Tennis - 8-15 August

Atko

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Two for me on opening day of Montreal. - Marin Cilic -4 games AH (v Andreas Seppi) @ 1.855 with Pinnacle flat stake Going to side with Cilic in this one. Came back into a bit form with a nice final appearance in Umag and back on his favoured hard court, I expect him to get the job done over Seppi fairly cosily. He beat the Italian in Umag 6-1 6-3, and despite their H2H reading 3-3, I think Cilic will prevail because Seppi's serve has been morose recently. It's weak and lets down his otherwise fairly solid ground game. Seppi was also on clay last week and will have had less time to adapt to quicker courts in North America. Cilic has shown signs of decent form recently and I expect him to take care of Seppi comfortably. - Alexandr Dolgopolov -5.5 games (v Erik Chvojka) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle flat stake Chovjka may have home advantage, but I don't see that helping him in this one. He's only just graduated from Future to Challenger level and I suspect Dolgopolov will be several levels above him. The Ukrainian is a difficult man to play at the best of times because he's so unorthodox. I reckon his slice, spin and power will be too much for the 24-year-old Canadian, who has performed decently in minor tournaments over the summer, but has capitulated against anyone decent (1-6 1-6 defeat to Tatsuma Ito, for example). Dolgopolov can play on hard, he reached the quarters in Australia, and has come back to the boil in winning Umag after a few months of poor form. Should be confident and ought to cover this sort of line.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.