Tennis - 25-31 July

Dylan

Plenty of mens and womens action this week The men have three tournaments on the go in ; Croatia (Umag) - on clay Switzerland (Gaastad) - on clay LA - on hard The women have two tournaments stateside in; Stanford - on hard Washington - on hard Good luck to all this week, and I hope mods don't mind me starting this thread off.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July I had a pretty bad week last week, but had a couple of days away to refresh and rethink so hopefully can get some results this week. Not much going for me in todays matches except for one in Stanford. Elena Baltacha vs Yaroslava Shvedova - Shevdova +3.5 games 1.80 at bet365 (3/10 units) Shevdova has had a bit of a slump down the rankings in the last year, but this time in 2010 she was a top 30 player who had reached the last 16 at Miami a couple of months earlier, as well as having a few other successful runs at other WTA and ITF hard court events since 2009. With a decent record like that I’m happy to back her on a + games handicap against Baltacha who is rarely seen producing a convincing win, and struggled on the hard surfaces of Baku last week. :hope I'm also having a think about a few outrights this week and so far i've taken; Juan Carlos Ferrero – to win Umag ATP outright 6.5 at BetFred (1/10 units) Ferrero has slowly been progressing back up the rankings mainly thanks to strong showings at clay events, with a qtr final in Barcelona back in April and a winners trophy in Stuttgart two weeks ago. He was also the winner in Umag last year, so will have the added incentive of wanting hold onto the title. I don’t believe this is too strong of a field so he has a good chance of doing just that. Good luck to all the have a bet today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.