** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing: Sun 18th Sept

RussP

3.40 Hamilton Despite just 6 runners standing their ground, this looks a tidy little race and will take some winning. Jeannie Galloway is the favourite on the back of her short head 2nd to stable companion Coolminx in Friday's Bronze Cup. Unpenalised for that run 2 days ago and again has Hanagan on board. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that race has taken its toll so I'm going to oppose the favourite. Spinatrix currently lies 2nd in the betting after a run of form that has seen her win 3 of her last 6 races, with the other 3 resulting in 2 2nds and a 3rd. Will love the soft ground but her mark is now reaching its ceiling, I'm certain of that, and this tougher grade may just scupper her chances of making it 4 from 7. Of the 2 outsiders, Ursula has the best claims but was also engaged in the Bronze Cup and this race has possibly come too soon whilst Red Roar is probably better over the minimum trip rather than 6f it will face here with a stiffish finish. This leaves me with 2 and I cannot split the pair so would recommend both at a shade over 2/1 coupled. Amitola is top weight and looks to be coming back to form after a disappointing season. Consequently, she's just 1lb above her winning mark of last term and now has her favoured soft ground. Took a while to come to hand in 2010 and has followed a similar path this season. Relatively fresh, unlike some of her rivals, I think this will prove to be her easiest opportunity to date and she'll certainly be in the shake up. The one to give her most to do is the 3yo Lady Paris. Hacked up in a couple of 6f handicaps last month before finishing midfield in a hot 7f York handicap. That day, off a mark of 90, she probably found that a furlong too far so the drop back to 6f, a 3lb ease in the weights and ease in grade should make the difference, as well as the jockey's 7lb claim. Is another that will appreciate the ground and has a leading chance. Amitola, 2pts win @ 11/2 Stan James Lady Paris, 2pts win @ 5/1 William Hill BOG

Re: Flat Racing: Sun 18th Sept Hamilton 3.40 - Spinatrix (5.00) & Lady Paris (5.50) Course & Distance This downhill 6F favours those out at the front. With the ground soft anyway it should be difficult for a held-up horse to get into this. The faster ground is on the far side but it remains to be seen whether any of them head over there. Narrowing the Field Ursula and Red Roar get the chop on account of their held-up tactics. The remaining four horses all look good animals. Amitola is still to get going this season and tactics seem to chop and change so can't rely too heavily on this one. Jeannie Galloway is clearly a class animal and is favourite today, however I can't have her because she hasn't won this season despite placing, and shows a preference for a longer trip. Selections Spinatrix is a frontrunner who is coming up in class. Yet to prove itself at this level but career record is excellent at 10-3-3-1 and has placed or won its last 6 starts with form 112213. Lady Paris delays her move to take the lead at the halfway mark and can take advantage of the early frontrunner in this way. Has come on this season and won 2/5 races so far. The pipecleaner run can be discounted, as can the latest run at class 2 which was too much - so make that 2/3 so far this season.