maximize.gif APOEL v Wisla Kraków (19:45 BST) 1.78 3.4 4 110.59 %
maximize.gif FC Zürich v FC Bayern München (19:45 BST) 5.9 3.99 1.57 105.71 %
maximize.gif Malmö FF v Dinamo Zagreb (19:45 BST) 2.5 3.35 2.38 111.87 %
maximize.gif Racing Genk v Maccabi Haifa (19:45 BST) 1.9 3.4 3.5 110.61 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Odense BK (19:45 BST) 1.31 4.6 6.6 113.23 %
Wednesday 24 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Rubin Kazan v Olympique Lyonnais (17:00 BST) 2.35 3.3 2.9 107.34 %
maximize.gif Benfica v FC Twente (19:45 BST) 1.58 4.1 6.25 103.68 %
maximize.gif SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz v FC BATE Borisov (19:45 BST) 2.36 3.3 3.4 102.09 %
maximize.gif Udinese v Arsenal (19:45 BST) 2.7 3.3 2.8 103.05 %

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Some early thoughts. OB Odense won the first leg and I still don't get it why they are @ 11.00. Glad I took them few days ago to Qualify @ 6.00. The same goes to Victoria Plzen who are @ 2.30 to win (by the way this game is missing). Udinese - Arsenal will be an interesting fixture. If Van Persie will play than I will most likely back Both to Score because I expect Arsenal to score a goal but can't see them keeping a clean sheet against Udinese.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Malmö gets back 3 keyplayers, Johan Dahlin (1st goalkeeper, 3 times better than other), Ricardinho and Stenström. Got sold out in 1 hour and the cheapest tickets was 500 times more expensive than the price Dinamo took. (500*0.1 euro = 50 euro) Nice price for Malmö here who must win with atleast 3-0 :unsure Zagreb lost to Koper away 3-0 1 or 2 years ago so nothing is impossible.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August

Malmö gets back 3 keyplayers, Johan Dahlin (1st goalkeeper, 3 times better than other), Ricardinho and Stenström. Got sold out in 1 hour and the cheapest tickets was 500 times more expensive than the price Dinamo took. (500*0.1 euro = 50 euro) Nice price for Malmö here who must win with atleast 3-0 :unsure Zagreb lost to Koper away 3-0 1 or 2 years ago so nothing is impossible.
That's champions league. They will play defensive football so at most will lose 1-0.

That's champions league. They will play defensive football so at most will lose 1-0.
We will see. The difference between this two matches is that Malmö will get 3 keyplayers back and the atmosphere at the arena. Because at the away match there was none atmosphere.

We will see. The difference between this two matches is that Malmö will get 3 keyplayers back and the atmosphere at the arena. Because at the away match there was none atmosphere.
I understand you are from Sweden. Before the game I thought Malmo would qualify and I backed them to do so. But it is very unlikely at the moment.

Malmö gets back 3 keyplayers, Johan Dahlin (1st goalkeeper, 3 times better than other), Ricardinho and Stenström. Got sold out in 1 hour and the cheapest tickets was 500 times more expensive than the price Dinamo took. (500*0.1 euro = 50 euro) Nice price for Malmö here who must win with atleast 3-0 :unsure Zagreb lost to Koper away 3-0 1 or 2 years ago so nothing is impossible.
Would you stop with your unreasonable and irrelevant posts, try to give us some quality. What does the price of the tickets have to do with your team performance? Yours and that Wilton guy's quibbling with the Croatian fans turned the previous CL thread into a ****hole :puke Do not start it again. Now on the topic. How come you expect the returning of a goalie and a left back to win you the game on Tuesday?

Would you stop with your unreasonable and irrelevant posts, try to give us some quality. What does the price of the tickets have to do with your team performance? Yours and that Wilton guy's quibbling with the Croatian fans turned the previous CL thread into a ****hole :puke Do not start it again. Now on the topic. How come you expect the returning of a goalie and a left back to win you the game on Tuesday?
It is just a patriotic thought. When we (Neftchi) lost to Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 many people including myself did not bother going to the stadium or even watching the return leg on TV.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Udinese vs Arsenal - Selection: Udinese 13/10 William Hills Arsenal's problems are well documented, there is a black cloud hanging over the club at the moment. The injury crisis has been compounded by Koscielny hobbling off against Liverpool, and Nasri could be on his way by the time this game rolls around aswell. Even if he hasnt left i'm sure Arsenal will be wary about cup-tie-ing him as this would decrease his transfer value. Udinese showed in the first game they are no mugs and were very unlucky not to score.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Apoel-Wisła over 2 @ 1,75 (bet365) 7/10 After a tough battle Wisła managed to pull out a narrow 1-0 in first leg but really didn't impress. Apoel never looked like an inferior team and the second game can turn the tide. I think that in order to advance Wisła must score in Cyprus and obviously it could be easier for them due to much offensive Apoel's strategy. There are also two things that put me off backing Wisła. Some years ago they won the first leg in CL quali vs Panathinaikos by 3-1 but then lost 1-4 in overtime. Polish players tend to be complacent with their effort after a win and gaining an advantage and even if nobody from Wisła admits it in public they could be distracted a bit because of this thought in back of their heads. The second thing I dislike very much is that coach Maaskant fielded a B-team vs Korona in the Polish league (0-0). I simply don't believe in a theory that players should be "rested" before an important match because they lose the rythm of the game and tend to focus too much on one game. Not to say that a day off for a bunch of players in Poland means a beer or two in a shoping mall or a night club ... :lol So I won't risk a straight bet on any of those two but recommend over 2 which seems to be a very safe option. I believe we will see something like 2-1, 1-2 or at least 1-1 in case of a draw. :hope

Dude I see you are a Malmo fan, but don't waste your money betting on a team which was outguned 19:1 in goal attempts last week. Malmo was very lucky to get away with 4:1 and you can't blame the goalkeeper for none of the goals. He actually made some good saves. And as I understood Dahlin was available but the manager benched him. So I don't see why should you expect a radically different game this week.

The second thing I dislike very much is that coach Maaskant fielded a B-team vs Korona in the Polish league (0-0). I simply don't believe in a theory that players should be "rested" before an important match because they lose the rythm of the game and tend to focus too much on one game. Not to say that a day off for a bunch of players in Poland means a beer or two in a shoping mall or a night club ... :lol :hope
Well, I have to disagree, resting key players is something that most coaches in football do. Please also note that unlike previous years, Wisla had an intense pre-season, as Maaskant wanted to avoid shocking elimination like it happened before, therefore the fatigue may be high, even though it's so early in the season. Agree with the >2.0 goals, though Cheers

Udinese - Arsenal will be an interesting fixture. If Van Persie will play than I will most likely back Both to Score because I expect Arsenal to score a goal but can't see them keeping a clean sheet against Udinese.
Good call (I can the defence conceding especially if they are behind and pressing) - but shouldn't your decision to place this bet depend on what the odds are? ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Did anybody from Croatia know with what kind of squad Zagreb is planning to play against Malmo ? In first leg, Malmo played like a joke and Dinamo was a few classe above them. So right now the odds on Zagreb @2.40 Bet365 looks pretty tempting. I know that they could play defensive football just not to lose, but still... if they will have the same players on pitch.... they should win this game. Besides that, Daniel Andersson (Malmo's captain) is gonna miss this game due to injury.

Did anybody from Croatia know with what kind of squad Zagreb is planning to play against Malmo ? In first leg, Malmo played like a joke and Dinamo was a few classe above them. So right now the odds on Zagreb @2.40 Bet365 looks pretty tempting. I know that they could play defensive football just not to lose, but still... if they will have the same players on pitch.... they should win this game. Besides that, Daniel Andersson (Malmo's captain) is gonna miss this game due to injury.
Everyone who played the 1st leg last week will be available for this game and most likely the lineup will be the same.Be aware that we also rested several players in the league game on Saturday,and despite that won 4-0 away against a team from upper part of the league table.Malmo will probably give everything to attack,even more of a chance for us to score a couple of goals,I agree 2.40 is a very tempting price considering we have a much stronger team.But 4-1 is a huge advantage and we won't be rushing surely,could be a draw.I don't usually bet on 2nd leg matches when a team basically already secured the win overall.I'd bet Dinamo draw no bet,but considering the 1st leg result this isn't a game to bet a lot of money on it. Think Apoel @1.80 could be a great one,saw some reports of the 1st leg and heard Apoel played very well and had mulitple chances to score,they're also pretty tough at home,worth a shot at these odds. Villarreal should definitely win,and them to qualify is one I also might take.Udinese-Arsenal is a no bet really,all 3 outcomes more than possible.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Thanx for info mate. I will take my chances with Zagreb DNB @ 1.66. Dont see them losing in Sweden with the same squad what was in 1st leg.... worst case what i see is money back. Odds on Udinese looks nice, and fading Arsenal at this moment is a good thing but i guess i will wait for the team news. Wanna know if Nasri play and who from the injured players will come back in the squad.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Apoel - Wisla HW 1.85 @Pinnacle Apoel looks like a HW to me. I watched the first leg and Wisla were equal but no superiour to Apoel. We have all reasons to believe that Apoel will use their home advantage and most likely defeat the Poles. After all they played in the CL group stage not too long ago, unlike any Polish team. Perhaps my reasoning is not convincing to most of you. Let me put it this way- when was the last time when the champions of Cyprus failed to win a home game against mediocre opposition.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Sport Football (Champions League) Event FC Zurich vs Bayern Munich Selection Clean Sheet - Bayern Munich Strength 10/10 Date 23/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.50 Reasoning I like the look of this bet for tomorrow. In the first leg, FC Zurich hardly looked like scoring and were on the backfoot for majority of the match. Bayern Munich have now won 3 games in a row keeping clean sheets in all of those matches. With a 2:0 lead from the first leg, Bayern are more than likely to go through. Whether they will be up for scoring a goal or not is another matter. One thing that I am confident about is for them to keep a clean sheet in this second leg. With these good odds, I am more than happy to be backing this bet.

In the first leg' date=' FC Zurich hardly looked like scoring and were on the backfoot for majority of the match. Bayern Munich have now won 3 games in a row keeping clean sheets in all of those matches. With a 2:0 lead from the first leg, Bayern are more than likely to go through. Whether they will be up for scoring a goal or not is another matter. One thing that I am confident about is for them to keep a clean sheet in this second leg. With these good odds, I am more than happy to be backing this bet.[/quote'] Did you seen the game slizorn? Zurich actually did come close to scoring, and looked dangerous from set pieces.

Some early thoughts. OB Odense won the first leg and I still don't get it why they are @ 11.00. Glad I took them few days ago to Qualify @ 6.00. The same goes to Victoria Plzen who are @ 2.30 to win (by the way this game is missing).
Villareal smashed them all over the park and were massively the better team. So confident i am in Villareal playing just as well if not better in that leg and being at home needing to get some goals to secure qualification, i have put 10points on Villareal -2 Can anyone let me know about Genk? I really fancy them but any players missing/injuries/suspensions? Also i might do Bayern -2 they have been on a great run of form always hitting in over 2.5.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Villarreal yet. They lost a mostly forgettable first leg 1-0' date=' but you have to fancy them to come back strong and qualify. I make the 1.50 on offer on qualifying huge value and I have jumped on this with 12 points stake! There were enough clues in the first match that Spanish team is vastly superior technically, and I fully expect them to play OB off the park in front of their home fans. They will surely create chances and I can see them scoring 3+ goals.[/quote'] While it's true to say that Villarreal were the dominant side in the first encounter and technically superior too, it's worth remembering that most of their shots weren't on target at all. I'm sure that they will win tonight on home turf but if it'll be enough to qualify for the proper CL isn't a given thing. Odense will get chances of their own and I fancy them to score too. My suggestion is over 2,5 goals.

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event APOEL - Wisla
Selection APOEL -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.72
Reasoning First leg fininshed 1-0 home Wisla win in Krakow, Poland. Today APOEL will need of two cleen goals if they want to reach group stage. APOEL are very strong homer, they are champion of Cyprus this country have good soccer in past few years, few years ago Cyprus champion defeated Inter on the road. APOEL know that they need of at least one goal but if they score they will look to another goals. Wisla are playing defensive soccer, they will use counters today as always but if APOEL put them on a pressure I think their deffense will be broken.

Event Genk - Maccabi Haifa
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00
Reasoning First leg of this playoff finished 2-1 Maccabi Haifa home win. The Israel club take 2-0 lead but they allowed late goal so today their aim is very tough reaching the groups. However Genk are in very poor fit they struggle to win last five matches just five points of four rounds at domestic league, but Genk eliminated Partizan after home win 2-1 and draw 1-1 in previous round of champion league qualifications. Genk managed to score at least one goal in last nine home matches they scored at least two goals in six of these nine games but they allowed goal in four of past five home games. Genk are with three over in row, Maccabi are with two over in a row. If Maccabi score today Genk will need of three goals so this should be crazy match with goals, I don't believe Genk will give up so easy.

Event Malmo FF - D. Zagreb
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.03
Reasoning First leg finished 4-1 Dinamo Zagreb home win, so today Malmo FF will need of win three clear goals if they want to reach group stage. I think that will not happen but Malmo eliminated Rangers in previous round so this team have power to scored one or two goals today at home. On the other hand Zagreb will play with counter attacks they have big advantage after categoricall win at home so if this team score one or two goals they are in groups I think that also will happen Malmo have nothing to lose they will very offensive and my pick is over.

Event Zurich - Bayern Munich
Selection Bayern Munich -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.39
Reasoning Zurich are in poor fit they won just two and lose four matches at Swiss Super League, also they lose opening match at this playoff in Munich 2-0. Last weekend Zurcih lose 0-2 at home defeated by Neuchatel Xamax who are in relegation zone in Swiss League after six rounds. On the other hand Munich after poor start now they are with three win in a row, last match on Saturday 5-0 home win against Hamburger. I thin this will be an easy one for this big Germanian team with players like Gomez, Ribery, Robben, Muller this will be an easy one they will play with counters this is their big weapon.

Event Villarreal - Odense
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65
Reasoning Villarreal lose opening match at this playoff 1-0 in Denmark se they need of two goals win today if they want to play champion league group stage. I don't to underestimate Denamrk team but Villareal are very strong homer. Last season Villareal reach the semi finals at League Europe they falled against Porto but they won second match at home with 3-2 after taking 3-1 lead. Nilmar, Rossi are very strong forwards Villareal are one of best Spaniard clubs, teams of this country are playing best soccer in the world at the moment so this will be big home win with over.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Apoel-Wisla Apoel -0,5 @1,85 (bet365) 3/10 According to information portal onet.pl Melikson is doubtful with thigh injury. This may be just a disinformation from Wisla's camp of course ;) but even if he would play with a minor contusion it could significantly influence Wisla's performance. Regardless of this I simply believe that Apoel has an advantage in skills, home pitch and possibly difficult weather conditions (heat). On top of that as I have previously written Wsla has a big tradition :wall of failing in decisive games although in this case a 1-2, 2-3 etc defeat will promote them to CL group stage.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August FC Zurich - FC Bayern Munich Zurich looked really strong on set pieces last week, and they simply have to score if they want to even think about getting through. They have nothing left to defend, so I expect them to attack Bayern with all they have. Bayern on the other hand have a set of "natural" counter attackers and I expect them to score at least once. both teams score in the match @ 1.65 - bwin Malmö FF - NK Dinamo Zagreb Malmo looked really weak last week, hell they even looked week against Rangers but somehow got through. Dinamo's ambitions are always in europe and since the same squad will be available I doubt they will defend all the time. Mamic (dinamo's chairman) went to great lenghts to get some bonus points with the fans (they have some dispute, mamic even got arrested, trying to defend the fans), so I expect he'll try to give them an away win too. Even if dinamo defends, I'm confident they can win this without too much sweat and the odds are also really nice. NK Dinamo Zagreb to win @ 2.25 - bwin