Having said that, it gives access to the West Tip bar which is very handy indeed and saves you a lot of queuing for drinks etc for not a lot more than the Tattersalls ticket.

Re: Grand National Advice You can get reasonable views, yes. The Tattersalls are between you and the finish, as I mentioned, you are close on level with the final national fence. There are a few big screens for the meeting, one is put in front of the West Tip stand. Without the screen you get a great view of the backsides of all the horses crossing the post.

Re: Grand National Advice

The Grand National Tatts is the worst racing experience I've ever had. Never again! But then I'm not really a 'crowds' sort of person. Especially when a crowd is full of drunken arseholes.
Cheltenham was a similar experience for me last year. 50 quid for an afternoon in a tent watching the racing on a plasma screen as the crowds outside were just unbearable. I've been to Aintree on a Sunday before and throughly enjoyed it (Cue Card won it's 2nd novice hurdle there on the day) and I reckon Cheltenham would be fantastic during the week outside of festival week as well but it was an awful experience and until they refurbish the place and extend the main stands I wouldn't dream of going again.

Re: Grand National Advice

The Grand National Tatts is the worst racing experience I've ever had. Never again! But then I'm not really a 'crowds' sort of person. Especially when a crowd is full of drunken arseholes.
The Friday in there is terrible, full of meatheads who are looking to get drunk, go on the pull or have a fight, and couldn't give a toss about the racing. I go for seats Thursday and Saturday and just go into town on the Friday to run between the pub and the bookies.