Qualifying Stages - Clean Sheets

I had a few bets so far on heavy favourites to keep clean sheets in their games. I had more success in first legs, when the fav was at home. This stands to reason in that the outsiders away from home usually park the bus, and in many cases are happy to lose by a couple. So I decided to look at the stats so far, and interesting, in the 30 games where the team that qualified (almost always the fav) played at home first, 23 times they kept clean sheets. Victor Chandler seem to offer the best odds on the clean sheet market, so there might be some profits to be made with this angle. Of course for the next rounds, the quality of teams increases significantly, so maybe this will even out. But to date there would have been some cash to be made. Just some food for thought, hope it was ok to start a thread with no bet :unsure

Re: Qualifying Stages - Clean Sheets

I had a few bets so far on heavy favourites to keep clean sheets in their games. I had more success in first legs, when the fav was at home. This stands to reason in that the outsiders away from home usually park the bus, and in many cases are happy to lose by a couple. So I decided to look at the stats so far, and interesting, in the 30 games where the team that qualified (almost always the fav) played at home first, 23 times they kept clean sheets. Victor Chandler seem to offer the best odds on the clean sheet market, so there might be some profits to be made with this angle. Of course for the next rounds, the quality of teams increases significantly, so maybe this will even out. But to date there would have been some cash to be made. Just some food for thought, hope it was ok to start a thread with no bet :unsure
Without a doubt, vicchand are way out of line with these bets and they don't seem to react to market movements either, I would imagine the success level of these bets will go down as the qual rounds go on further, as the level of quality between teams evens out..

Without a doubt' date=' vicchand are way out of line with these bets and they don't seem to react to market movements either, I would imagine the success level of these bets will go down as the qual rounds go on further, as the level of quality between teams evens out..[/quote'] I agree that the success level of these bets will go down, not only for the reason you suggest but also because the bookies will do their research better as the competition progresses (as more people will be betting on it and they stand to lose a lot more if they get it wrong). But it's definitely something to come back to in the qualifying stages next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Without a doubt' date=' vicchand are way out of line with these bets and they don't seem to react to market movements either, I would imagine the success level of these bets will go down as the qual rounds go on further, as the level of quality between teams evens out..[/quote'] Looks like Victor has woken up. The most likely game this week imo is Olymp Volou V Differdang tomorrow, and VC have a home clean sheet at 1.25 :loon