Flat Racing Sept 1st

Amir Pasha is top weight for this 0-65 handicap and looks to have a solid chance in an ordinary event. Has been running well of late and was a good second last time in a better race at Haydock over a trip too shaort. This 1m6f should suit and Al Furat looks the only real danger. Al Furat gets in on a mark of just 55 and last time was a fair third at Catterick over 12f. He was staying on well that day and this extra distance should suit. He looks to have some improvement to come and should be involved. The rest of the field look either exposed or out of form and this should rest between the two already mentioned. At the prices i'll take them both against the field. Amir Pasha 4/1 Bet365 Al Furat 7/2 Bet365

Re: Flat Racing Sept 1st 3.50 Salisbury Elbe 0.5pt e/w @ 14/1 PaddyPower Going to give this horse another chance here after a very disappointing effort last time out at Lingfield. To be fair the horse ran freely and pulled for nearly 4 furlongs so it was no surprise the horse had nothing left when asked for an effort. It is interesting they have opted for the hood for this horse to try and concentrate her mind on the job. Hopefully it will do the trick. Add that to the fact that they will probably go a better gallop here and this horse should be able to get herself into a nice rhythm early on like she showed on her first two outings. On her first start on a racecourse she travelled very nicely into the race only to fade away towards the finish and end up 6th. That effort came in one of the hottest maidens this year which has prodcued horses such as Samitar, Gamilati, My Propeller and Regal Realm. On her second start she showed the same powerful cruising speed to take a decent Doncaster maiden and never really had to be asked a serious question. I am hoping her last run was just a blip and they obviously think pretty highly of her as she is group 1 entered. This is obviously a different kettle of fish to what she has raced against so far. Dreamwriter was so impressive on debut and should be in the shake up here. Inetrobil probably brings the best form to the table and has to be respected. The race is full of unexposed types and looks a tricky one to call but I do think Elbe can show her true colours here and get involved.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.