** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Indoor Bowls

Glad to see more bookies are now willing to take bets on bowls. :clap Anyway todays games are Greg Harlow 8/15 v Simon Skelton 11/8 3:30pm Andy Thomson 2/5 v Wayne Hogg 7/4 7:30pm Greg Harlow rank 13 in the world won the BUPA Open in November by beating David Gourlay in the final and Simon Skelton rank 20 in the World will IMO be a tight match but would tend to favour Harlow but wouldn't be surprised if Skelton was to win. However I will be having a bet in the other match Thomson rank 4th and Hogg rang =61st (and rising). On paper Thomson wil be everybodies favourite but I'm going to take Hogg to upset the apple cart here. After the match Wayne will be heading home to compete in the semi final/final of the Scottish Junior Singles (which he won last year) tomorrow and Sunday so he is no mug and the 7/4 about him is a value bet. OK Thomson is definately one of the most experienced bowlers in the field and he will take all the beating but Wayne is a very consistant lead and usually peppers the jack every end and I think Thomson will struggle. W Hogg @ 7/4.

Re: World Indoor Bowls Hogg gets beat in two straight sets but had really hard lines in first set. Today Jason Greenslades and Les Gillet should both win at short odds 4/11 but don't know that much about the guys they are playing so I won't be touching it. Might have a good bet tomorrow but Neil Spiers is playing Noel Kennedy and Spiers is another that catches my eye. I'd probably price them up as 5/6 each but bookies have Kennedy as 4/6 fav woth Spiers around 11/10. Worth a bet IMO.