** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Carling Cup > 23-25 August

Spooner

Re: Carling Cup > 23-25 August

i support Everton and i would not touch the at the moment with injury doubts over Tim Cahill' date= Louis Saha and Jermaine Beckford, think Jan Mucha is in goal tonight aswell last season Brentford put us out of the cup and i can see another upset tonight, i think Liverpool could be a good bet -1
I agree - Everton a bit of a risk tonight and I'll be leaving well alone. Last night showed how Prem teams can be vulnerable in this cup (due to the way most of them line up with weakened teams). Having said that, Kenny expected not to take tonight's game lightly and play a fair few first-teamers. I'm on the following bet: Liverpool to win both halves. Currently just under 2/1 with Corals.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Carling Cup > 23-25 August Exeter v Liverpool Luis Suarez hat-trick 1pt win - 20/1 888 Bluesq 16/1 VC Very strong lineup by Liverpool tonight - Reina, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Meireles, Maxi, Suarez. Cheeky 1pt for me. Bookmakers are slow to react on the starting 11. Suarez should be single figures.

Exeter v Liverpool Luis Suarez hat-trick 1pt win - 20/1 888 Bluesq 16/1 VC Very strong lineup by Liverpool tonight - Reina, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Meireles, Maxi, Suarez. Cheeky 1pt for me. Bookmakers are slow to react on the starting 11. Suarez should be single figures.
Blimey :loon Reina in goal, i dont think ive ever seen him play a Carling cup match, there's a strong chance on us keeping a clean sheet tonight. The team does looks pretty strong. Its swayed me to have a small bet on them. Liverpool to win to nil @ 21/20 Bet 365

Blimey :loon Reina in goal, i dont think ive ever seen him play a Carling cup match, there's a strong chance on us keeping a clean sheet tonight. The team does looks pretty strong. Its swayed me to have a small bet on them. Liverpool to win to nil @ 21/20 Bet 365
Just an interesting fact I stumbled upon. "These two sides have met three times in this competition, with Exeter failing to score a single goal, and conceding 13 to the Reds." Taking a couple more bets: 6pts on Liverpool to keep a clean sheet @ 1.83 bet365 4pts on Liverpool to win to nil @ 2.00 bet365 1pt on Suarez to score 3 or more @ 13.00 bet365 2pts on Liverpool (-2 AH) @ 2.75 bet365

Re: Carling Cup > 23-25 August Pretty strong line up from Peterborough Jones, Little Bennett Wootto Alcock, McCann, Rowe, Frecklington, Tomlin, Boyd Taylor The Posh will jubilant after thrashing Ipswich 7-1, i can see them causing Boro a few problems, Mcdonald is also missing so that will be a blow for Riverside men. Darren Ferguson confident an free flowing footballing side should see this tie through. Missed out on early prices cause i wanted to see the team line up :\ Peterborough @ 6/5 Bet 365

Late one but going big on L'pool, strong team and I think they will be desperate to do well and will take it seriously with no Euro f'ball this season and the winners go into the Europa League Selection: Liverpool -1.5 AH @ 1.75 with Bet365 - 10 units:nana
Phew, was sweating a bit at the end there +7.5 units :ok

Sport Football (England - Cups)
Event Scunthorpe vs Newcastle
Selection Newcastle -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 25/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.00
Reasoning Newcastle started very well new season draw with Arsenal 0-0, followed by win against Sunderland 0-1 on the road, so this team is in very good fit. On the other hand Scunthorpe continue with winless strike after four rounds they are in bottom of league one table. Newcastle will not include Joey Barton, who is discussing a move to QPR and in any case would have been rested as he has a slight foot problem. There could be a competitive debut for Sylvain Marveaux, and youngsters Haris Vuckic and Sammy Ameobi may feature. However last season Newcastle defeated Chlesea 3-4 on the road in round three in this cup so I think they are good value today.

Re: Carling Cup > 23-25 August Small punt today on scunthorpe to qualify @5/2 I feel that theres value in the odds and that scunthorpe will try to get a nice cup run going after their miserable season. Newcastle are also a strong side and pardew will probably see this as an oppotunity to win a trophy. However i really dislike newcastle, from the owner to the manager (not to let this affect my bet). Mike ashley is a right twat for obvious reasons and pardew doesnt seem like a great bloke at all. He seems to be very aggressive over every decision the referee makes and makes a big deal of it. For example in the post match interview in the arsenal game, the guy said there might have been three sending offs today, pardew replied: oh yeah song shoulda been off. then he said: perhaps joey barton should have had a red card along with gervinho also? Pardew immediately replied aggressively: "Why Joey??". This makes me feel he will not see scunthorpe as a threat and underestimate the strength oh the side, afterall, they are all professional footballers.

PBoro v MBoro Clash of the Boro's - Mogga has said he wants to play a strong side, but can't play keeper Ikeme (Wolves don't want him cuptied) and Scott McDonald has tweeked his hamstring. Bates may also be rested as it will increase his transfer fee value if not cup tied or injured. Mogga may have to sell Bates to raise funds to bring in more players. PBoro's form this season has to be respected they have made a great start especially at home. If this goes to form it will be very high scoring - these 2 team don't do unders. I can see anything happening in this game and I don't have a clue on what team PBoro will play. However I have taken MBoro at 9/2 in the HT/FT market as good value - 4 out of their last 5 away games have resulted in this outcome. The one that didn't was away at Leeds which Boro still won. :)
Mighty good pick!!!!:clap

Peterborough vs Middlesborough over 3 @ 1.87 (12 Bet) Peterborough are a massive overs team, there was more goals in their games last year than any other team in England last season. This season has started off in very much the same fashion, and their last game in the league cup finished 2-2 at Stevenage (and 3-4 AET). Both teams are on good form, and scoring for fun. Carling Cup brings out a lot of goals as we have already seen. I would say this is because the games are not as important as league games for most of the sides, yet they are important enough for both teams to take them seriously and to want to win. They also want to avoid extra time. Stake 3/10.
Bet lost, was anticipating a closer game, in which case I think would have had a strong chance of going over. By the sounds of it Middlesboro shut up shop after the second goal and were too solid in defence for the home side to cause them any problems.