Flat racing - Aug 25th

3.40 CARLISLE FLY BY WHITE 8-1 1pt ew I think the favourite Abidhabidubai is a decent horse,with form like that it deserves favouritism..But the ex Hannon Horse FLY BY WHITE at forecast odds of 8-1 is fantastic value for me for it's new stable and could get off the mark here off this weight.. Varying results for this maybe connections lost patience and decided time to move it on..However on closer inspection we see that this ones optimum distance is a mile..it's form in total is 9232917733..It's for over the mile is 2213,it has never been out of the places...It had previously been running very well class 5 level winning and placing in decent races,before loosing its way,but i believe the mile could bring the best out of it,plus the claimer takes off handy 5 pounds and it 10 pounds on the favourite in total,i think it will go very close if off. 5.40 CARLISLE BRIGHT APPLAUSE 12-1 1pt ew BRIGHT APPLAUSE is no great star but it wont have to be to win this weak race...Tried over varying trips has run well over 10f,and has been staying on over this distance so maybe will appreciate the step up to 11f... F Norton takes the ride here for the first time,and maybe he can give it a strong ride,acts on good to soft and soft ground which looks to be tomorrow.last time out over 10f at Beverly ran ok finishing 5 lengths off Carragold on the 10 Aug ..Carragold went on to win and place in its next two races..In fact a few behind Bright applause that day went on to run well next time out so it was a fairly strong race..Hopeful of place at least. 6.40 WOLVES WOOLSTON FERRY 12-1 3ptew I think WOOLSTON FERRY will be very hard to keep out of the frame here..Didn't really get into it last time running ok but not quite challenging in the end,but on a going day off this mark will go very close.. This will be the first time this one runs over 9f at wolves since the 4th september last year when seeing off favourite at the time,mr chocolate drop by a neck..Mr Chocolate drop looks like it will go off joint favourite for tomorrows race and including the claimer will be better off in the weights by 2 pounds. In fact it has faced Mr Chocolate drop 3 times in the past..Including the above over C&D but has faced it over 8f at kempton the following month and also beat it by 4 lengths off similar weights to tomorrow.. The only other time they faced CHOCOLATE DROP came out on top by 2 lengths,however WOOLSTON FERRY is 6 pounds better off for tomrrow's race,but that was over 7f any way.. Its now down also to its last winning mark when this jockey was up is 3 and 1 over C&D,50 per cent win record and 100 per cent place,and if things fall into place this one should go very close tomrorow.. :?

Re: Flat racing - Aug 24th 5.10 Carlisle: Schoolboy Champ 1pt win @ 11/1 Will Hill BOG Patrick Morris sends just this one runner out today to Carlisle and I think it has a great chance here. Won over C&D a few starts back from only 3lbs lower - has ideal conditions again and with Lee Topliss good for his 3lbs claim the horse effectively runs from the same mark here as that victory. Has put in some decent performances at this track as well as the win so could be decent value here at 11/1.

Re: Flat racing - Aug 24th Wow, i stuck a daft 10er on Silken Thoughts this morning @ 4/1, then went off to the travel agents to pick up my holiday package for Turkey, come back, check oddschecker and he is gone into 5/2.... Big money going on this animal, might be worth watching out for especially with Gannon on board. Is 3-2-4 from three runs at the track, Cathy Gannon is 3-4-1 from three runs on the horse, runs off same mark as when 2nd at Newbury last time out, jockey is in good form, John Berry's only runner today and the last time the jockey and trainer teamed up they won. Lingfield 2:30 Silken Thoughts :drums

Re: Flat racing - Aug 25th Lingfield 2:00 Rosy Dawn Finished 2nd at the course and distance with the same going there is today. Beaten by 1 length after leading the way up to 150 yards out. It was his fourth start of the year so he could be getting fitter and have more to come here. Count Ceprano defeated her to get his second consecutive win and make it 5 wins from his last 8 runs going back to last year. Last time out was his debut for the trainer Mark Hoard and first time with jockey William Carson who is booked today. 5pts ew @ 8-1 Bet365

Re: Flat racing - Aug 25th 2.00 Lingfield - 4pts win Miss Blink @ 4/1 (Bet365) - BOG This horse has been made by the step up to 10f, and I think she's still capable of going in once more off her current mark. Kieron Fallon takes the ride for the first time today, which is naturally a big positive. Since being stepped up in trip, Miss Blink has won twice, been 3rd twice and was 6th last time out. However, despite her seemingly better on quick ground (softer today), I don't think the soft ground holds too many fears based on her run last year behind Franki J at Yarmouth, and think her defeat this year on it was simply due to meeting two well-treated animals in Jeu De Vivre and Silver Tigress. The former is now 9lbs highter in the handicap, and the latter 13lbs. At Bath on her penultimate start, Miss Blink was only beaten 3/4l and when leading inside the final furlong, she just stumbled, and it cost her momentum that may well have seen her win. Last time out she got outpaced and to be honest I just think the field was a little bit stronger than what she faces today. This doesn't look a good race, and I think she's very much up to winning it on a track which should suit.

Re: Flat racing - Aug 25th 3.30 Lingfield - 2pts win Kyllasie @ 9/1 (Bet365) - BOG All 4 of Kyllasie's runs to date have been over the minimum trip, but she's bred to get further and has very much shaped as if a step up in trip would serve her well having been outpaced early on before staying on in her 3 maidens and one handicap try so far in her short career. She clearly showed something at home to be sent off at 4/11 on her racecourse debut at Kempton but she was chopped off when going for a run up the rail and ended up held in a 1 3/4l 4th of 5th. Her next two maidens followed the pattern of being slowly away and a bit outpaced before staying on behind some okay horses so it was hoped that her being entered into handicap company would be the making of her. Richard Hannon persisted with 5f and she was outpaced and ridden from an early stage before keeping on. The winner, Mister Musicmaster, looks progressive and went close in a good race last time out. Kyllasie was only beaten 2 1/2l by that rival, again shaping as if a bit more of a test would suit. I think she will get 7f which will allow her to go the early gallop, and looks a big price here so long as she settles because I think she'll get home, and exploit her lowly handicap mark now up in distance.

Re: Flat racing - Aug 25th 2.40 Carlisle - 1pt e/w Jay Kay @ 16/1 (Bet365) - BOG This horse is very much one who will be pleased to get into handicap company, as he was always going to struggle to win a maiden off a mark of 61. Even though his pedigree suggests he'll get quite a bit further, he's looked every bit a 5f sprinter to date, as he was even quite keen over the minimum trip last time out. He naturally needed the experience on his debut but showed promise coming through the field having been outpaced to finish 6th of 17 over 6f at the track he runs today. On the look of it, his 2nd run doesn't look too great, but considering 5f looks his trip, he tried to make all over 6f in a race which in the end looked not bad with 2 horses 8l clear, exaggerating the losing margin for my selection. Those two horses were clearly a bit better than the maiden company on that occasion, so the 13l defeat of Jay Kay probably wasn't as bad as it looked. This was proven to some degree when he was dropped to 5f at Hamilton last time out when he had to dispute the lead and raced quite freely. He was only beaten 3l though with a very solid yardstick in 2nd and a promising newcomer winning the race. He gets in off a lowly mark today in a weak race, and I think he can go well.

Re: Flat racing - Aug 24th

Wow' date=' i stuck a daft 10er on Silken Thoughts this morning @ 4/1, then went off to the travel agents to pick up my holiday package for Turkey, come back, check oddschecker and he is gone into 5/2.... Big money going on this animal, might be worth watching out for especially with Gannon on board. Is [b']3-2-4 from three runs at the track, Cathy Gannon is 3-4-1 from three runs on the horse, runs off same mark as when 2nd at Newbury last time out, jockey is in good form, John Berry's only runner today and the last time the jockey and trainer teamed up they won. Lingfield 2:30 Silken Thoughts :drums
:beer

Re: Flat racing - Aug 25th Since Silken Thoughts won, ill have another 10er on Public Esteem.. Should be a lot sharper for the run it had last time out, lightly raced for a 10 year old, only had 14 runs resulting in 3 wins and 3 places. Mrs Alex Dunn dont be fooled is always the partner of the horse any time it has won or placed... She claims 7 pounds and John Spearings last runner won at Chepstow yesterday, big chance. Public Esteem Ffos Las 2:50 5/1 Hills :drums

Re: Flat racing - Aug 25th

Since Silken Thoughts won, ill have another 10er on Public Esteem.. Should be a lot sharper for the run it had last time out, lightly raced for a 10 year old, only had 14 runs resulting in 3 wins and 3 places. Mrs Alex Dunn dont be fooled is always the partner of the horse any time it has won or placed... She claims 7 pounds and John Spearings last runner won at Chepstow yesterday, big chance. Public Esteem Ffos Las 2:50 5/1 Hills :drums
:clap For Silken thoughts unlucky Public Esteem came second! Any more for us ;)