** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - Test Series

coys1000

Schedule:

Wed Aug 31 - Sun Sep 4 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST 1st Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Galle International Stadium
N/A
Thu Sep 8 - Mon Sep 12 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
N/A
Fri Sep 16 - Tue Sep 20 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST 3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo
N/A
With rain forecast for all next week in Galle,the Draw looks like a fantastic bet,or am i missing something?

Cricket: SL v Aus Test Series The first starts on Wednesday. Current Pricing Sri Lanka 3/1 Australia 3/1 Draw 4/6 http://www.myweather2.com/Cricket/Sri-Lanka/Galle-Stadium.aspx?sday=7 http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1321 An incredible amount of rain forecast in Galle, it's actually monsoon season at the minute. I *might* have a nibble on the draw as I can see it hitting 1.5 to 1.6at start of play and trade out.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - Test Series 3 series bets for me. 2pts Sri Lanka vs Australia - Correct Score 0-0 13/2 Skybet I look at these two bowling line up's and the batting line up's they will be up against and on these low, slow wickets I can't see there being many results in this three match series. Sri Lanka just went to England and but for a 20 over collapse they would've come away with a 0-0 draw and with Australia needing to take a groundsman out to Sri Lanka as spinner numero uno I don't see them taking 20 wickets too often either. This series could come down to Mendis' mystery vs the Australian batting line up and then with the weather and the potential rain at this time of the year wiping out much of the play I think the 0-0 draw looks a decent enough price to me. 2pts M.Hussey Top Australia Series Batsman 11/2 Bet365 Michael Hussey was easily Australia's best batsmen in their last test series against England and I see no reason why he won't go well again in Sri Lanka. He has two centuries against them in two test matches and that was a better bowling attack than the one he'll be up against here. He plays seam well and he plays spin well so conditions shouldn't worry him too much and neither will this powderpuff bowling attack. In the one ODI he got to have a decent bat he made 60 odd so he is in a bit of nick and at 11/2 can go very well over these 3 test matches. 3pts A.Mendis Top Sri Lanka Series Bowler 11/4 Stan James Although slowly Australia got used to the mysteries of Mendis in the ODI's I still feel he's the biggest threat to them here. Rangana Herath could be a threat but he's less likely to run through the left handers which Mendis can when he bowls the off spinner. I don't see Sri Lanka's seamers offering much on these turning wickets so it looks likely that it will be a two horse race here. Mendis went fantastically well in the ODI's and I think he'll take the most wickets in the test series too.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - Test Series -2 for the series after Australia ended the 0-0 at the first time of asking. Mendis not playing has left me up against it there too but Hussey leads at the minute so hopefully he can ram home the advantage over the final two tests. I'm going with one for this match which begins shortly. 4pts R.Herath's Performance Pts - 105&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Rangana Herath took 8 wickets at Galle and while this Pallekele track might not turn square like that did on day one it will turn as the match wears on and I expect him to be among the wickets again, especially as the majority of the Aussies can't play spin very well, or don't play it very well at least. We saw in England that he's useful with the bat as well so that's a solid enough scoring option while caught and bowled's are definitely on his radar. I think we can get away with 4 wickets here if he bats twice because I think he can make up the other 25 with runs and catches but given that he made up a total of 192 in the first test I think this 105 is still on the low side so I'll take him to cover it once again.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - Test Series I backed Australia to win the second fixture at 3.15 with Sportsbet. I backed them in the first test and they ran out with a comfortable victory. On the first occassion I can't say I had any sound reasoning, I simply went with the patriotic bet! - I have to admit I love betting on the Australian national sporting teams. The second time around though I've decided to back the Aussies based on a fairly impressive display in Galle. Our batting performance was far from the best, but there were a few promising signs from the likes of Watson and Hussey. I was more then happy with the bowling performance though, and can only see the side going from strength to strength. Apologies for the late post, I couldn't find this thread last night when I checked, but obviously I didn't look hard enough. Test is underway and Sri Lanka are 42-3, not a bad start for the Aussies. :ok

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - Test Series Herath never played so that was voided. -2 coming into this match. I'll settle the Mendis bet after the test because he won't have played a single match and I'm not sure where we stand with Stan James with that. Hopefully Hussey can press home his 100+ run advantage in this match too. One for this match. Apologies for anyone who isn't able to get on, I had this down as a Saturday start rather than a Friday one :$. 4pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 90&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Kumar Sangakkara isn't keeping wicket in test matches but I've included the keeping points rather than the wicket ones because he definitely won't bowl and who knows what might happen. Jayawardene could get injured and he might end up keeping. Anyway the reason I'm taking this bet is because Kumar Sangakkara averages pretty much 75 an innings on this ground with 7 tons from 18 matches including centuries in each of his last three tests here. 3 of his 7 tons have been double centuries so it's fair to say Sanga likes this venue. This is his 100th test so he'll be out to put a marker down on it and I expect this line to be covered with the bat. He scored knocks of 48 and 69 in the last test and was out to Hussey who I don't think will bowl here, and Harris who is out injured so there's potential for lots more runs. He took 3 catches in Pallekele too which if he can replicate that it wouldn't do us any harm. Even so with his record with the willow on this ground I'll take the overs firmly believing the classy left hander reaches this total with the bat.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - Test Series Sangakkara got out 11 runs before hitting his target and didn't get a 2nd innings otherwise he'd have covered that comfortably. -4 for the match bets with the Herath one void but +6 for the outrights with Hussey comfortably coming in. +2 for the series overall which I'll take as I find Sri Lanka really tricky with all the rain that comes and goes.