** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab.

Danshot

My two biggest pots on stars at NL50 tilt me soo hard the first was a while ago limp flat with 10s flop comes J 10 x , 2 clubs of course we get it in and he has jacks. Then today I get it in as a monster favourite. I have ace 5 limp flat the pot is now $3 I believe as he was playing aggresive pre , flop is rainbow 553 I check call $2.10 then jack drops on the turn of course I want him to barrel again with 88/99 type hands so I check he bets $5 at this point I raise over half my stack $11 he ships in the $10 more he shows 65 so drawing to 3 outs to win and binks the 6. :wall I feel so frustrated by it .... rant over. But how do you deal with losing to beats?

Re: Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab. First of all , beats are bound to happen . Otherwise , its not poker . No doubt , some people gets more beats than others . Sometimes , the beats keep happening so much that you feel like puking . I seriously believe there will be days where no matter how well you played , some people will just suck you out . For me , whenever i feel like puking after some beats , i know i'm gonna play like shit for the rest of my sessions , so its better to shut down my "Business" for the rest of the day and try again tomorrow .Like that , i'll ensure no tilt in my game . Or you can buy in to a tourney and waste time and effort there . Better than losing the whole lot on cash while playing in a non-optimal manner .

My two biggest pots on stars at NL50 tilt me soo hard the first was a while ago limp flat with 10s flop comes J 10 x , 2 clubs of course we get it in and he has jacks. Then today I get it in as a monster favourite. I have ace 5 limp flat the pot is now $3 I believe as he was playing aggresive pre , flop is rainbow 553 I check call $2.10 then jack drops on the turn of course I want him to barrel again with 88/99 type hands so I check he bets $5 at this point I raise over half my stack $11 he ships in the $10 more he shows 65 so drawing to 3 outs to win and binks the 6. :wall I feel so frustrated by it .... rant over. But how do you deal with losing to beats?

Re: Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab. Yeah I'm the same and right now is frustrating today I even lost at NL5 thanks to 2 sets into sets and the tilted shoved 99 in a spot I never shove yet and against the over pair lately they never seem to show up with AK when I 4 bet. I then took a few beats in $1.50 9 Man KO's but managed to bink the win in one and 3rd to break around even over 6. Before took down a $7 against passive loose opponent that I just grinded down no big all with out the nutz. Then took the stab in good spirits before the 3 outter , I have shut down pokerstars for the night and hopefully monday's session will go better :hope Time for the pub :gimme

Re: Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab. As far as I remember, I ever tilted 2-3 times. And not in cash. To contain tilt, it has to come out from within. When I get fuked pretty bad (like a moment ago with QQ v JJ few of the money), I will have a heavy swear session in Polish (no longer than 15 seconds though). Washman should now whole swearing dictionary in Polish by now :lol.

Re: Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol I ever tilted as well too when you are doing well in several tourneys and out of a sudden one bad beat took you out of one , and the rest tumbled one by one due to me tilting due to that beat :loon:loon:loon:loon Luckily , it was freeroll but i sure didn't enjoy that night :@:@:@:@:@

As far as I remember, I ever tilted 2-3 times. And not in cash. To contain tilt, it has to come out from within. When I get fuked pretty bad (like a moment ago with QQ v JJ few of the money), I will have a heavy swear session in Polish (no longer than 15 seconds though). Washman should now whole swearing dictionary in Polish by now :lol.

Re: Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab. And guess what , i was playing with a short stack when i betted on the river (wanted to bet 0.08 and Pressed 0.80 in a cash game) :@:@:@:@:@:@:@ I had aces up and i knew that guy had trips , wanna bet a small amount to see what he would do . Obviously he happily went all in , and i had to call that little bit more money more in case it was a split pot . You can guess what happens after that . I got dealt 3 hands in a row which were winning pots but i didn't reload and let my short stack stay . Finally i got dealt Kings in 1 hole and raised the standard amt and once the flop came , i went all in and someone who flop an ace called me :@:@:@:@ Not so pissed with the guy who called but more pissed with why i pressed 0.80 instead of 0.08 :@:@:@:@

• 1 month later...

Re: Tilt Control after Beat when taking a stab. THE most annoying thing about beats is that luck has no memory. Being unlucky today does not make you more likely to be lucky in the future. Youve just gotta take it on and live with it. After looking at my tracking software, my most profitatble hands were of course AA and KK, but AK and QQ were both LOSING hands!! I dont know if im overplaying them but if its like that the i should fold my AK and QQ pre flop!! but as a poker player we play for EV and youve just gotta keep going and play the right poker and hope the luck is on your side. Another really interesting fact i found out the other day was this: Lets say you had AA and your opponent KK and playing $20NL you both get it in pre flop. But, on average you're only winning about $9.60 from your opponent everytime this happens! Eg pot = $40, minus rake will be around $37, being a 4-1 favourite you have 80% equity in the pot and that is only $29.6!!