Fishy's fancies

fishy25

Some of the regulars in the tennis threads will know I'm a keen tennis fan and punter, but due to my uni term resuming, and going into my second year, I actually have to do some work this year as it counts, meaning I will have less time to do my write ups in the main threads. That's the main reasoning for this glory hunter's thread, as it won't take up as much of my time, and will hopefully mean I get more time to read what I'm supposed to and really knuckle down this year. As well as the tennis interest, I'm a huge Chelsea fan so on the weekends I will look to the football as well to see if anything takes my fancy. No shame in me admitting that in my early schoolboy betting days, lost a fair bit of money on the football as it was the thrill more than anything being the reason for me placing those bets. But I believe I'm a far more mature sportsfan and punter now, as seen through my contributions in the other sports threads and have made a decent profit this year already. However this thread will just allow me to keep a record of my profit/losses in a clear and easy way, and I'll hope that I can contribute quite regularly and enjoy some profit to pay for some nights out during term time. Let's see how this thread goes then. :ok

Re: Fishy's fancies First few for the weekend then, all involving the domestic football. Derby to beat Millwall- 19/10 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Odds too high on Clough's men, despite the absence of Fielding, the morale is the dressing room should be high after winning the derby last week with 10 men. Millwall haven't scored in their last 4 in all competitions, backing the Rams here. Charlton vs Chesterfield- BTTS- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Both teams very good going forward and although Charlton are favourites to carry on their good early form, I'd fancy Chesterfield to to create some chances and score, likewise Charlton come full time. Preston (-1) to beat Tranmere- 7/4 Bet365- (3/10)LOSS Preston having a fan's day, with near enough a capacity crowd ahead of this local clash. Phil Brown's men are in good form, winning the last 5 in the league, and ran Southampton close in midweek in the cup. Tranmere have some injury worries, and Preston to win this comfortably for me. Sheffield United to beat Wycombe- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) LOSS Danny Wilson's men unbeaten in 4 away matches this season and have no new concerns in their squad from their comfortable 3-0 win over Colchester last week. Wycombe have struggled big time this season, and a meeting with one of the strongest sides in the league, don't see them getting anything today. Rotherham to beat Southend- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (3/10) LOSS Rotherham very strong at home in the league, with their record of W3 D1 L0 and only one defeat in the league all season. Southend have some key midfielders missing, and struggled against the better sides when playing away from home. Slight loss of -0.80 yesterday with only 2/5 coming through. Derby were comfortable winners, and the BTTS came through as expected. Shame about Preston as that could have made the day but they couldn't score a 3rd goal when down to 10 men. Rotherham were smashed by Southend and Sheffield United also lost. Hope to improve on today's results.

Re: Fishy's fancies QPR (-1 corner) to beat Aston Villa- 23/20 William Hill- (5/10) WIN QPR were superb against Wolves and their midfield trio of Barton, Taarabt and Wright-Phillips look to have blended in straight away and give the new boys that experience they need in the top flight. Wright-Phillips and Faurlin will look to bust down the wings and get to the bylines which should get them some corners. Villa without Heskey and Bent which I see as big blows, might be lacking some energy going forward.

Re: Fishy's fancies First bit of tennis action for me then for a while. Taking 3 for the morning. Ana Ivanovic (-5.5 handicap) to beat Anastasia Rodionova- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Jelena Jankovic (-4.5 handicap) to beat Barbora Zahlavova Strycova- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Fabio Fognini (-4.5 handicap) to beat Danai Udomchoke- Evens Bet365- (3/10)

Re: Fishy's fancies

First bit of tennis action for me then for a while. Taking 3 for the morning. Ana Ivanovic (-5.5 handicap) to beat Anastasia Rodionova- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) WIN Jelena Jankovic (-4.5 handicap) to beat Barbora Zahlavova Strycova- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) WIN Fabio Fognini (-4.5 handicap) to beat Danai Udomchoke- Evens Bet365- (3/10)
+4.26 for the tennis today, with only Fognini letting me down. Brings my overall to +13.41. Edit: can't format the 'loss' next to Fognini but it was a LOSS

Re: Fishy's fancies Cheers bud, yeah I'm actually going to miss contributing in the tennis threads, but uni has to be my top priority at the minute. During my holidays I'll hopefully add something. But to be honest, have to thank you mate, you know how much I've appreciated your tips and feedback in the tennis threads and I'd hazard a guess that without you, my understanding of the game and punting in general would certainly be more limited. Also got the idea for the thread from yours, which I was a constant reader of. Just hope I can have half the amount of success you did. But yeah, should have known better to back the Italian. Only reliable bet on him is the overs I have found :lol

Cheers bud, yeah I'm actually going to miss contributing in the tennis threads, but uni has to be my top priority at the minute. During my holidays I'll hopefully add something. But to be honest, have to thank you mate, you know how much I've appreciated your tips and feedback in the tennis threads and I'd hazard a guess that without you, my understanding of the game and punting in general would certainly be more limited. Also got the idea for the thread from yours, which I was a constant reader of. Just hope I can have half the amount of success you did. But yeah, should have known better to back the Italian. Only reliable bet on him is the overs I have found :lol
Appreciate the kind words mate :$ Remember though that you've got plenty of good ideas on the game yourself and trust your instincts and your rules. I started to find my diary tough to maintain, so will just stick to posting when I can in the appropriate topics. This week is going to be trappy in the tennis on the men's side, can't see anything for tomorrow unless the prices move.

Appreciate the kind words mate :$ Remember though that you've got plenty of good ideas on the game yourself and trust your instincts and your rules. I started to find my diary tough to maintain, so will just stick to posting when I can in the appropriate topics. This week is going to be trappy in the tennis on the men's side, can't see anything for tomorrow unless the prices move.
Feels like this was a deleted scene from Brokeback Mountain :lol Just having a little look now, depends on the prices of course, but the overs in the Nieminen and Petzchner matches, Gulbis handicap, possible tie break in the Sweeting-De Voest match and maybe the handicap on Tomic. But depends on prices and that's a very early glance.

Re: Fishy's fancies Looking to the football tonight. Got quite a few in mind, all of which I've tried to seek out some value in. Real Madrid (-2 AH) to beat Ajax- 19/20 Bet365- (5/10) Mourinho's men very strong at home, scoring goals for fun whilst Ajax haven't won in 3. Fancy Real to score quite a few tonight. Man City to beat Bayern Munich- 15/4 Bet365- (2/10) Man City (+0.5) to beat Bayern Munich- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) Regardless of City's inexperience in the Champions League and Bayern's good form, no way you can give a team of City's quality those kind of odds. Strength throughout the team now and just have to take them whilst they are that high. Hopefully they can get at least a draw, if not an away win to take back to Manchester. Lyon (-1) to beat Dinamo Zagreb- 13/10 Bet365- (3/10) Zagreb isn't an easy place to travel to as Real Madrid found but away from home is where their problem lies. Lyon an experienced outfit in Europe now, and won their last couple of home games by a couple of goals against good opposition. Fancy them to do the same tonight. Trabzonspor vs Lille- BTTS- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10) Lille have scored and conceded at least a goal in each of their last 6 matches showing their promise going forward but frailties at the back. Trabzonspor got that shock win over in Italy which shows they can play but I'd fancy a goal for either side in this one. A couple of domestic matches as well. Charlton to beat MK Dons- 9/5 Bet365- (3/10) Don't really see why Charlton are such a big price here, let alone underdogs. They sit top of the league and have only dropped 4 points all season whilst their opponents haven't won in 4. Charlton created tons of chances at the weekend against Chesterfield and should have scored more than they did so I'll back them to carry on their impressive start to the season here. Nottingham Forest to beat Burnley- 2/1 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Both teams have had dodgy starts to the season and both have a number of players out but if you look at the teams Forest have had to play recently, it's no shame in losing to the likes of West Ham and Southampton, whilst they should have beaten Derby but were poor. They managed a win at the weekend though against Watford and they should hopefully give them some confidence to record a second away win in the matter of few days.

Looking to the football tonight. Got quite a few in mind, all of which I've tried to seek out some value in. Real Madrid (-2 AH) to beat Ajax- 19/20 Bet365- (5/10) WIN Man City to beat Bayern Munich- 15/4 Bet365- (2/10) LOSS Man City (+0.5) to beat Bayern Munich- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) LOSS Lyon (-1) to beat Dinamo Zagreb- 13/10 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Trabzonspor vs Lille- BTTS- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10) WIN Charlton to beat MK Dons- 9/5 Bet365- (3/10) LOSS Nottingham Forest to beat Burnley- 2/1 Ladbrokes- (3/10) LOSS
Tiny profit of +0.65 tonight with Madrid, Lyon and the BTTS bets coming through. Takes my overall to +14.06.

Re: Fishy's fancies Onto the Europa League tonight then. Gone with a fair few. Lokomotiv Moscow vs Anderlecht- BTTS- 10/11 Coral- (4/10) Sporting Lisbon vs Lazio- Over 2.5 goals- Evens Coral- (3/10) PSG to beat Athletic Bilbao- 19/10 Coral- (3/10) Metalist Kharkiv vs Az Alkmaar- Over 2.5 goals- 10/11 Coral- (3/10) Malmo vs Austria Vienna- BTTS- 4/5 Coral- (3/10) Rapid Bucuresti vs PSV- Over 2.5 goals- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10) Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Dynamo Kiev- BTTS- Evens William Hill- (3/10) Schalke vs Maccabi Heifa- BTTS- 5/4 William Hill- (3/10) Twente vs Wisla Krakow- BTTS- 6/5 William Hill- (3/10)

Onto the Europa League tonight then. Gone with a fair few. Lokomotiv Moscow vs Anderlecht- BTTS- 10/11 Coral- (4/10) LOSS Sporting Lisbon vs Lazio- Over 2.5 goals- Evens Coral- (3/10) WIN PSG to beat Athletic Bilbao- 19/10 Coral- (3/10) LOSS Metalist Kharkiv vs Az Alkmaar- Over 2.5 goals- 10/11 Coral- (3/10) LOSS Malmo vs Austria Vienna- BTTS- 4/5 Coral- (3/10) WIN Rapid Bucuresti vs PSV- Over 2.5 goals- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Dynamo Kiev- BTTS- Evens William Hill- (3/10) WIN Schalke vs Maccabi Heifa- BTTS- 5/4 William Hill- (3/10) WIN Twente vs Wisla Krakow- BTTS- 6/5 William Hill- (3/10) WIN
Good night tonight. Bit disappointed about the Anderlecht bet, the Russian side dominated a fair chunk of that match looking at the stats. Anyways, profit of +9.35, leaving me on +23.41 :cheers

Re: Fishy's fancies Back to the domestic side of things today. Again quite a few catch the eye. Leeds to beat Portsmouth- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Burnley (+0.5 AH) to beat Millwall- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Rochdale vs Wycombe- Over 2.5 goals- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Hereford vs Oxford- Over 2.5 goals- 6/5 Coral- (3/10) Oldham to beat Exeter- 23/10 Bet365- (2/10) AFC Wimbledon to beat Gillingham- 21/10 Bet365- (2/10) Bradford to beat Burton- 13/5 Bet365- (2/10) Crewe to beat Dag and Red- 15/4 Bet365- (2/10)

Back to the domestic side of things today. Again quite a few catch the eye. Leeds to beat Portsmouth- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Burnley (+0.5 AH) to beat Millwall- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Rochdale vs Wycombe- Over 2.5 goals- Evens Bet365- (3/10) WIN Hereford vs Oxford- Over 2.5 goals- 6/5 Coral- (3/10) LOSS Oldham to beat Exeter- 23/10 Bet365- (2/10) LOSS AFC Wimbledon to beat Gillingham- 21/10 Bet365- (2/10) WIN Bradford to beat Burton- 13/5 Bet365- (2/10) LOSS Crewe to beat Dag and Red- 15/4 Bet365- (2/10) LOSS
Profit of +3.32 today. Quite frustrating though as it could have been so much better. Bradford were 2-0 up against Burton but only managed to draw, whilst Crewe also lead, albeit briefly. Anyways takes the overall to +26.73 :cheers

Re: Fishy's fancies Sunday's bill then, taken a few on my own side Chelsea, which I'm not a massive fan of doing, but hopefully they can get the 3 points and see the bets through. Also got a few in the north London derby. Chelsea (-1) to beat Bolton- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Chelsea to win to nil- 5/4 Bet365- (3/10) Frank Lampard First Goalscorer- 8/1 Ladbrokes- 1/3, 1,2,3,4,5- (1/10 E/W) Spurs to beat Arsenal- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) Rafael Van der Vaart First Goalscorer- 6/1 Bet365- 1/3, Unlimited Places- (1/10 E/W) Gareth Bale First Goalscorer- 9/1 Bet365- 1/3 Unlimited Places- (1/10 E/W)

Sunday's bill then, taken a few on my own side Chelsea, which I'm not a massive fan of doing, but hopefully they can get the 3 points and see the bets through. Also got a few in the north London derby. Chelsea (-1) to beat Bolton- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) WIN Chelsea to win to nil- 5/4 Bet365- (3/10) LOSS Frank Lampard First Goalscorer- 8/1 Ladbrokes- 1/3, 1,2,3,4,5- (1/10 E/W) PLACE Spurs to beat Arsenal- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Rafael Van der Vaart First Goalscorer- 6/1 Bet365- 1/3, Unlimited Places- (1/10 E/W) WIN Gareth Bale First Goalscorer- 9/1 Bet365- 1/3 Unlimited Places- (1/10 E/W) LOSS
Good day with a profit of +11.26. Shame Chelsea conceded that consolation, bit sloppy still on set pieces, whilst Bale had a couple of good chances to get on the scoresheet but wasn't to be. Overall now up to +37.99 :cheers

Re: Fishy's fancies Getting involved in the darts tonight with a few bets. Always a fan of watching the televised events so we'll see what happens. Denis Ovens to beat Jamie Caven- 5/6 Coral- (3/10) Ovens vs Caven- Highest Checkout 104&Over- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Gary Anderson vs Richie Burnett- Total 180's 5&Over- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10)

Getting involved in the darts tonight with a few bets. Always a fan of watching the televised events so we'll see what happens. Denis Ovens to beat Jamie Caven- 5/6 Coral- (3/10) WIN Ovens vs Caven- Highest Checkout 104&Over- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Gary Anderson vs Richie Burnett- Total 180's 5&Over- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10) WIN
Full house tonight which gets the darts off to an impressive start. Profit of +11.22 tonight, bringing the overall to +49.21. Just a side note if anyone is following the darts, head over to the other sports forum and check out kevshat tonight as well as in general. Extremely impressive, but tonight was a super night for him thus far. :cheers

Re: Fishy's fancies And a few tennis bets for the early hours. Psycho and Atko doing a fine job in the tennis forum-well worth a check if people haven't done so already. Bernard Tomic (+4.5 games) to beat Mardy Fish- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Tomas Berdych (-3.5 games) to beat Fernando Verdasco- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Santiago Giraldo (+6 games) to beat Rafael Nadal- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)

Taken a couple in the darts tonight. Simon Whitlock (-1.5 sets) to beat Mark Hylton- 4/6 Bet365- (5/10) LOSS Phil Taylor vs Paul Nicholson- Highest Checkout Over 121.5- 5/6 William Hill- (5/10) WIN
-0.83 in the darts last night as Whitlock couldn't make the most of taking the first set.